Uniform changes with Adidas may not be dramatic

IC Khari

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, it's that.......and also, nobody needs to point out the fact that I care way too much about this sort of thing and am taking it way too seriously. I'm aware. The girlfriend was beyond stoked to get her first jersey, and I laid out a huge rant about why she's not allowed to have her own name and a random number on the back. She is quite aware now about what kind of jerseys are allowed...

Totally understand, sacred is sacred ;)

There was a blog out there...I think from the States....that used to have a weekly "Jersey Fails" feature, where people sent in pictures of random jersey fails that they'd seen at various sporting events. That was a great read....

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

My Jersey's have my name and the #30 on them. Players change teams way to often these days to put one of their names and numbers.

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yup was gonna add, the only way putting your name on a jersey isn't a fail, I guess is if you have the same last name as a player

So by this logic,  There is no issue with TBURGESS using his own name.  He just needs to change the number.   :)

Personal preference, but I wouldn't put my own name on a jersey, but I have no issue with people who do.

I do find as I get older, I find it tougher and tougher to put the name of a current Bomber on my jersey.  Not sure if it is because it seems weird when they are all now younger then me, or because there is no "long term" player to spend that kind of money on.

Last Bomber jersey I bought was Muamba in his rookie season.  Since he left, I've been wearing a retro Walby. 

No idea who I would get if I were to buy a new one.

I also am not one to get my own name on a jersey... nothing against people who do it, I just wouldn't... I considered getting a Chris Garrett jersey a few years back b/c it matches my first name (although spelled differently) and #19 was my number in sports back in my glory days*...

*disclaimer: does generally riding the pine count as glory days?

1 hour ago, Rich said:

So by this logic,  There is no issue with TBURGESS using his own name.  He just needs to change the number.   :)

Personal preference, but I wouldn't put my own name on a jersey, but I have no issue with people who do.

I do find as I get older, I find it tougher and tougher to put the name of a current Bomber on my jersey.  Not sure if it is because it seems weird when they are all now younger then me, or because there is no "long term" player to spend that kind of money on.

Last Bomber jersey I bought was Muamba in his rookie season.  Since he left, I've been wearing a retro Walby. 

No idea who I would get if I were to buy a new one.

almost forgot I have a Walby and Stoddard (game worn style) jersey that hang in my memorabilia room, along with a Muamba's jersey that I bought off EBay just to have. It's #10 on the back (signed by Henoc) and the front is a #3 (signed by Cauchy) that I just thought looked cool, so I bought it to hang in the memorabilia room...

I am very surprised so many here look down upon putting your own name on a jersey. I see just as many nicknames on jerseys as player names at Bomber games, and I have never had a problem with either. I have 3 jerseys with player names and 1 with a nickname. I will be buying three new jerseys in May and will most likely be going with a nickname on mine , something fun. I will not tell my girlfriend and son what to put on theirs. 

When I chose my first jersey,  #84 Gordon (Robert for those too young), I did so because I liked everything about him as a player. Although I am a huge Bomber fan, there is no current player who blows me away enough to make that choice (although Dressler appeals to me to stick it to Rider fans).

I do not at all agree with those who call a personalized jersey a fail. I am not trying to pass off that I am a Bomber because I have my nickname on the back,  just as I would never call the over weight man or the old lady in the "player name" jersey a fail. 

I get that some of you are thinking that a player name honors the team/player, and that others don't have the right to wear their name on it, but the reality is these are not "game worn" jerseys, it is a fans jersey who is "honoring" the team by wearing their colors.