Fed Up Fan: $5 dollars to get rid of a ticket?

Thanks Dee I don't need hugs but I think the We Like Mike Movement only lives here. Not among fans who are season ticket holders but don't post online or casual fans. When people have to plunk down money on what they see as an inferior & lingeringly bad product they won't do it. Why should they? They want results. If the Bombers lose a STH like JBR who knows the game inside out because he feels it's pointless then they're in big, big, trouble.

In no way am I not empathizing with STHs as they are the best in my mind. Frustrating seems to be a word that was specifically thought up for Bomber fans. Frustrating+ for STHs.

No, I understand completely because the exhilaration that was once part of the game day experience has been drenched by ineptness, and it doesn't seem to end.

Winning will cure that.

Hoping to start....Saturday.

I totally understand, Dee. If I lived in Winnipeg I would be a STH as I was one from 1974-99 before I moved to Calgary. As much as there are you that say we change things too much, we can't hang on to coaches & managers that fail to produce because we like them or that they deserve another chance. Pro sports is a results oriented business. We can't stand pat when things aren't working. The fanbase won't be happy if the only thing done is a change at the OC position.

It is also 2015 it doesn't take and fans do not accept slow rebuilds.

I was a copier rep for many years in both Winnipeg & Calgary. Worked for Minolta & Pitney Bowes. The year was divided into quarters. We had a budget per month & if we didn't meet our targets each quarter we were expected to achieve, we were fired. It was a strictly results oriented business like none I have ever experienced. The sales manager you went out for a beer with on Friday would fire you Monday if you didn't meet your targets. It was nothing personal & I'm sure there were times when a sales manager had to fire someone they truly liked but that was the business. We all knew that as reps & we accepted it. So, surely a coach like MOS knows that as it is the same for him as a CFL coach. Win or be gone. No one said to management let's keep an underachieving copier rep around because he's a nice guy.

I was a copier rep for many years in both Winnipeg & Calgary. Worked for Minolta & Pitney Bowes. The year was divided into quarters. We had a budget per month & if we didn't meet our targets each quarter we were expected to achieve, we were fired. It was a strictly results oriented business like none I have ever experienced. The sales manager you went out for a beer with on Friday would fire you Monday if you didn't meet your targets. It was nothing personal & I'm sure there were times when a sales manager had to fire someone they truly liked but that was the business. We all knew that as reps & we accepted it. So, surely a coach like MOS knows that as it is the same for him as a CFL coach. Win or be gone. No one said to management let's keep an underachieving copier rep around because he's a nice guy.

Yeah, sounds like a recipe for a long-lasting loyal, trustworthy, work force. A place where anybody could be happy.

No real lesson to be learned in that environment. A place I wouldn't WANT to work for.

Success can be achieved in many ways...you still have to have the right people.

Is it weird there is all this talk about $5 and a banner for $5 panty sale for lesenza just blasted the top of this page lmao

Aren't the banner ads based on your browsing history. I've traveled a lot recently, I'm seeing ads for rental cars and hotels. You look at womens underwear, you see $5 panty sale ads

I wonder how many of the people criticizing this guy are season ticket holders.  I can tell you it's been absolute hell being one since the 2012 season, really since the whole move to the new stadium began, and I won't be one for the first time in my adult life next season.  This guy is at least joking, he's already renewed for 2016.  There's a confluence of factors for me, but the Football Club has basically given me no reason to remain a season ticket holder beyond loving the sport of football.  I love the Bombers, but I haven't been in love with them for several years.  Making time to go to the games is a hassle at this point in my life and rarely enjoyable.

I would criticize. I'm not a season ticket holder. I have however had tickets to 4 of the 9 road games for the bombers this season, and just got back this week from 8 days out of town that took me through Vancouver and Ottawa for Bomber games. I'm thinking of making the BC trip for the bomber game a yearly trip.

Is it weird there is all this talk about $5 and a banner for $5 panty sale for lesenza just blasted the top of this page lmao

Aren't the banner ads based on your browsing history. I've traveled a lot recently, I'm seeing ads for rental cars and hotels. You look at womens underwear, you see $5 panty sale ads

Taynted Fayth: is there something you want to tell us?? We won't judge.

Lol I did just explain, scroll up, but have questions cuz 99.9% of the ads have nothing to do with me or my browsing like tripadventure, ford focus,criminal record pardons asian hook up, naughty date..ect and todays first time ive ever seen le senza so more of a curiosity what makes them appear

I heard it's based on the moderators browsing history.

I absolutely hate that this $5 guy got his own thread because it is just feeding what he is seeking, attention.

We are all fed up with losing. Some here do not see a problem with his actions...that the Bombers got what they deserved. Sorry, but when you sign up as a fan of a team in sports, it does not come with a guarantee of winning and coming away with a good feeling. In fact, the more sports I watch, I am convinced sports is 99% heartache and 1% high. But when that 1% comes, and it will, it is the most amazing feeling due to the horrible 99% you have had to endure to get there. Those who flop on their teams will never, ever, feel how satisfying and amazing the big win will be. Not a good idea to bail on your team to try to save face...because it's not cool to like them now.

Lol...he renewed his season tickets. What a hero. For every dollar he spent on seats he did damage with horrible publicity. A person should also think how it will relflect on themselves when starting such a stunt. It really just makes you come across as immature and deprived of attention.

If the Bombers do happen to back into the playoffs i don't think management or coaching staff would be so foolish enough to think that they have a good team.......or would they.

I suggest you look back at the decisions made by this regime over the past two years and it may give you the answer to your question.

I keep saying this & a lot of members take issue with it but if we go 5-13 & miss the playoffs again & there is no HC change how does Miller sell any hope of improvement to Bomber fans & in particular season ticket holders? I don't think you can. If changes aren't made I'm concerned that the ST base will crater. The team will have no credibility. Miller can't just go on saying everything is fine & on track with the management & coaching staff in place. 

He will go on Hustler and Lawless and say things aren't progressing as quickly as they would like but they are moving in the right direction.  Assuming Walters doesn't go to Guelph I would guess they will sell improvement with the new OC...with that comes new schemes and gasp actual offense.  I imagine they will make some big free agency signing or two...Harris?  I'm trying to think of any other big names out there in the FA market for next season.

That 's all I got.  Oh wait.  Royal Blues are back for the entire year in 2016 aren't they?

Yeah, sounds like a recipe for a long-lasting loyal, trustworthy, work force. A place where anybody could be happy.

No real lesson to be learned in that environment. A place I wouldn't WANT to work for.

Success can be achieved in many ways...you still have to have the right people.

Yep. Competitive workplace probably as competitive as the Blue Bombers. If anything it teaches you to be aggressive & you have to work hard to win (keep your job). Sales managers have targets & bonuses they want to achieve so having a guy who can't sell is like having a qb who can't play. He's a liability because he makes no money for his boss. I lasted 10 years in the business when I decided I had enough. 

Thanks Dee I don't need hugs but I think the We Like Mike Movement only lives here. Not among fans who are season ticket holders but don't post online or casual fans. When people have to plunk down money on what they see as an inferior & lingeringly bad product they won't do it. Why should they? They want results. If the Bombers lose a STH like JBR who knows the game inside out because he feels it's pointless then they're in big, big, trouble. 

I find they people here criticizing the fan tend not to live here and probably don't spend one red cent on the Bombers.  Same probably applied to a few others.  Meanwhile this guy has already renewed for next season and probably spends over a grand or two each year.  The $5 is to cover gas to pick up the tickets I would imagine.  The fact no one has taken the guy up on his offer is worrisome.  MIght as well be the canary in the coal mine.

Lol I did just explain, scroll up, but have questions cuz 99.9% of the ads have nothing to do with me or my browsing like tripadventure, ford focus,criminal record pardons asian hook up, naughty date..ect and todays first time ive ever seen le senza so more of a curiosity what makes them appear

I heard it's based on the moderators browsing history.

Download the free version of Adblock Plus and you won't see any ads or banners on any sites, it also cuts out the ads from You Tube videos.

A real fan, like we all are or we wouldn't be here, is in love with their team. It's like a marriage. At first, you're young and hot for each other. In each other's eyes the other can do no wrong. Any sin is forgiven. You're in love with each other and there is nothing you wouldn't do for each other. The love-light burns bright.

The years pass and there are many happy times together, some pure bliss. Both think this will endure forever.

Scroll ahead 10 or fifteen years.

One of the partners started taking the relationship for granted. They no longer put out the effort, passion, or fire. Can't be bothered to bring home the bacon any more. Doesn't buy flowers any more. Can't be bothered to even care any more. Has let him/herself go. Is starting to look really homely and smell bad. Indulges in bad habits. Squanders all that the other partner continues to bring to the relationship.

The other partner still invests financially and emotionally. Still puts out all kinds of fire and passion but gets none in return.

Does the partner that has remained loyal and devoted all these years and continued to invest time, money, and passion into the relationship only to be disappointed time and again have a right to complain? Or is that partner bound by some sacred vow to love and honour their partner even though it is doing an impression of Austin Powers' Fat Bastard?

Sports is a funny thing. Those tickets we all buy... they don't come with a disclaimer saying "only if we win".

I really don't care that this guy did this, kinda funny but stupid at the same time but.... I certainly wouldn't.

I dunno. Some posts talking about us making the playoffs and saying why bother we will lose... might be true but.... like I said... sports is a funny thing. All you gotta do is get in and get on a roll... you never know... deep down inside I know we won't be in the cup final... not convinced we even make the playoffs but... watching sports over the years.... I have learned that sometimes strange **** happens