Fed Up Fan: $5 dollars to get rid of a ticket?

We've only had 5 plus .500 seasons in the last 15 years and 3 of those were in '01, '02, and '03, which leaves 2 winning seasons in the last 10 years.

We've been out of the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years and will probably be out 6 of the last 7 by the end of this season.

Those stats are more important to fans in the stands than the 25 years without a Grey Cup win IMHO.

We've only had 5 plus .500 seasons in the last 15 years and 3 of those were in '01, '02, and '03, which leaves 2 winning seasons in the last 10 years.

We've been out of the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years and will probably be out 6 of the last 7 by the end of this season.

Those stats are more important to fans in the stands than the 25 years without a Grey Cup win IMHO.

We went to the Grey Cup in 2011.

And in a 8 (9) team league .. a league where 75% of the teams make the playoffs .. does it really matter if you have a winning record or not? Is making the playoffs all that big of an accomplishment? If anything, not making the playoffs is a stronger indictment of an organization than lack of a winning record.

As an organization, we've made the playoffs 8 of the last 14 (likely 15) years and only once since 2008. Granted we took that 2011 run all the way to the Cup .. but it's the inconsistency and inability to build and maintain a winning environment that's troubling.

Went through the long drought before drinking in 84.......this current one is even longer.......patience is a virtue, but at this stage, I am no angel, either........

I thought 22 years was bad the first time. Had no idea the Bombers could break that record of futility twice in my lifetime.

I don't buy the "emotionally attached" phrase. I prefer "emotionally invested". Emotionally attached means I can let go of a team as a fan whenever I want or when I get upset. Or just don't care anymore.

I have 50 plus years emotionally invested in the Blue Bombers. I remember games, players, even plays from years ago that I could describe to you all the way back to the 1960's. That means I have loved the team & the players that played in Blue & Gold. If I was just emotionally  attached, I probably could care less if they win or lose & would have stopped being a fan of the Blue Bombers years ago.

I'll tell you what I believe emotionally attached is. Being a Blue Jays fan because they are making a World Series run. Six months ago, most Canadians didn't care about the Blue Jays. People latched on or "attached" to the team because they started winning & it became cool to be a Blue Jays fan. Most probably know very little about the team & would give you a blank stare if you asked them about Joe Carter or Dave Stieb. Truth is, they'll let go from their attachment as early as today if the Royals beat them to take the ALCS. To me, that's what attachment means. Very few fans across Canada are emotionally invested in the Blue Jays.

Fans that are emotionally invested means being able to question their team & the way it is played & coached. There is nothing wrong with that. They may not like what's going on but they stick with their team even if they are angry. In good times  & bad. To be happy, sad or angry. Not just when times are good. 

I'm not emotionally attached to the Blue Bombers. I'm emotionally invested. That's how I see it anyway. 

I have nearly 50 years invested as well. You've made some very good points. We have both seen the Bombers win it all, an honour that not all fans have experienced. It occurs to me that I may never see another championship. Not that they won't win one, but that it may not happen again in my lifetime. That is a hard pill to swallow. It makes me cherish the ones I have witnessed all the more. It also makes me even more angry and frustrated with the ongoing futility of this organization.

Got the same feeling you do. In 1990 when I was 35 I never could have guessed that at age 60 this team wouldn't have won since & are just a shadow of the team it used to be. And we have fans here saying we have to stay the course keeping the same people that are proving that they can't build a winner employed. 

Kind of gave me a chill reading that... we talk about 25 years since a championship and it doesn't feel as long as when you put a real life number on it... you've probably seen your kids grow up and maybe had some grand kids in that time (obviously just guessing since we've never met)... and still not another championship in sight...

I'm 29 now... I was alive for the last 2 Bomber championships, but I obviously don't remember them... I've been going to games and been a die hard fan as long as I can remember... season ticket holder since 2004... The closest thing to a championship team in my lifetime was 2001 and 2007... keep thinking (hoping) it has to get better soon... but who knows anymore...

No, no grandchildren yet but one son married & the other once he graduates from university will probably get engaged. I have only actually watched 3 Grey cup championships in my lifetime,1984, 88 & 90. I was too young to know about 58, 59,61 & 62. At least I've seen those 3. I feel sorry for fans who were either too young to have seen or appreciate the ones in the eighties & 1990. You guys haven't seen a GC championship & that's terrible. It shouldn't be that way. 

Cuz they're in worse shape then us. I still think they only won 07 gc cuz glenn broke his arm, and what was that first one since 89, 4th in 100+ yr history and they also blew a gc with a too many men penalty. Plus mosaics a dump, their fans are torture to be around. We gots problems but I can think of worse things then a gc drought and its being the riders

Cuz they're in worse shape then us. I still think they only won 07 gc cuz glenn broke his arm, and what was that first one since 89, 4th in 100+ yr history and they also blew a gc with a too many men penalty. Plus mosaics a dump, their fans are torture to be around. We gots problems but I can think of worse things then a gc drought and its being the riders

New stadium under construction & I have this feeling they'll rebuild their team faster than us.

New stadium under construction & I have this feeling they'll rebuild their team faster than us.

Go wash your keyboard out with disinfectant soap

Reality is like a slap in the face sometimes. 

Reality is like a slap in the face sometimes. 

And it won;t go away.