Now that our season is toast ...

JimmyFartball

... what hope can we take away from 2015?  I feel worse after this year than last if that's possible but I do see some talent that could be complimented with a new OC and more competent roster management. Willy I believe is the real deal, but needs a chance to show it, meaning he's not getting killed every game. Thankfully I can go watch the Jets play tomorrow night and forget about football for another 6 months. 

Our season was done by Labour Day, even though some chose to live in denial. We've had brief moments of competence, but the team has stunk for two seasons. Gonna take a lot of Febreeze to clear out this stench. To those who have been calling for "continuity", continuity means more of what we've had for two years. Enough already.

Our season was done by Labour Day, even though some chose to live in denial. We've had brief moments of competence, but the team has stunk for two seasons. Gonna take a lot of Febreeze to clear out this stench. To those who have been calling for "continuity", continuity means more of what we've had for two years. Enough already.

Our season was done before it started. Mack Junior assured that.

Yeah, he's really got to pick it up as well. Anyone know what he's got left on his contract?

Yeah, he's really got to pick it up as well. Anyone know what he's got left on his contract?

Entirely too much time. Proven crap running the show means little hope for 2016. Perhaps 3-15 season will stimulate Miller to put down that tray of Hoagies and get serious in fixing this franchise.

I'm disappointed.

We're all disappointed and now the Argo game next week means nothing to us. We'll be playing for pride only. Do we have any? A loss to the Argos, O'Shea's old team, is going to be ... surreal. I can see Miller losing his **** and firing some people after that game.

I'm disappointed.

We're all disappointed and now the Argo game next week means nothing to us. We'll be playing for pride only. Do we have any? A loss to the Argos, O'Shea's old team, is going to be ... surreal. I can see Miller losing his **** and firing some people after that game.

No, he'd be losing his mind to keep things the way they are. The way this club works, I wouldn't be surprised if new contracts were handed out.

Yep - officially done. I agree it was pretty much done though not by Labour Day, it was done when Willy broke his leg. I knew then, once I heard and researched the injury it was pretty obvious he wasn't coming back (a more severe version could have literally rendered him a cripple never mind playing football again). 

Next year - same as the last 25 boys. Can't recruit our own QB = another year of misery - or maybe, maybe, a decent year, maybe two - but no recruit means once Willy is gone for good - back from mediocrity (which even then in this minor league can get you to a Grey Cup) to utter crap again. 

But I think Walters is gone. Where there's smoke, there's fire. What's he going to say during the season while he's still employed "Yes, I"m the GM of the Wpg Blue Bombers but that directorship in Guelph - which I can have as long as I want - sure looks sweet, I'll probably go there when the season is done". Don't worry about Walters folks, he's gone. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him hired there before the Grey Cup is played in Winnipeg (wouldn't that be a howdy do LMAO).

Cruddy franchise, great stadium, and the best fans (sorry Sk fans but don't recall Wpg ever having to hold a freaking telethon to save their team).

rebusrankin - you keep renewing your season tickets because you are true blue fan of the bombers. I admire and congratulate you. For your sake, and others of your ilk - I wish you nothing but the best. My Mom passed away last year - I kept cheering for the Bombers because of her (when the bombers won it made her happy). Now that she's moved on, it just doesn't matter. Time for me to move on. I'll always have soft spot but since the Oilers are my hockey team now, I'm golng to make the Eskimos my football team. Most likely will take a year or two to get fully emotionally involved with the team, but at least it is a team I can get behind.

To all the folks here - pleasure reading all your posts. I hope I was able to contribute a little bit but lots of great, knowledgeable fans here. The Winnipeg Football club doesn't deserve you, and you all deserve a lot better. And 'when' (not if - it will happen) the Bombers become a relevant team again - I'll be happy for all of you. 

Take care all - see you on the other side :)

Yep - officially done. I agree it was pretty much done though not by Labour Day, it was done when Willy broke his leg. I knew then, once I heard and researched the injury it was pretty obvious he wasn't coming back (a more severe version could have literally rendered him a cripple never mind playing football again). 

Next year - same as the last 25 boys. Can't recruit our own QB = another year of misery - or maybe, maybe, a decent year, maybe two - but no recruit means once Willy is gone for good - back from mediocrity (which even then in this minor league can get you to a Grey Cup) to utter crap again. 

But I think Walters is gone. Where there's smoke, there's fire. What's he going to say during the season while he's still employed "Yes, I"m the GM of the Wpg Blue Bombers but that directorship in Guelph - which I can have as long as I want - sure looks sweet, I'll probably go there when the season is done". Don't worry about Walters folks, he's gone. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him hired there before the Grey Cup is played in Winnipeg (wouldn't that be a howdy do LMAO).

Cruddy franchise, great stadium, and the best fans (sorry Sk fans but don't recall Wpg ever having to hold a freaking telethon to save their team).

rebusrankin - you keep renewing your season tickets because you are true blue fan of the bombers. I admire and congratulate you. For your sake, and others of your ilk - I wish you nothing but the best. My Mom passed away last year - I kept cheering for the Bombers because of her (when the bombers won it made her happy). Now that she's moved on, it just doesn't matter. Time for me to move on. I'll always have soft spot but since the Oilers are my hockey team now, I'm golng to make the Eskimos my football team. Most likely will take a year or two to get fully emotionally involved with the team, but at least it is a team I can get behind.

To all the folks here - pleasure reading all your posts. I hope I was able to contribute a little bit but lots of great, knowledgeable fans here. The Winnipeg Football club doesn't deserve you, and you all deserve a lot better. And 'when' (not if - it will happen) the Bombers become a relevant team again - I'll be happy for all of you. 

Take care all - see you on the other side :)

See ya, Krunch. Take care. Good luck with the Oilers and Eskies. Drop in and say Hi once in a while.

You know the problem saying you're finally done means you can never come back even if you want to when you change your mind. I live in Calgary & yes I like the Stampeders. They're a classy organization that wins. Great HC & GM in John Hufnagel & a personnel guy in John Murphy who has contacts everywhere & finds great players over & over year in & year out.. It's very easy to like a team like that. 

However, I still don't love the Stamps like I do the Bombers. A Bomber loss rips at me more than a Stamps loss & a Bomber win still feels a lot better than a Stamps win. However, I can say that I can't turn my back on the Blue Bombers no matter how hard it gets. The team is driving me nuts the way they do business & with their play on the field. They make me angry, sad & happy as a fan. Certainly a lot more angry these days. I can say that even through the hard times like we are going thru now that I'll never, ever write my own personal obituary telling everyone I'm finished as a fan in a Bomber forum because I never will be.