Uniform changes with Adidas may not be dramatic

IC Khari

I bought a Royal Blue mesh jersey in the 80's   (number 58 although I wavered on 32)  It is not anywhere as nice as the ones today. One clear example is how much it shrank over the years. Good thing i never bought pants back then. 

If Royal Blue  came back I might have to buy another one. 

1 hour ago, Fan Boy said:

I bought a Royal Blue mesh jersey in the 80's   (number 58 although I wavered on 32)  It is not anywhere as nice as the ones today. One clear example is how much it shrank over the years. Good thing i never bought pants back then. 

If Royal Blue  came back I might have to buy another one. 

Did it really shrink or did you grow? ;)

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I was told a long time ago with Jerseys, wash them inside out, they don't shrink nearly as much. 

I don't think that stops them from shrinking.  That may stop wear and tear on the logo and lettering.  The amount of water and heat will be the same if they are inside out or not.

Let them air dry instead of putting them in the dryer and washing them in cold water will stop them from shrinking (ie. stay away from heat).

9 hours ago, Rich said:

I don't think they are mutually exclusive.  I would be ecstatic if we won the Grey Cup in our current jerseys (or any jersey).

I would still be happier if we won the Grey Cup in the Royal Blues.

And the other issue here that no one is talking about is merchandising sales.  I personally will not buy another jersey in the current colour scheme.  I wouldn't but a new jersey if they chose puke colours.  I would probably buy a new jersey if they went back to the Royal Blues.  And that matters to the club whether they win the Grey Cup or not.

I would buy another classic Royal Blue jersey as I could have so many players I liked as a fan to choose from. I already have a #5 Dieter Brock jersey & a #2 Tom Clements jersey jersey from circa 1985 that doesn't fit me anymore. I can choose players like #38 Willard Reaves,  #54 or #56 Phil Minnick (he wore both), #7 Don  Jonas, #30 Brian Herosian, #52 Harry Walters, #11 Ken Ploen, #27 Dave Raimey, #24 Dave Ulmer, #71 Joe Poplawski, #70 Mike Holmes or #70 Jeff Boyd, #16 Matt Dunigan, #21 James Murphy, #29 Leo Lewis & the list goes on.

There isn't one player wearing the current jerseys of today I'd want. Not because they aren't of my generation or were my heroes growing up but because the Bombers haven't won anything wearing these jerseys. As a result I have no interest in ever buying one. I'm tired of seeing the Royal Blues just  once or twice a year as I want them to be our full time home unis. Tired enough that I won't buy another classic Royal Blues anymore just because the Bombers don't go back to the classic jerseys.

If the new jerseys aren't the classic Royal Blues & we keep losing I won't buy the new ones rolled out this coming season either.  I'll continue to go to as many games a year as I can living in Calgary but I won't spend a penny on merchandise especially jerseys. I'll just continue to wear my Brock jersey to games.

I spend enough as it is buying tickets, driving to Winnipeg or flying & getting to a home game. I want the Bombers to give me a reason to get excited about the team again. Only the classic jerseys full time will do it for me. Excited enough to shell out the money to buy a jersey when I'm in town.

Edited by iso_55

I'm OCD about laundry. Everything gets one wear, then washed. Jerseys.....sometimes I'll hang 'em back up, but only if I'm CERTAIN that I didn't get anything on it (rare -- I'm so sloppy...) but most of the time it gets a wash. No dryer tho....just hang it afterward.

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm OCD about laundry. Everything gets one wear, then washed. Jerseys.....sometimes I'll hang 'em back up, but only if I'm CERTAIN that I didn't get anything on it (rare -- I'm so sloppy...) but most of the time it gets a wash. No dryer tho....just hang it afterward.

In cold water. That's why I only wear my Brock jersey to a game once a year & maybe one other time during the season. Like Grey Cup day no matter what team is playing taking great care not to spill any food or drink on it.  

6 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

...wait, people wash their jerseys? Cripes I've been missing the boat here!

How many times have you worn your jersey(s) without washing them?? :P I'll remember this in the future. Haha.

I don't wash them every time, depending on wear, but on a hot summer day, even with a shirt underneath, hell yeah that jersey will need to be washed!

11 hours ago, comedygeek said:

How many times have you worn your jersey(s) without washing them?? :P I'll remember this in the future. Haha.

I don't wash them every time, depending on wear, but on a hot summer day, even with a shirt underneath, hell yeah that jersey will need to be washed!

Pro Tip: on a hot summer day... don't wear a t-shirt underneath... the "breathy-ness" (couldn't think of a better word) of football jerseys make them very comfortable to wear on a hot day...

I have a blue Stegall jersey circa 2006 and a blank blue current jersey. 

I haven't got a name and number on the current jersey because I don't like it that much and no player has ever seemed secure enough in his position to warrant it.  With a guy like Milt you can still wear his jersey years after he's gone.  No current player really qualifies.

I'm a snob about such things so I would never get the current royal blue with a throw back name and number because that's not exactly the jersey he wore. 

I wear the Stegall at least 75% of the time and I never wear my jerseys to anything other than games.   Or maybe something like LAbour Day watching at a friends place or a Grey Cup party. 

When the new jerseys come out I plan to get one but I really can't decide what name or number. 

I wash them about every 3rd or 4th wearing. 

Edited by saskbluefan

I really hope that they are nice, I want to frame up my current Ken Ploen jersey since its signed and Ive just been lucky it hasnt gotten anything on it yet.  Its really a shame that no current bomber has really stolen my heart enough to get a jersey.  Even guys like Turner or Denmark who have been here forever are meh IMO.  Im torn between getting a Harris one or just putting my own name on it again.  Have til may to decide.

I hate getting into this discussion because the people who do it, automatically start whining about players switching teams too much, etc etc....

The honest truth is that putting your own name and some random number is a big time jersey fail. If you're concerned about players switching teams all the time, then get a retro player on there. I roll my eyes super hard at people getting their own name on there. I've always felt, and yes it's just me, that you have to earn the right to have your name on that jersey. If I went to camp and earned a spot on the roster, then I can have my name on that jersey. I can't do that...so I'm going to honour someone who did. I have a Stegall, Brown, K Jones, Poplawski and Dunigan that I alternate through. I'm extremely superstitious, so I wear the same jersey every week during a winning streak (rare) and as soon as we lose, on to a different jersey to try and break the losing. 

Also, for what it's worth, every game.....I wear my Morning Big Blue t-shirt under the jersey.....I'm a big fat hairy guy who sweats a lot, so a shirt under is mandatory, and if I gotta wear a shirt under, I consider the MBB shirt a bit of a good luck charm. In theory, anyhow.....

Edited by Noeller

The honest truth is that there is more than one way to fit out the jersey you purchase. The only thing that matters to the club is that you purchase one in the first place and that you purchase a real one, not a knock off.

Go ahead and roll your eyes at my choices. I couldn't care any less. I won't point and laugh at a big fat hairy guy in a Stegall jersey. I've got no problems with how anyone else wants to be a fan.

BTW: No one is whining about players changing teams and my #30 is my number from when I played way back in the dark ages so it's not some random number to me.

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

What are people's thoughts on having your own name on a jersey?  I see that some people here have posted they do that, yet others, and I say this with all respect, suggest that this is somewhat "lame".  I'm not wanting to start a war, I'm just interested in thoughts, either for or against.

My last name is Stegall so I'm good ;)

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

I have to agree that putting your own name on the back of a football or hockey jersey is a huge fail. Not sure why i feel that way but... i just do. Maybe it's because I don't play for the Jets or Bombers lol. 

Yeah, it's that.......and also, nobody needs to point out the fact that I care way too much about this sort of thing and am taking it way too seriously. I'm aware. The girlfriend was beyond stoked to get her first jersey, and I laid out a huge rant about why she's not allowed to have her own name and a random number on the back. She is quite aware now about what kind of jerseys are allowed...