Jets assign Adam Lowry to the Moose

Blueballz

**** they should send that useless Burmistrov down before Lowry.At least Lowery hits.

He looks like he's fitting in nicely, tuning in his D game and you think he's a bum? Pretty sick deke move last game, its obvious he has elite skill plus he's only what, 23? Smh

He's got great individual skills but doesn't seem to be able to apply them very well in a game. A guy with hands like that should be able to put up better numbers than he has. He didn't exactly light up the KHL either.

His line was brutal against the Blues.  They were paired up with Stuart & Chiarot most of the game and it was hard to watch. They were stuck in their own end most shifts.

I don't think that Scheifele took a bad penalty on that play i like a player that comes to the defense of a teammate when the ref doesn't make a call he should you can't hit players when you see their numbers against the boards, up to the penalty killers to do there job. Love the way Scheifele is playing this year wouldn't change a thing

Lol. No. You play your better players. LLW has done nothing recently but sure whatever.... Jets rule.

Scheif's line has rocked recently but to say LLW has done nothing recently is BS.

Little hasn't put up much points but Ladd has and Wheeler is Mr. Consistency if you ask me.

I think Wheeler's talents are best suited playing with Scheif though. Speed kills.

TUP,

You really surprise me sometimes. I don't think the Jets are going to make the playoffs this year but they are not "in a situation where they are almost eliminated." First, if that were true, why play Hali? Wouldn't they play the young guys to see what they have?

Second, The Jets are 8 points out of the playoffs with over 60% of the season to play. LOTS can happen in 50 games.

I am old enough to remember hockey before the Leafs last won the cup and I have seen lots of shite happen, it isn't over until Math says it is over but ya, I don't see them getting into the post-season without something like a trade or a goalie lighting it up or the Jets playing consistently good D or something happening.

Math is math....when it tells you that you are done, you are done.

You think it is harder to make up points now and you may be right.

The Jets have certainly showed me nothing this year to let me believe they are going to start playing as well as they have to to make the playoffs.

Let's say it will take 96 points to make it in....they need 33 wins out of 51 games. A .647 winning percentage and they are currently under .500. Hard to think they can do it.

I'm not sure if they should have re-signed Stemp and maybe someone else and let the youngsters age on the farm but it sure looks that way.

I hope Armia sees the ice and not Hali. Goalie is right though, De Leo deserved a look. Let him come up and make a bit of cash and travel by air and see what it is like. Tell him what he needs to work on and when he goes back down, maybe he improves enough that sometime next season he is called up and stays up.

Well Lowry is a surprise as a guy that took a step back. Petan is on the farm. Ehlers is not AHL eligible.

Stemp wouldn't get top six minutes with the jets. Id rather Burmi lowry and Petan struggle while learning them be too concerned with Stemp.

I'm fine with this being a one step back year as I suspected before the season. I do think Ladds contract is an issue. And I think depth is an issue but that depth is coming over the next year or so

If we end up with assets for Ladd or buff and a top five pick I'll be content with a "one step back" season.

We really don't need anyone to get top 6 minutes, we need bottom 6 and specifically, the 3rd line.

Stemp would look great on the 3rd if you ask me. If he and another player close to his abilities were signed, Petan and Copp could have started on the farm. Burmi would have centered the 4th and killed penalties while Stemp played 3rd line and a Winnik type player got 4th line minutes. Hindsight is 20/20 though. I know talent is coming but not sure if letting some youngsters into the NHL so early is the right thing to do. Lots of Detroit and Chicago draft picks don't get full seasons until they are 23 or so. Detroit, especially, lets their drafts picks develop on the farm.

Not to push the panic button but how long until Maurice gets the axe? It's obvious he doesn't have control of the locker room anymore...

That's not pushing the panic button? What a joke! how do you know he doesn't have control of the locker room, are you in there? Might be good if you think before you post.

So how do you explain the fact they are not playing the same scheme as last year? It was brought up almost ad nauseum the past month.

They should be progressing not regressing.

They arent as defensive minded and take stupid penalties at costly times. It more than often shoots them in the foot.

They have trouble sustaining leads.

Maybe it is you that needs to do the thinking...

Not to push the panic button but how long until Maurice gets the axe? It's obvious he doesn't have control of the locker room anymore...

That's not pushing the panic button? What a joke! how do you know he doesn't have control of the locker room, are you in there? Might be good if you think before you post.
So how do you explain the fact they are not playing the same scheme as last year? It was brought up almost ad nauseum the past month.

They arent as defensive minded and take stupid penalties at costly times. It more than often shoots them in the foot.

I actually agree with you here. I think Maurice is part of the problem for sure but Maurice knows how to kiss the fans asses so he's not talked about.

Over playing Veterans. Penalties. Thor and Peluso. The special teams. Lack of accountability to the vets who take those dumb penalties. Maurice is for some reason ignored in all this tho. Not sure why. He's a career .500 coach. He has huge flaws. Go talk to Carolina fans or leafs fans about Maurice. Talks a good talk but is slow to adjust in game and relies on vets way too much. I wouldn't fire him tho. I'd trade some of the vets first. If that didn't do it... yup I'd fire him. Maurice loves winnipeg tho so that's all people will remember here. Something that the common fan doesn't even know is Maurice had a huge say in who stayed or went this off season also.

Maurice will be fired one day... probably sooner rather than later also. Probably won't be coaching here in 2 years regardless of length of contract

Of course the coach has a say in who stays and who goes...isn't that the proper way to run the team?

Also, Copp has 4 points. Petan had 1 point. Ehlers has 12 points and 2 in his last 10 and a shooting % of 6.6. Are you satisfied with that?

So, ya, it's not all on the vets. Perreault has almost that many points in his last 10 games by himself!

I actually agree with you here. I think Maurice is part of the problem for sure but Maurice knows how to kiss the fans asses so he's not talked about.

Over playing Veterans. Penalties. Thor and Peluso. The special teams. Lack of accountability to the vets who take those dumb penalties. Maurice is for some reason ignored in all this tho. Not sure why. He's a career .500 coach. He has huge flaws. Go talk to Carolina fans or leafs fans about Maurice. Talks a good talk but is slow to adjust in game and relies on vets way too much. I wouldn't fire him tho. I'd trade some of the vets first. If that didn't do it... yup I'd fire him. Maurice loves winnipeg tho so that's all people will remember here. Something that the common fan doesn't even know is Maurice had a huge say in who stayed or went this off season also.

Maurice will be fired one day... probably sooner rather than later also. Probably won't be coaching here in 2 years regardless of length of contract

Yup agreed, accountability should go beyond just the players. I wouldn't be quick to fire him either but he isn't exactly a winningest coach either.

We have talent for sure but if the results aren't there, we have to look at all possibilities, including the coach.

Maurice was an upgrade over Noel for sure but it wasn't like we had a Scotty Bowman type of replacement.

Yes a certain amount falls on the players but the coach deserves some accountability too.