Jets assign Adam Lowry to the Moose

Blueballz

Maurice again on Lowry: "He hasn't been as good in the first part of the year as we'd hoped... Some quickness in his game." #NHLJets

Paul Friesen         @friesensunmedia

1 more Maurice on Lowry to Moose: "They've got a cpl (games) this week, a cpl more next... (to) get his feet moving, get his game back."

Paul Friesen         @friesensunmedia

To replace Lowry, Maurice said #NHLJets will see who's playing well for the Moose, make an announcement tomorrow morning.

A big part of why he made the team in his first year was that he was physical, making hits.

Maybe his conditioning is off, or maybe he got complacent or maybe he's playing with an undisclosed injury...

Or...or...or

Not a fan of this move but who knows, maybe be comes back with fire in his eyes piss in his veins. **/fingers crossed

It's obvious watching Lowry on the ice that speed is not one of his main attributes, He's as slow as slow can be, he was last year too, just not as slow. I'd suspect he got somewhat complacent, starting reading the headlines a bit too much, went to his head.. He won't be brought up by Friday but somebody will have to be. I'd love to see Chase De Leo brought up, guy has played quite well for the Moose and deserves a chance but if i had to guess, because it's POMO and he loves his veterans, Halischuk or Fraser cuz you know... Youth Movement. 

If it's De Leo or Armia, good. If it's an older player like Hali or Fraser, Well, what's the point. They have both been awful with the Moose. If the idea is to add speed to your lineup, then De Leo or Armia are my best guess. If it's not, then who knows.

Raffl is a lost cause, he should be tearing up the AHL but he isn't, he's struggling big time. He's 29 and has very little upside. Yeah he was a nice training camp story but that's all he ever will be. He's not good. 

Lets face it Lowry has been a major disappointment this year his game has regressed and while he has straight line speed his feet are not quick. Is he a winger or a centre, did he think he had it made and was content with his game, where's the guy who used his size all game long. He will have some time to figure it out in the A and if he comes back hopefully he has learned from this demotion. 

Not sure why anyone who has been watching them play this year would be shocked by this, Lowry has regressed badly... it's very obvious and noticeable... He's just not the same player he was last year, I'd suspect he took the off-season a bit lightly, probably didn't put in the work.  This one tho must hurt POMO, Lowry is his BFF, i mean, in training camp POMO was wanting Lowry to play with Ladd and Little.... 

Not sure who has been the bigger disappointment this season, Lowry or Burmi... Not including rookies cuz expectations should be lower for rookies. 

Burmi hasn't been good, Neither has Lowry..I'd suspect if they could send Burmi down to the Moose, they would but he requires waivers and Lowry does not, Can't send Copp down, He's played really really well. Should try him on the third line with Ehlers. 

The sky is falling the sky is falling!!

Yeesh people freaking out because we send Lowry down?

He's young, he's struggling and he's playing on the 4th line. It makes perfect sense for me.

No desperation , nothing to do with Frolik... Simply the right move to make.

My guess is they bring up Cormier.

It's obvious watching Lowry on the ice that speed is not one of his main attributes, He's as slow as slow can be, he was last year too, just not as slow. I'd suspect he got somewhat complacent, starting reading the headlines a bit too much, went to his head.. He won't be brought up by Friday but somebody will have to be. I'd love to see Chase De Leo brought up, guy has played quite well for the Moose and deserves a chance but if i had to guess, because it's POMO and he loves his veterans, Halischuk or Fraser cuz you know... Youth Movement. 

If it's De Leo or Armia, good. If it's an older player like Hali or Fraser, Well, what's the point. They have both been awful with the Moose. If the idea is to add speed to your lineup, then De Leo or Armia are my best guess. If it's not, then who knows.

Raffl is a lost cause, he should be tearing up the AHL but he isn't, he's struggling big time. He's 29 and has very little upside. Yeah he was a nice training camp story but that's all he ever will be. He's not good. 

How many games did Raffl play?  Hurt right off the hop.  Now a broken jaw?  I'd say give him a chance to acclimate and actually play.  Not to mention the Moose are brutal.

The Moose young players are actually pretty good, it's the Vets that have sucked...

Cormier,Albert,Hali,Fraser,Raffl.... they have sucked. 

Check out the stats, the young guys are leading the way... the vets are nowhere to be found.

There's a reason Raffl never got an NHL sniff until he was 29 and theres a reason why it was the Jets who gave him that sniff, nobody else thought he was worth it. He's not. 

He was a nice camp story, good for him but... he can't stay healthy and he's almost 30. There is no future for Raffl. Next year at this time, he will back in Austria or wherever he came from. 

I just posted on another site a few hours ago that I thought Lowry was brought up a half to a full year early. He should be starting his career this year....

It is very interesting who Maurice calls up.....I hope it is someone young like Armia or De Leo or Olsen.

Draft and Develop means draft and "develop". Let them learn the trade on the farm. If they are ready at 18 or 19 or 20 then, by all means, bring them up but really, how many youngsters are ready for the bigs at 20?

Where is this over ripening that Chevy was talking about?

I'm totally okay with Lowry being sent down, too bad they can't send down Ehlers and Burmi too.

I dunno. Maurice Def takes some of the blame. Ladd getting more minutes than Scheif is on the coach. The penalties they keep taking... on the coach.... I don't think Maurice is on the hot seat.... I think some players are but.... Maurice is a .500 career coach. He's not exactly blameless. I think tho the core got 1 coach fired.... a couple will be traded b4 another one is. He also tho kept around the assistant coaches too. Maurice isn't perfect.... he's average. But he's not on the hot seat yet. The talent? Lol. Maybe it's the systems. Maybe Maurice talks a good talk but takes no action so some players have tuned him out. I think its possible and I think you will see a few core players moved first. If that don't work.... yeah Maurice will be fired too.

500 career coach.