Current Standings - Apr 2 - 0035

EDM - 67

TOR - 67

CBJ - 68

WPG - 70

VAN - 71

Tonight's Winners:

Tonights Losers: WPG +1 , VAN +2

Saturday Night match-ups : DET playing their 2nd game in 2 nights against TOR , CAL @ EDM , CBJ @ CAR

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

45 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Current Standings - Apr 3 - 2147

EDM - 67

TOR - 67

CBJ - 70

VAN - 71

WPG - 72

Tonight's Winners:

Tonight's Losers: WPG +2

Argggggh! The only saving grace is the three game California road trip and many of the other "contenders" for the good draft lottery position are playing each other ;)  

19 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Argggggh! The only saving grace is the three game California road trip and many of the other "contenders" for the good draft lottery position are playing each other ;)  

Tru dat but EDM has only 2 games left so even if they win those...

I feel real good about EDM getting Auston Matthews...said no one ever!

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Rumors are jets top 4 are Matthews Laine Puljujarvi and Tkachuk actually. Apparently they have dubois ranked behind the d men now

At 5 6 or 7 one of Tkachuk or the D men would still be there I'm sure so they will get a good player regardless.

Jets should get 2 pretty good prospects out of this draft actually. It's not that deep but heck even their 2nd Rd pick should be a decent player down the road. I'd say top 35 to 40 is solid. After that it's hit n miss for sure. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think they might consider packaging their 2nd and Chicago's 1st to move up if there is someone they really like.  But between their top three picks (2 first and their second) they should land three good players.

grab Tkachuk at 7 and then if Chrycrun (sp?) is still there move up with the package you describe and grab him at 9 or 10.

"During the final 20 games of the season, improve the draft lottery odds for those bottom-dwelling teams that win games rather than lose games during that stretch. In other words, the more points you pick up in the standings during that final stretch, the better your odds in the lottery. It's almost like reversing the standings for the final quarter of the schedule."

This is the idea brought up by Ray Ferraro, now a sports analyst with TSN. This idea bears looking into if you ask me.

More on this:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15138601/nhl-give-teams-toronto-maple-leaf-vancouver-canucks-incentive-win-not-tank