Game Day Thread - Ott at Wpg

fan4life

Why or why would you rush only 3 and let Burris pick you apart late in the fourth, that was brutal. 

That was one of the strangest calls in a series of strange call this year and last. Ottawa was killing the Bombers with their running and with lightweights on the D-line, Ottawa burned up the clock and got first downs at will in that last drive.

I love the progress Hall has made with the D but that series was on him and his playcalling

Why or why would you rush only 3 and let Burris pick you apart late in the fourth, that was brutal. 

That was one of the strangest calls in a series of strange call this year and last. Ottawa was killing the Bombers with their running and with lightweights on the D-line, Ottawa burned up the clock and got first downs at will in that last drive.

Poor coaching is the Hall-mark of this team.

Doug Brown suggesting the one constant in all this losing is the BOD. Can't disagree. They hired the people that run this team.

Nah, We Like Mike. 

525 yards against and 38 minutes of Ottawa offense tells me that the 'D' didn't have a good game.

No, they didn't, but no defense can consistently excel when they spend so much time on the field. The O has to give them a break from time to time. Look at the time our D spent on the field today.

Team does NOTHING in first Q of must game, at home.

All star Stanley Bryant looked pretty bad today (he had company)

Our best cover guy gives up a long TD, with 8 seconds to go, in the half

We have lead, momentum and field position...and our punter shanks a 15 yder

Losses and a turnover on poorly designed gimmick plays.....

Give up a million 2nd down conversions, on D

Ottawa rams it right up the gut down the field for winning score, in crunchtime.....

I could go on.....and on....and on.....but this is what losing teams do to lose, consistently

and this is a losing team, strictly on merit.

Same ole crap....

First half... Bombers had the ball for like 8 minutes. The O sucked....once again

Why can't this team have a good first half?

Like Nichols said last game, it took the coaches a half to realize what defence Ottawa was playing. Now, either Ottawa was really sneaky or our coaches are really dumb. I'd go with the latter given how consistent we have been in this trend.

525 yards against and 38 minutes of Ottawa offense tells me that the 'D' didn't have a good game.

No, they didn't, but no defense can consistently excel when they spend so much time on the field. The O has to give them a break from time to time. Look at the time our D spent on the field today.

The defense is the best part of our team, but they didn't wear down as the game went on. Ottawa threw for 300 yards in the first half. 

Ghost town around here... In the old days when the team was in a playoff hunt we would have dozens of pages of complaining...

Well, the losing has that effect. At first we polarized into negatrons and positrons. Now the positrons can't defend their positions and the negatrons are tired of flogging the same dead horse.

Team does NOTHING in first Q of must game, at home.

All star Stanley Bryant looked pretty bad today (he had company)

Our best cover guy gives up a long TD, with 8 seconds to go, in the half

We have lead, momentum and field position...and our punter shanks a 15 yder

Losses and a turnover on poorly designed gimmick plays.....

Give up a million 2nd down conversions, on D

Ottawa rams it right up the gut down the field for winning score, in crunchtime.....

I could go on.....and on....and on.....but this is what losing teams do to lose, consistently

and this is a losing team, strictly on merit.

Same ole crap....

Yet... We Like Mike. We're right on track. Everything is great. 

The defense is the best part of our team, but they didn't wear down as the game went on. Ottawa threw for 300 yards in the first half. 

Yeah, especially in that first half, it would have been nice to see our O control the ball.

This mess has to be placed at O'Shea's feet. He chose his own set of assistants and so far the offensive, defensive, special teams and O-line coaches has been exposed as bad choices. O'Shea is probably a good guy and loves his dog and may be beloved by his players, but the results are just not there. You can call for continuity, as a good thing, but continuity means more of the same, and this is not close to being satisfactory. No rookie head coach has ever survived this sort of horrible first two years, and for good reason.

Is 7 11 year one really that bad? The 5 13 is but.... starting QB injured.... terrible O. Not sure the O is on O'shea exactly. D and special teams have got better. D was good enough to win today... the O just never took advantage. Asking your d to win games is tough... think that is what's happened this year. Our 5 wins are mainly due to Willy and our D. Our losses are all on the O in my opinion. 20 points scored today... 23 25 20 something the last several games. That's not enough to win on the cfl.

3 huge turnovers and they were the reason we were even in the game.

If you want a reason for the 38 minutes of Ottawa TOP, look no further than the 6 carries for 20 yards by Cam Marshall or the 6 sacks on Matt Nichols. 

The defense is as much to blame as the offense.  Fatigue does not factor in when the defense gives up over 300 yards passing and 19 first downs in the first half.  Huge chunks of real estate given up throughout the entire first two quarters including an embarrassing 75 yard td drive at the end of the half.  Defense has lots of holes.  

Yup, struggling on whether to do an Odds and Sods.....and regurgitating the same ole problems....yet again...

Please don't underestimate the entertainment value of Odds and Sods. I always look forward to it and it is often the highlight of another week of Bomber football. Please continue.

3 huge turnovers and they were the reason we were even in the game.

If you want a reason for the 38 minutes of Ottawa TOP, look no further than the 6 carries for 20 yards by Cam Marshall or the 6 sacks on Matt Nichols.

The defense is as much to blame as the offense. Fatigue does not factor in when the defense gives up over 300 yards passing and 19 first downs in the first half. Huge chunks of real estate given up throughout the entire first two quarters including an embarrassing 75 yard td drive at the end of the half. Defense has lots of holes.

Maybe, but a bunch of that came when they essentially had to play an entire quarter with maybe a break or two of a play from our O. Hard to ask our D to keep up a high level of play when they can't get off the field for more than a minute.