Dominque Davis

Oops. Guess I'm the little guy poking the sleeping bear here. Davis might be an all star. Why cut any player we bring in from training camp thru the entire season as we're just giving up on them too early. Yeah, I'm wrong & you're right. So sorry.

I don't really understand the point of what you're saying here. You're talking about our 4th string QB being a non-factor as if that's a bad thing and the only thing anyone said in response was that it's kind of early to say get rid of the guy when you don't even have a body of work to point to in argument.

If you really want to be argumentative, let's point to the fact that the ONLY body of work the guy has for us as fans to measure him by is a 9/10, 75 yard, 1 TD performance in the preseason. Would you cut him based off that? Or simply because he hasn't fulfilled your hopes of a meteoric rise up the depth chart? Of course, then in a fashion that has become so typical of you that you may want to look into trademarking the term "Isoed", you treat any statement that falls contrary to what you said as a personal beef. As far as what I saw? I saw someone say, in simpler terms, "maybe we shouldn't assume he's worth cutting, we don't really have much to go off"

tl;dr? What TrueBlue said. "Classic."

Oops. Guess I'm the little guy poking the sleeping bear here. Davis might be an all star. Why cut any player we bring in from training camp thru the entire season as we're just giving up on them too early. Yeah, I'm wrong & you're right. So sorry.

Google Trevor Harris and check how many years he's with the Argos before he became a starter for them this year. And if not for Ray injury he's probably still the #2.

I don't really understand the point of what you're saying here. You're talking about our 4th string QB being a non-factor as if that's a bad thing and the only thing anyone said in response was that it's kind of early to say get rid of the guy when you don't even have a body of work to point to in argument.

If you really want to be argumentative, let's point to the fact that the ONLY body of work the guy has for us as fans to measure him by is a 9/10, 75 yard, 1 TD performance in the preseason. Would you cut him based off that? Or simply because he hasn't fulfilled your hopes of a meteoric rise up the depth chart? Of course, then in a fashion that has become so typical of you that you may want to look into trademarking the term "Isoed", you treat any statement that falls contrary to what you said as a personal beef. As far as what I saw? I saw someone say, in simpler terms, "maybe we shouldn't assume he's worth cutting, we don't really have much to go off"

tl;dr? What TrueBlue said. "Classic."

Yeah, actually I would cut him. He's couldn't even begin to work his way to being close onto the field all season long. There are other qbs out there that are better. We need to keep looking. 

Google Trevor Harris and check how many years he's with the Argos before he became a starter for them this year. And if not for Ray injury he's probably still the #2.

So, you keep a guy around based on Trevor Harris? I'd also say Scott Milanovich's system is a lot better than ours seeing he won a couple of GC's & MB has won how many? And I'd also say he is a better qb coach than the guy we have here now.

So, you keep a guy around based on Trevor Harris? I'd also say Scott Milanovich's system is a lot better than ours seeing he won a couple of GC's & MB has won how many? And I'd also say he is a better qb coach than the guy we have here now.

You keep a guy around because you shouldn't expect a 4th stringer to be anything but a project for at least the first year.

And Trevor Harris is one example of ... dozens.

Travis Lulay was another guy that was a 4th stringer in his first year and didn't rise up the depth chart until the following year. Hell, Bo Levi was another example. As was Collaros. There are tons. Impatience like what you're displaying is not the recipe for success.

Also ... what does the system have to do with anything?

You know, the angst made by a simple one line comment. I think we can do better. Who is to say I'm right or you're wrong? Or vice versa? Ultimately, the coaches will decide.

Nobody is saying anyone is right or wrong. I'm just unsure how you even formed your opinion in the first place because there's literally nothing for us to use as evidence.

You know, the angst made by a simple one line comment. I think we can do better. Who is to say I'm right or you're wrong? Or vice versa? Ultimately, the coaches will decide.

Nobody is saying anyone is right or wrong. I'm just unsure how you even formed your opinion in the first place because there's literally nothing for us to use as evidence.

Watching the CFL for 50 years. Seeing thousands of players come & go.  A hunch perhaps? An opinion, certainly. 

Watching the CFL for 50 years. Seeing thousands of players come & go.  A hunch perhaps? An opinion, certainly. 

But what does that have to do with Davis if you've never seen him play?

That's the point. He hasn't played. He was cut from the Stamps. He hasn't progressed as a Bomber. When Brohm & Marve were pooping all over the field he wasn't even a consideration to get on the field as our qb. How much worse would he have been yet MOS wouldn't play him? If he couldn't beat out Brian Moniz as the third qb for Calgary then right from the start I'm not impressed as Moniz is just another Justin Goltz clone. Moniz is a very good short yardage qb who can run but he can't throw with any kind of accuracy & hit  a receiver if he was 5 yards in front of him. Like I say just MY opinion that we can find someone better. Players get cut everyday. They move on. Teams move on. It's the life of a pro athlete. 

You're still not answering the question.

Better than what?

Give me a break. There are better qbs out there that haven't been signed. Free agents. It's called RECRUITING, Mike. 

I've heard of recruiting once or twice. I'll try explaining once more. How can you, as a fan, say Davis is worth cutting when you're basically going off absolutely nothing? You say there are better quarterbacks out there. Obviously. But if that's your argument, we may as well just cut everyone because we're not rostering the best anything in the whole world right now.

I'm asking you - how can you justifiable say with any confidence that he should (or should not) be cut when you're giving a blind opinion on the topic? We haven't seen him do anything, good or bad.

Better than what?

Give me a break. There are better qbs out there that haven't been signed. Free agents. It's called RECRUITING, Mike. 

I've heard of recruiting once or twice. I'll try explaining once more. How can you, as a fan, say Davis is worth cutting when you're basically going off absolutely nothing? You say there are better quarterbacks out there. Obviously. But if that's your argument, we may as well just cut everyone because we're not rostering the best anything in the whole world right now.

I'm asking you - how can you justifiable say with any confidence that he should (or should not) be cut when you're giving a blind opinion on the topic? We haven't seen him do anything, good or bad.

Mike, this is a merry go round with you. Round & round. As usual when you start up with me it always ends this way. You're actually arguing with me over the merits of keeping a fourth string qb?? What I said was my opinion. If I could see this discussion actually going somewhere I'd be more interested in carrying on. I'm done talking to you. Buh bye.

I get what you're saying Iso. And I think we would have seen Davis had Nichols not been traded for. I know, if Davis was good maybe we wouldn't have had to trade for Nichols. But we gave up nothing to get him and it's better to have experience then none. So I don't think it's a case of him not being good enough to move up the chart. I think it's a matter of experience right now. He doesn't have any. And unfortunately even brohm has shown more then him. So he sits where he sits. Next TC will be the real test for him.

Better than what?

I've heard of recruiting once or twice. I'll try explaining once more. How can you, as a fan, say Davis is worth cutting when you're basically going off absolutely nothing? You say there are better quarterbacks out there. Obviously. But if that's your argument, we may as well just cut everyone because we're not rostering the best anything in the whole world right now.

Mike, this is a merry go round with you. Round & round. As usual when you start up with me it always ends this way. You're actually arguing with me over the merits of keeping a fourth string qb?? What I said was my opinion. If I could see this discussion actually going somewhere I'd be more interested in carrying on. I'm done talking to you. Buh bye.

It's funny because everyone can see I've actually been trying to get your take on something for like the last 8 posts and you just keep dodging it. You can blame me for a merry-go-round if you want but I'm not the one refusing to answer a simple question.

Let's not overreact. Backup quarterback is a difficult position to evaluate since you don't really slot one in for occasional plays like you could for almost every position. And I can't imagine he was brought in as an immediate solution. More like a project.

My point is that there are young qbs available every off season. We can't keep every player we sign as projects because we're giving up too early on them.

But we just can't seem to find them.

So if you are  of the opinion that ultimately the coaches will decide, what are you worried about.  If they thought he was not going to work out, don't you think they'd have done something about it by now?  Much ado about nothing, me thinks.

Better than what?

I've heard of recruiting once or twice. I'll try explaining once more. How can you, as a fan, say Davis is worth cutting when you're basically going off absolutely nothing? You say there are better quarterbacks out there. Obviously. But if that's your argument, we may as well just cut everyone because we're not rostering the best anything in the whole world right now.

It's funny because everyone can see I've actually been trying to get your take on something for like the last 8 posts and you just keep dodging it. You can blame me for a merry-go-round if you want but I'm not the one refusing to answer a simple question.

Iso's gonna Iso

Better than what?

Iso's gonna Iso
A different opinion doesn't mean he's wrong. A few posters ganging up on a member doesn't mean that member is wrong either.

Better than what?

Iso's gonna Iso
A different opinion doesn't mean he's wrong. A few posters ganging up on a member doesn't mean that member is wrong either.

It's not about a different opinion, it's about refusing to back up his opinion and opting instead to try and pretend like people are attacking him for having an opinion as opposed for asking for that opinion to be clarified and expanded upon. I swear there is a real lack of understanding the difference here.