Talent Assessment

Mark H.

IMO the only way we can possibly look at the changes is positively......MB's long overdue departure has occurred and we have replaced him with arguably the best available OC in LaPo. The signings in free agency have also seriously improved our team and I'm excited for the season!

11 hours ago, ddanger said:

IMO the only way we can possibly look at the changes is positively......MB's long overdue departure has occurred and we have replaced him with arguably the best available OC in LaPo. The signings in free agency have also seriously improved our team and I'm excited for the season!

What is with all this optimism stuff? We haven't won in a hundred years. We have heaven't been in the cup for a whole lifetime. We haven't had a winning record in a baker's dozen. You are supposed to spit fire and demand a coaching purge every year until we win the trophy. If you look around you will see that is how success is made by winners like that BC guy and the Calgary guy. And our GM guy is too young, look at him. Excuse me I have some bitterness cooking and I cant stand it boiling over on the stove.

12 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

The days of 5 national guys on the online are done I think only two teams go 5 nationals on the line

I'm fairly sure only Montreal played 5 Canadians on the oline last year... Cgy normally goes with 4, but I believe they played 3 at some points when they were depleted with injuries...

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Toronto will this year

We could... but i wouldn't be so sure... 4 or 5 on O-Line and Durie and/or Coombs on offence... and Foley/Bulcke with Greenwood at LB and Gabriel/Black at safety. (also our new kicker with the alphabet soup name)

Plenty of flexibility.

7 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

It seems that the "scouting system" has now found us another IMP o lineman that has been thru 2 other CFL teams according to Twitter.  

I'm sure we will sign some rookies as well.  Nothing wrong with taking a look at someone with some experience, is there?  Eric Rogers was cut before joining the Stamps and he was the best receiver in the league last year.

8 hours ago, bluto said:

We could... but i wouldn't be so sure... 4 or 5 on O-Line and Durie and/or Coombs on offence... and Foley/Bulcke with Greenwood at LB and Gabriel/Black at safety. (also our new kicker with the alphabet soup name)

Plenty of flexibility.

Didnt they have Van Roten at Centre?