Let's shoot for 30!

IC Khari

25 years without a Grey Cup win and counting. We are so good at not winning a championship we should try and break the league record for futility. It may at least give our fans a realistic goal to hope for. Something to get stoked about. Heck, it's not like we'd even have to try hard. I think this club has what it takes to get to 30 years at least (the Argos record of 33 may be tough) before someone messes up and brings a winner here.

25 years without a Grey Cup win and counting. We are so good at not winning a championship we should try and break the league record for futility. It may at least give our fans a realistic goal to hope for. Something to get stoked about. Heck, it's not like we'd even have to try hard. I think this club has what it takes to get to 30 years at least (the Argos record of 33 may be tough) before someone messes up and brings a winner here.

LOL!

When I realized that it was official, that we are now at 25 years of no championships 100%, I kind of got angry for about 10 seconds. I thought of all the years this team has let me down. The Grey Cup in Montreal vs Calgary comes to mind. Losing the Riders in Toronto. Bumbling all the years of Khari and Milt and choking them away in the playoffs (Losing the Cup, then the west  final, then the semi final). The embarrassment of the unfinished business campaign; the ugliest jerseys in pro sports for the last 3 (three?) years; the stadium debacle; and generally cheap management who would sooner clink plastic wine glasses at an Earls and celebrate money saved than doing things correctly.

Then it quickly turned to numb apathy. I grew up watching this team because my Brother, Dad, and Grandfather watched this team and loved them with me. My Dad lives in Calgary across town from me and doesn't care anymore, my brothers is in Windsor and is a Lions fan, and my Grandfather has long since passed. There's no one else here in town who cares. Why do I? This team does nothing but find new and hillarious ways to crap on all of us. The newest one is to bring back the clownshow that brought us 2 years of more terrible football. Blame Willy being hurt all you want. This team  stinks from safety to runningback and everything in between. But if you listen to some posters here, we should bring back the same crew of idiots who put this crap show together. It's like a beaten woman defending her abusive loser husband, scared of change because continuity and sticking by your man is some how perceived as admirable. It's not. It's short sighted, and gutless.

This franchise is a pox on my recreational life. I spend many a nights/afternoons unwinding from work watching them and it's been the worst bargain of my life for the last 25 years. I'd have been better off converting to a Stamps fan when I moved her a long time ago, but I had too much pride in my hometown to do so. In short, #&^$ this team. 

See you next year, of course.

#LifeOfaBomberFan

I agree with your thoughts. I think this is doable! However while we are attempting to set the record got to wonder how many folks will be showing up at the games? Maybe we can get lucky and play all of our home games away like the Argo's had to do this year. Heck given the problems with the new stadium it might be in the public's best interest - safety wise, to not play in the stadium until they get it fixed (which from what I can see will take sums of money not yet even thought of). But of course in order to achieve this record we need to give  Miller, MOS and MB life time contracts.

Going to be a long winter in the Peg!

4 years and no playoffs and six out of 7. How sad is it that we're hoping for a playoff spot?

Well given the current cast of cast-offs and want to be's; not surprising. Rookies from the President on down! An OC that no one wants, poor to no existing recruiting to speak of and a Board made up  of "good ol boys" how can you expect anything otherwise? Now let's see how they can con the season ticket holders into renewing  for 2016 - that should be interesting.

I agree with your thoughts. I think this is doable! However while we are attempting to set the record got to wonder how many folks will be showing up at the games? Maybe we can get lucky and play all of our home games away like the Argo's had to do this year. Heck given the problems with the new stadium it might be in the public's best interest - safety wise, to not play in the stadium until they get it fixed (which from what I can see will take sums of money not yet even thought of). But of course in order to achieve this record we need to give  Miller, MOS and MB life time contracts.

Going to be a long winter in the Peg!

Probably not much different than now, we are heading into year 26 and us suckers are still buying the hope they are selling along with season tickets.