Dominque Davis

You know, the angst made by a simple one line comment. I think we can do better. Who is to say I'm right or you're wrong? Or vice versa? Ultimately, the coaches will decide.

Nobody is saying anyone is right or wrong. I'm just unsure how you even formed your opinion in the first place because there's literally nothing for us to use as evidence.

Watching the CFL for 50 years. Seeing thousands of players come & go.  A hunch perhaps? An opinion, certainly.

I see four reasons in that one post alone, what more do you expect?

Really if none of these guys can't supplant Brohm what hope do they have?Unless (shock)it's all because of that wacky OC we have?

It's not about supplanting Brohm at this point. It wouldn't happen. We may not like it, but Brohm is the only one with game experience behind Nichols.

Now, if Brohm is still here at the end of the year, then we can start the questioning some "sanities."

Brohm may have "some" CFL experience but he has performed worse than most of the CFL rookies who have been rushed into starting this year, so I do not see any reason he would be put on the field ahead of anyone else on our roster.

'Rushed into starting' says it all. At least they got starter reps. Starter reps are important, more important for some than others. One of Brohm's failings is coming into the game cold. It seems he just can't do it, and therefore he is becomes expendable next year.

Can Dominic come in cold as a backup? Maybe, we'll find out if we get eliminated, but not before.

Brohm may have "some" CFL experience but he has performed worse than most of the CFL rookies who have been rushed into starting this year, so I do not see any reason he would be put on the field ahead of anyone else on our roster.

'Rushed into starting' says it all. At least they got starter reps. Starter reps are important, more important for some than others. One of Brohm's failings is coming into the game cold. It seems he just can't do it, and therefore he is becomes expendable next year.

Can Dominic come in cold as a backup? Maybe, we'll find out if we get eliminated, but not before.

Given O'Shea's tunnel vision, I wouldn't bet on any changes at QB, no matter what.

Given O'Shea's tunnel vision, I wouldn't bet on any changes at QB, no matter what.

I'm not in agreement with the phrase tunnel vision, especially if I'm not familiar with all the details, but I do get where you're coming from.

I get what you're saying Iso. And I think we would have seen Davis had Nichols not been traded for. I know, if Davis was good maybe we wouldn't have had to trade for Nichols. But we gave up nothing to get him and it's better to have experience then none. So I don't think it's a case of him not being good enough to move up the chart. I think it's a matter of experience right now. He doesn't have any. And unfortunately even brohm has shown more then him. So he sits where he sits. Next TC will be the real test for him.

If Davis is invited back for training camp. Lots can happen in the off season. 

You're still not answering the question.

Better than what?

Give me a break. There are better qbs out there that haven't been signed. Free agents. It's called RECRUITING, Mike.
I've heard of recruiting once or twice. I'll try explaining once more. How can you, as a fan, say Davis is worth cutting when you're basically going off absolutely nothing? You say there are better quarterbacks out there. Obviously. But if that's your argument, we may as well just cut everyone because we're not rostering the best anything in the whole world right now.

I'm asking you - how can you justifiable say with any confidence that he should (or should not) be cut when you're giving a blind opinion on the topic? We haven't seen him do anything, good or bad.

Mike, this is a merry go round with you. Round & round. As usual when you start up with me it always ends this way. You're actually arguing with me over the merits of keeping a fourth string qb?? What I said was my opinion. If I could see this discussion actually going somewhere I'd be more interested in carrying on. I'm done talking to you. Buh bye.
It's funny because everyone can see I've actually been trying to get your take on something for like the last 8 posts and you just keep dodging it. You can blame me for a merry-go-round if you want but I'm not the one refusing to answer a simple question.
Iso's gonna Iso
A different opinion doesn't mean he's wrong. A few posters ganging up on a member doesn't mean that member is wrong either.

It's not about a different opinion, it's about refusing to back up his opinion and opting instead to try and pretend like people are attacking him for having an opinion as opposed for asking for that opinion to be clarified and expanded upon. I swear there is a real lack of understanding the difference here. 

Yes, I'm guilty as charged for the crime of having an opinion. For that I am being sentenced to death by hanging. There's the gallows. Throw the lever & drop the floor. Let me hang until dead. Yea, though I walk through the Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I fear no evil. Thy rod & thy staff, they comfort me. I'm entitled to one last dinner of choice, prime rib on the barbecue. Also a cigarette & whiskey on the rocks before my execution. I also have but one last simple request... I have a letter in my back pocket for my family. Please make sure they get it & tell them... I loved them..

Better than what?

Give me a break. There are better qbs out there that haven't been signed. Free agents. It's called RECRUITING, Mike.
I've heard of recruiting once or twice. I'll try explaining once more. How can you, as a fan, say Davis is worth cutting when you're basically going off absolutely nothing? You say there are better quarterbacks out there. Obviously. But if that's your argument, we may as well just cut everyone because we're not rostering the best anything in the whole world right now.

I'm asking you - how can you justifiable say with any confidence that he should (or should not) be cut when you're giving a blind opinion on the topic? We haven't seen him do anything, good or bad.

Mike, this is a merry go round with you. Round & round. As usual when you start up with me it always ends this way. You're actually arguing with me over the merits of keeping a fourth string qb?? What I said was my opinion. If I could see this discussion actually going somewhere I'd be more interested in carrying on. I'm done talking to you. Buh bye.
It's funny because everyone can see I've actually been trying to get your take on something for like the last 8 posts and you just keep dodging it. You can blame me for a merry-go-round if you want but I'm not the one refusing to answer a simple question.
Iso's gonna Iso
A different opinion doesn't mean he's wrong. A few posters ganging up on a member doesn't mean that member is wrong either.

It's not about a different opinion, it's about refusing to back up his opinion and opting instead to try and pretend like people are attacking him for having an opinion as opposed for asking for that opinion to be clarified and expanded upon. I swear there is a real lack of understanding the difference here. 

Yes, I'm guilty as charged for the crime of having an opinion. For that I am being sentenced to death by hanging. There's the gallows. Throw the lever & drop the floor. Let me hang until dead. Yea, though I walk through the Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I fear no evil. Thy rod & thy staff, they comfort me. I'm entitled to one last dinner of choice, prime rib on the barbecue. Also a cigarette & whiskey on the rocks before my execution. I also have but one last simple request... I have a letter in my back pocket for my family. Please make sure they get it & tell them... I loved them..

632.gif

Better than what?

Iso's gonna Iso

Wow.  That's a powerful story, you need to write it down somewhere and publicate it.

Wow.  That's a powerful story, you need to write it down somewhere and publicate it.

Somewhere far far away, preferably. 

Better than what?

Iso's gonna Iso

Yes, I'm guilty as charged for the crime of having an opinion. For that I am being sentenced to death by hanging. There's the gallows. Throw the lever & drop the floor. Let me hang until dead. Yea, though I walk through the Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I fear no evil. Thy rod & thy staff, they comfort me. I'm entitled to one last dinner of choice, prime rib on the barbecue. Also a cigarette & whiskey on the rocks before my execution. I also have but one last simple request... I have a letter in my back pocket for my family. Please make sure they get it & tell them... I loved them..
But wait the rope broke (it was frayed ) and now he plots his revenge........

You are such a ******* drama queen sometimes