Award Finalists Announced

Rich

I thought they might throw a bone to Wpg. for hosting the show but not to be.    Only caught the last half of the telecast but Ottawa cleaned up.

Bottom line is 9 out of 10 times an offensive player wins over a defensive one. Solomon Elimimian was the exception last season. 

And Westerman didn't win ...

Not surprised but still disappointed.... Westerman is one of the 3 best D-linemen in the league... Sinopoli is maybe a top 10 WR in the league...

I think it was TBurgess that summed it up best... Sinopoli had the more intriguing story, plus he's offensive... and that will always be enough to convince the CFL media... 

3d down nation

"

WINNIPEG — When Brad Sinopoli stood up to accept the 2015 CFL’s most outstanding Canadian award, he thanked his mother, teammates and the Ottawa RedBlacks organization.

He didn’t — but certainly could have — given a shoutout to the Calgary Stampeders for their assistance in his career.

In 2013, the Stamps wanted to make use of Sinopoli’s athletic ability, so they converted him from a quarterback to a receiver. It was tough to give up on the dream of being a CFL pivot, but the decision was a great one.

Sinopoli recalls being excited to take on the challenge of switching positions, something he did well from the 2012 to 2013 seasons.

“At the time, I was just happy to play,” Sinopoli said. “I didn’t think I would get the chance to quarterback anywhere else. I was just happy to get a chance at receiver. I saw that as my only way to keep playing, so I thought I should give it everything I had.”

Ian Busby 3downnation

etc

I think Westerman was more deserving, league leader at his position. On a bad team, without much help from linemates.(What did D lineman Bryant do this year?)

Sounds like there's a love fest for Ottawa.

I wonder how many of the voters voted for Sinopoli beacuse he is a "real" Canadian.  Westerman is an American who happened to spend a cpouple of years in Ont. growing up.  Enough to be called a National for football purposes.  By the way, I think Westerman should have won.

Westerman clearly should have won.  The voters are morons.

Maybe some one can help me out here:

I am looking at Sinopoli's stats on CFL.ca and nothing makes sense.

On the stats page that shows the 2015 receiving yards it has Sinopoli at 69 catches for 1035 yards.

However, if you click on his season stats for 2015 it shows 19 games. (I'm assuming the first one was a preseason game.)

If you minus the first game Sinopoli only has 65 catches for 1005 yards. Which would put him 12th in the CFL and 4th on his own team.

I wonder how many of the voters voted for Sinopoli beacuse he is a "real" Canadian.  Westerman is an American who happened to spend a cpouple of years in Ont. growing up.  Enough to be called a National for football purposes.  By the way, I think Westerman should have won.

As "real" a Canadian as Ben Cahoon ever was .. I think it's been said .. Offensive Player over the Defensive Player .. and the RedBlacks are the story this year .. the fact that a guy wouldn't recognize Sinopoli as an all-star but found him worthy enough to be the Most Outstanding Canadian over a guy who was both an all-star and a league pacing impact player (regardless of passport) speaks volumes about the people voting.

As far as I'm concerned, Westerman got ******* robbed.

speaks volumes about the people voting.

For me, John Hodge, "3downnation" Bomber writer and podcaster, does a much more interesting  job covering the Bombers than any of the paid writers and radio people seem to be either able, or willing to do.

He's able to criticize the team without appearing to be just complaining for the sake of it. He also gives credit where due.

He has excellent guests as well on his podcast.

Probably not news to most of the people at this site.