We be tankin' it (official tanking thread) ...

IC Khari

The Jets could use a good 3rd pairing RHD.......especially if Kostalek doesn't pan out. Also, if you draft a kid in 2017, when does he start for the Jets? 2020? 2021? Buff will be at the end of his contract by then.

It's apparent that the coach has little faith in Postma.

Edited by Ducky

If we draft top 3 and take Matthews or one of the Finns, our forwards will sure be fighting for space.

Ehlers, Wheeler, Scheif, Connor, Little, Armia, Staf, 2016 draft pick, Perreault, Dano, Copp, Lowry could be the top 12 starting forwards.. If Lemieux makes the team, what do we do then?

Connoer Scheif Wheeler

Ehlers Little Armia

Staf Perreault Draft pick

Lowry Copp Dano

No room for Lemieux?

I'd sure like to see them trade Stafford this off-season.

I agree Staf isn't a play-maker but he is finding a niche as the garbage man on the Wheeler/Shief line.  With the amount of pucks that Wheels and Scheif get to the net, someone has to be there to pick up the garbage.  Phil Esposito made a good living as a garbage collector in front of the net.

On 3/11/2016 at 11:23 PM, Ducky said:

The Jets could use a good 3rd pairing RHD.......especially if Kostalek doesn't pan out. Also, if you draft a kid in 2017, when does he start for the Jets? 2020? 2021? Buff will be at the end of his contract by then.

It's apparent that the coach has little faith in Postma.

ok, well I don't really know what your point is above but I think you are ok with drafting an RHD in 2017?  Anyway, no need to over-analyze it.  I'm just saying that I watched Adam Foote's son on Friday night and he was quite impressive, very big kid with a lot of skills.  I was really impressed with his timing on pinches, and he almost always came up with the puck in one-on-one battles.  Kind of the anti-Enstrom.

Except for the fact that Cormier wasn't called up and probably isn't on the list of emergency call ups

Lipon,Kosmo,Petan,Morrissey = 4 emergency call ups. Melchiori was called up cuz Morrissey is hurt. 

Cormier won't be called up again and theres a good chance he's gone this off season. 

The other call up would probably be De Leo. Since weirdly enough Lipon and Morrissey, 2 emergency call ups are actually hurt. 

Theres a theme there, it's all guys drafted by the JETS who really haven't had a shot at the NHL just yet.

They know what they have in Cormier, he's been around a while, what they have is a guy who isn't good enough for the NHL.. they know that.. 

Don't be surprised if another injury happens and De Leo is the guy they call up. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That's interesting. Gretzky was disqualified from the Calder for playing one year with the WHA, wasn't he?

He was, but that probably had more to do with the NHL's hatred of the WHA. The AHL is a professional league, so by the same argument a player shouldn't be considered a rookie if they played there. There is an age restriction where the player has to be 26 or younger at the start of the season. That came as a result of Sergei Makarov, if anyone remembers him. He was part of the old Soviet Union's famous KLM line in the 1980's and played internationally against the best players in the world for years. Calgary was able to get him in 1990 when he was 31, and since he hadn't played in the NHL he was considered a rookie despite everything he did in the 1980's. He won the Calder and everyone thought it was ridiculous that he was considered a rookie, and after that the NHL instituted the age restriction.

Edited by bb.king