Fed Up Fan: $5 dollars to get rid of a ticket?

Don't care if we squeak into the playoffs with an under .500 record.

Don't care if we don't end up with a fairy tale ending.

Don't care if nothing much comes of it.

Don't care if some of you are embarrassed.

It's the Bombers. Still my team. Any win, any extra game is special for me. Love watching and supporting my team.

One of these days we will be rewarded. Can't tell when, but I'll be here.

It's the Bombers. Still my team. Any win, any extra game is special for me. Love watching and supporting my team.

**** anyone who says different. I can't believe some of you guys.....only in Winnipeg are we finding ways to complain about being in the playoffs after a drought like we've had. You ***** if we don't make it, you ***** when we have a chance to make it because "we didn't do it well enough"......this ******* town, I swear.......can't we just be happy about the thought of making playoffs??????

Supporting your beloved team does not automatically mean you applaud bonehead performances by the players, inept coaching or bad decisions by the GM or scouting staff. To me it means calling a spade a spade and continuing to follow and look for the best for the team. If fans do not demand better, we will continue to get what we've been getting since we were spoiled by Cal Murphy and Mike Reilly. Maybe Doug Berry would have fallen into that category as well, but Bauer thought better of it.

**** anyone who says different. I can't believe some of you guys.....only in Winnipeg are we finding ways to complain about being in the playoffs after a drought like we've had. You ***** if we don't make it, you ***** when we have a chance to make it because "we didn't do it well enough"......this ******* town, I swear.......can't we just be happy about the thought of making playoffs??????

Okay Noeller take a valium...Not saying we don't like the Bombers but they aren't very good. It's reality. And it's been this way for far, far too long. Just because anyone is critical of the team doesn't mean they aren't a fan.

Playoff spot or not, I think we're kidding ourselves expecting some kind of fairy tale ending to our season.

Why?

I wouldn't bet on the Bombers raising the Grey Cup this year, but then how many people would have bet on that powerhouse 8-10 Stampeder team to win it in 2001?

Not many, but that is a championship team and that other squad that dominated the league throughout the season is just a big group of losers in history's eyes... :ph34r:

I wonder how many of the people criticizing this guy are season ticket holders.  I can tell you it's been absolute hell being one since the 2012 season, really since the whole move to the new stadium began, and I won't be one for the first time in my adult life next season.  This guy is at least joking, he's already renewed for 2016.  There's a confluence of factors for me, but the Football Club has basically given me no reason to remain a season ticket holder beyond loving the sport of football.  I love the Bombers, but I haven't been in love with them for several years.  Making time to go to the games is a hassle at this point in my life and rarely enjoyable.

I keep saying this & a lot of members take issue with it but if we go 5-13 & miss the playoffs again & there is no HC change how does Miller sell any hope of improvement to Bomber fans & in particular season ticket holders? I don't think you can. If changes aren't made I'm concerned that the ST base will crater. The team will have no credibility. Miller can't just go on saying everything is fine & on track with the management & coaching staff in place. 

I wonder how many of the people criticizing this guy are season ticket holders.  I can tell you it's been absolute hell being one since the 2012 season, really since the whole move to the new stadium began, and I won't be one for the first time in my adult life next season.  This guy is at least joking, he's already renewed for 2016.  There's a confluence of factors for me, but the Football Club has basically given me no reason to remain a season ticket holder beyond loving the sport of football.  I love the Bombers, but I haven't been in love with them for several years.  Making time to go to the games is a hassle at this point in my life and rarely enjoyable.

bfb95d3e831fba8fc94cc7a858f79abf.jpg

Thanks Dee I don't need hugs but I think the We Like Mike Movement only lives here. Not among fans who are season ticket holders but don't post online or casual fans. When people have to plunk down money on what they see as an inferior & lingeringly bad product they won't do it. Why should they? They want results. If the Bombers lose a STH like JBR who knows the game inside out because he feels it's pointless then they're in big, big, trouble. 

I would have to agree with you. While I do not have to drive too far (70+ kms), I still have to make a ton of arrangements to make it to games. I have only been forced to miss one game since 2003 ( a win no less :(). More often than not in the last several years it is to be rewarded with absolutely atrocious play and a loss. I have been so angry at times that I fired off an email to and talked with pr staff (nice people but but they have a script they feed you every time, I feel sorry for them having to answer for really bad coaching and management).

Like you I love the Bombers but haven't been in love with them for a while.

Making the playoffs, while in my heart I want it, I think it would be very bad for the rebuilding(?) of this team. I want them to absolutely and unequivocally be squashed, stomped and embarrassed out of the playoffs so that it might, just might mean that we finally get that much needed independent assessment of this franchise to find out what in the inner workings of this organization is so hopelessly broken that it permeates its way onto the field of play year after year. This team has mostly sucked for 25 years and that is despite having a slew of really good players and coaches pass through. I want change, lasting change. Who knows? Maybe Mack Junior and Coach Hugs and Kisses are the right pieces but I believe only an independent assessor can tell us for sure. I sure as hell do not want to try another set of coaches, players, and management on just hoping that it is the right fit.

Thanks Dee I don't need hugs but I think the We Like Mike Movement only lives here. Not among fans who are season ticket holders but don't post online or casual fans. When people have to plunk down money on what they see as an inferior & lingeringly bad product they won't do it. Why should they? They want results. If the Bombers lose a STH like JBR who knows the game inside out because he feels it's pointless then they're in big, big, trouble.

In no way am I not empathizing with STHs as they are the best in my mind. Frustrating seems to be a word that was specifically thought up for Bomber fans. Frustrating+ for STHs.

No, I understand completely because the exhilaration that was once part of the game day experience has been drenched by ineptness, and it doesn't seem to end.

Winning will cure that.

Hoping to start....Saturday.

In no way am I not empathizing with STHs as they are the best in my mind. Frustrating seems to be a word that was specifically thought up for Bomber fans. Frustrating+ for STHs.

No, I understand completely because the exhilaration that was once part of the game day experience has been drenched by ineptness, and it doesn't seem to end.

Winning will cure that.

Hoping to start....Saturday.

I totally understand, Dee. If I lived in Winnipeg I would be a STH as I was one from 1974-99 before I moved to Calgary. As much as there are you that say we change things too much, we can't hang on to coaches & managers that fail to produce because we like them or that they deserve another chance. Pro sports is a results oriented business. We can't stand pat when things aren't working. The fanbase won't be happy if the only thing done is a change at the OC position.