Buff deal imminent

Jpan85

Gonna say it. Think Hamonic is a Jet next season. Not sure if it's trouba myers or enstrom going the other way tho. If trouba wants big money.... I'd move him for Hamonic. I also think Enstrom is traded too. I think that may happen sooner rather than later 

Edited by Goalie

It would take a lot for me to give up Trouba in a trade for Hamonic. I would give Trouba a 2 year bridge for about 8.5....something like 4m and 4.5m. That should be enough to satisfy him for two years and know if he plays to his potential, he will get a huge contract the next one he signs. Chevy covers his arse in case he doesn't play up to potential and doesn't have to re-sign him to a mega-contract. Also, I think they really like what they see in the pairing of Trouba-Buff.

I hope they don't trade Enstrom unless they are getting some help on LHD from elsewhere. I'm not sure in any way if Morrissey is any closer or not.

26 minutes ago, bustamente said:

During Buffs media scrum he said that he liked and i'm paraphrasing what the Jets had coming up in terms of prospects, becoming a contender was a process, so Buff likes the direction the team is going, the money doesn't hurt either.

Ya, he said you don't build a cup contender overnight and he likes what he has seen come into the organization and what is coming up. He thanked Chipman and Chevy.

I hope Chevy doesn't give Trouba more than a bridge deal. He hasn't done anything to deserve a long term deal.

Sign him to two years and if he is really looking good at the start of the 2nd year, get him locked up long term before the end of the season. If it looks like he will not be anything better than a 2nd pairing D man, pay him accordingly.

22 in a couple of weeks actually.....more reason for a bridge....show us what you got.......if he is the real deal, 8mx7.5 and he is 32 when the deal expires.....is a key cog in the team for years to come and probably wears an "A". If he isn't, then pay him whatever a 2nd line D man makes...not sure how much that is but I am guessing 4.5m per year. He's got 12 points for God's sake... giving him a big money long term deal would be foolish.

Thing is... He's a d man who is good at playing D. This is the problem these days, with guys like Karlsson and Subban for that matter winning Norris Trophies. The Norris Trophy is supposed to be for the best Dman. not the best offensive D man but the guy who actually plays D the best. Trouba might not be putting up lots of points but that's really irrelevant because he's very good at playing D. 

You can't have 4 or 6 Offensive D men, that doesn't work, you need guys who can play D also. Trouba does that. 

He's very good. There is no way anyone could question his on ice abilities cuz the guy is good. It's his off ice stuff that makes you wonder tho. 

Hamonic isn't the norm tho, he's a different kind of guy. I mean, he wants to be traded to the JETS and despite what some are saying, it's only the JETS he wants to be traded too. Pretty much he will only accept a trade to the JETS. hence why he hasn't been traded yet. He's the exception to that rule. He's also what? 26 years old, Trouba is 21. you don't think Trouba has room to grow in the next 4 years? 

You watch that game last night? You see Trouba dominating? That's his ceiling. That's his potential if it's fully reached and that is a top 2 d man anyway you slice it. 

Myers for Hamonic is a fair deal. No adds from either side. If need be tho, I'd add Burmi or whoever to get it done but... That's a fair deal. If its Trouba for Hamonic, the isles are adding, a bunch. 

Edited by Goalie

28 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Hamonic isn't the norm tho, he's a different kind of guy. I mean, he wants to be traded to the JETS and despite what some are saying, it's only the JETS he wants to be traded too. Pretty much he will only accept a trade to the JETS. hence why he hasn't been traded yet. He's the exception to that rule. He's also what? 26 years old, Trouba is 21. you don't think Trouba has room to grow in the next 4 years? 

You watch that game last night? You see Trouba dominating? That's his ceiling. That's his potential if it's fully reached and that is a top 2 d man anyway you slice it. 

Myers for Hamonic is a fair deal. No adds from either side. If need be tho, I'd add Burmi or whoever to get it done but... That's a fair deal. If its Trouba for Hamonic, the isles are adding, a bunch. 

Trouble is, I've watched Trouba all year. They need to bridge him to make sure he is on his way to attaining that ceiling.

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Thing is, he's 21. That plays a role. Guy is 21. His ceiling is high. The only thing i'd be concerned about with Trouba is his off ice conditioning and issues. 

That's more than once that you have commented that Trouba has off ice conditioning and "issues". If you have proof of that post it...otherwise how about keeping those guesses and/or rumors to yourself.

55 minutes ago, blitzmore said:

That's more than once that you have commented that Trouba has off ice conditioning and "issues". If you have proof of that post it...otherwise how about keeping those guesses and/or rumors to yourself.

Lol so is he suppose to follow the guy and take pictures?

It's been stated many times that Troubas attitude has been called into question. Mostly his conditioning. Apparently went to Gary Roberts conditioning camp in the summer, dogged it bad, and there have been reports of a bad attitude. For me, I call it stereotypically American.