A decade from now ...

IC Khari

Wpg. has hordes of football fans in waiting that will swarm back to IGF once they field a competitive team, a GC victory would be nice but it isn't critical to the survival of the franchise.  Fans just want to enjoy the experience and winning is the key to that enjoyment.  Not worried about their demise in the least.

I would agree with one exception, just how long can they wait to come back before they lose interest. I do completely agree that winning a GC is not crucial next year, however, they MUST field a team that doesn't suck or isn't a step away from being good. While I would like to say that I don't worry about the team's demise I just can't. (I do think the league would intervene before that though)

In 2011 we sold out just about every home game and we weren't even that great a team. Put a winner on the field and we won't even be discussing attendance as a potential issue. Not sure where people are so concerned. This past few years might have been the worst stretch of football in Winnipeg since Jeff Reinbold was in town and we still had good attendance. Sheesh...the doomsayers are out in full force.

I have no problems with the out of towners on this site, however, i do find it kind of funny that they try to convince people who do live in Winnipeg that the bomber crowds are older. Man, open your eyes, even if you aren't at the game, look at the TV when they show the crowd, it's 90 percent people 40 and under, hell, 30 and under, 25 and under even... The Bombers have no issues at all drawing the younger people out to games... AT ALL. 

I guess maybe go to a few games and you will see. IGF is full of younger people. Every game I've ever been 2 ,way more people closer to my age than to my dads age... and it's not even close. It really isn't close at all... and just for the record, I'm a younger person, I don't go to games to socialize and get **** faced. I go to watch the game. 

Wpg. has hordes of football fans in waiting that will swarm back to IGF once they field a competitive team, a GC victory would be nice but it isn't critical to the survival of the franchise.  Fans just want to enjoy the experience and winning is the key to that enjoyment.  Not worried about their demise in the least.

That's exactly how I feel. Put a winning team on the field & the fans will come back. Fans are just itching for a winner. The question is when will the team do that? 

I don't see any problem with attending a football game and socializing at the same time. Can be done you know. Our new stadium has a nice set up allowing people to still be able to catch the on-field action and socialize at the Rum Hut etc. A play takes 5 seconds and then there is almost a minute between for the next one. Socialize and watch football at the same time. Not really a problem.

The young people are at the game to get drunk and to socialize. Which works out good since they bring in good revenue at the concessions.

The older crowd are the ones who watch the game and who are usually frustrated at the team.

So, basically you're saying anyone under 35 are stupid. 

Can we amend that to anyone under 33? Asking for a friend.....

That's exactly how I feel. Put a winning team on the field & the fans will come back. Fans are just itching for a winner. The question is when will the team do that? 

Wade must come into the office every morning, open up his spreadsheet shout f*ck! and slam his head onto his desk.  Revenue lost in the last two years by not providing the fans at IGF with a semi-competitive team and a chance to win at home must be staggering.  2,000-5,000 fans less per game adds up quickly, especially when additional revenue from concessions is added in.

In any other line of work accounting for this lost revenue would lead to the individuals directly responsible being fired but not with the Bombers, it's OKAY, they can try to do better again next year.

The young people are at the game to get drunk and to socialize. Which works out good since they bring in good revenue at the concessions.

The older crowd are the ones who watch the game and who are usually frustrated at the team.

Okay, anyone under 33. ;)

I'm 34 and go to the games to watch football.

The only stupid fans are the ones who can't drink responsibly and end up hurting themselves or other fans.

The only stupid fans are the ones who can't drink responsibly and end up hurting themselves or other fans.

Not every fan no matter what age drinks to the point of being drunk. And if they do they should be arrested & thrown in jail. You seem to have a penchant for painting a group of people with the same brush.

I believe our GC tix are in the north endzone just below the Rum Hut. Sitting with a buddy who's a season ticket holder. Mildly concerned at just how insane that concourse is going to be during GC....

Yeeeeaaaah around there its going to get crazy. Bottlenecks hard. Plus, people will be "keepin warm" with liquid heat all game im sure.

Not every fan no matter what age drinks to the point of being drunk. And if they do they should be arrested & thrown in jail. You seem to have a penchant for painting a group of people with the same brush.

id point out he never said "all bomber fans.." Or "all people who drink.."

He actually narrowed down his ire to just lushboxes and people with no control..

SPuDS is correct.

My original point was that the younger fans don't really care about the product on the field and will go regardless if the team stinks or not.  

That's not what you said but really, more Internet anger for nothing on this site. Who ******* cares? 

I said young people go to the game to get drunk and socialize?   Doesn't the beer snake alone prove my point?   

SPuDS is correct.

My original point was that the younger fans don't really care about the product on the field and will go regardless if the team stinks or not.  

That's not what you said but really, more Internet anger for nothing on this site. Who ******* cares? 

I said young people go to the game to get drunk and socialize?   Doesn't the beer snake alone prove my point?   

Whatever. This is a dead end argument & one I don't want to fight. If I offended you & SPuDs I apologize.

SPuDS is correct.

Whatever. This is a dead end argument & one I don't want to fight. If I offended you & SPuDs I apologize.

Nope no offense Iso, I was just weighing in on how I thought it came across.

I was at the bomber game in bc this year and there was still a lot of bomber fans there. I'm 25 and a lot of people my age who are football fans are nfl fans over cfl. Cfl seems to have the older demographic with all teams except Saskatchewan. All cities have there faithful and there bandwagon but it is good to get them when there young that way they become more loyal, like say if they leave Manitoba they will still be a fan.