Buff deal imminent

Jpan85

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

And with multiple teams bidding, its probably $8m+ and 6-7 years.  Jets did great and Buff was willing to take less to stay here.  Win-win.

31 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

I love Buff, I'm happy we retained him, but I'm not sure I completely buy this face value.

8 million for how long? Would the teams offering that kind of money be teams that would have appealed to him?   

It doesn't tell you the whole story even if true.

There would have been multiple teams seriously interested in Buff and thats all it takes to drive up his cash and term.  $8m+ easily and likely for 6-7 years.  I could see an offer structured to drop in the last 1-2 years which means front loaded to the tune of $10, $10, $10, $8, $8, $6, $6. 

We did well.  Buff is a laid back guy.  He signed that long term deal with Atlanta without knowing what the future held (unless he was told on the DL that it was for sure Winnipeg).  I still remember him being asked by incredulous American reporters why he'd sign a long term deal when he might end up in *gasp* Winnipeg and he had nothing but good things to say about that possibility.

I will admit that i have heard about those Trouba issues but those aren't the ones i was talking about as i Feel trading BOGO was pretty much the end of that problem. 

I was more referring to his off ice workout issues, he's not really committed to the game off the ice, he doesn't work out, he's not a gym guy. He needs to probably show that he is more committed off the ice first then he will get paid nicely. Cuz right now, I dunno if i give Trouba a long term deal or not, I'm not sure If i even keep him around if his off ice issues are as serious as some say they are. Brandon is referring to things that happened when BOGO was around, I'd like to think that those are non issues now. I hope they are cuz if they aren't, and this is just me guessing cuz really that's all any of us can actually do, then it's very serious and he needs some help but it seems the Jets have provided that with the hiring of his brother and his brother Copp and Trouba all living together now. I dunno what to believe anymore. Sometimes I think people make things up, other times i think there is some truth there. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I will admit that i have heard about those Trouba issues but those aren't the ones i was talking about as i Feel trading BOGO was pretty much the end of that problem. 

I was more referring to his off ice workout issues, he's not really committed to the game off the ice, he doesn't work out, he's not a gym guy. He needs to probably show that he is more committed off the ice first then he will get paid nicely. Cuz right now, I dunno if i give Trouba a long term deal or not, I'm not sure If i even keep him around if his off ice issues are as serious as some say they are. Brandon is referring to things that happened when BOGO was around, I'd like to think that those are non issues now. I hope they are cuz if they aren't, and this is just me guessing cuz really that's all any of us can actually do, then it's very serious and he needs some help but it seems the Jets have provided that with the hiring of his brother and his brother Copp and Trouba all living together now. I dunno what to believe anymore. Sometimes I think people make things up, other times i think there is some truth there. 

Good grief!!! All you have is rumors? and you keep spreading this gossip around time after time? Keep it to yourself unless you can prove it! I guess you would really like it if someone started some rumors about you enough that people would start to believe it. In that case it could affect your livelihood and or your family.

Keep your gossip to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

You are kidding yourself if you think these guys are perfect little angels. 

The bogo stuff wasn't rumors. It was fact. Fact that can be proven but isn't allowed to be 

No one said anyone was an angel. If you are going to say something about a player though you better have solid proof and not "I've heard" crap.

As for Bogo, if you have facts then prove it but you can't because there is only "a friend of a friend" gossip, not a single legitimate report.

1 hour ago, Jacquie said:

In other words you have absolutely no proof to your claims about Bogo or Trouba so you are going to use a broad statement by Bettman to try to hide the fact you have no proof.

What kind of proof can a fan possibly provide without the media or police or the team not already having or containing.

You think the club would freely leak all this stuff out to the public to show??  You do realize that if someone in law enforcement leaked evidence to the media that he wouldn't get fired on the spot?  

Sometimes rumours can be far fetched and ridiculous.... but when an over whelming amount of people from around the city have experiences or connections say something that lines up perfectly with them being absent and then traded and then "mysteriously injured" you can't really think that it's absolutely not true at all.

Evander Kane had character issues from day one,  everyone said the guy was a jerk , arrogant and was not liked by his team mates and was a diva.   Eventually the truth got leaked and he was traded away and low and behold all the rumours were 100% correct.

For BOGO he's gone and the team is in a way better place as he was a liability.

Trouba is still with the club... has regressed each season and is not looked upon as a guy with his head on straight and acting like a true professional on and off the ice.  He was Bogo's roomate,  he missed mysterious time last season like Bogo right around the rumours of him going to rehab...  no reports of him taking the off season serious with conditioning (like Scheifele did).    

Tonnes of flags on Trouba... 

48 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

"Anonymous source" You've never seen that term used in the media? 

So you think the Sun or Free Press would even dare to publish anything like this to the Jets?  

Well my "anonymous source" has confirmed that the rumours are completely true.    

All Goalie has to do is keep his fingers from typing more than once....intimating that Trouba has bad off ice fitness and that he is a drug user. 

He has no proof and already posted that it is based on rumor. Now he posts it is fact but can't say the source of the supposed fact or why

he can't post it. What a joke! And by the way never said any of the players are angels...don't put words in my mouth!

It is absolutely character assassination without any proof whatsoever, and he has done it more than once.

So time to stop doing that, and admit you shouldn't have done it in the first place!!!!