Around the NHL

Wheeler. Stafford. Ehlers all play the right side. We don't need Simmonds, it's pointless anyway, Philly won't trade him. 

Confused...Ehlers shoots left.

Ehlers was drafted as a Left Wing that could play either side.  He's been playing RW for us.  Petan was similar in that he could play any forward position (if I recall). 

Jagr:

Fans-I appreciate your votes for All-Star game, but 3 on 3 would kill me,and i don't want to die yet:)Thank you for understanding. Too old:)

Selanne: @68Jagr I vote you bud! You are not that old yet! And you are SO much smarter than this days kids anyway!!! Keep it rolling my friend!

Missed this tidbit:

Scott Campbell @NHL_Campbell

I missed fans reactions to @FriedgeHNIC saying Trouba's camp and #NHLJets have amicably decided to no contract talks till summer. Awesome.

This isn't surprising.  Unless the Jets are ready to pay the moon, both sides would want to see how he progresses this season before hammering out a contract.

Missed this tidbit:

Scott Campbell @NHL_Campbell

I missed fans reactions to @FriedgeHNIC saying Trouba's camp and #NHLJets have amicably decided to no contract talks till summer. Awesome.

This isn't surprising.  Unless the Jets are ready to pay the moon, both sides would want to see how he progresses this season before hammering out a contract.

I understand why it might make some people nervous, what with Ladd & Buff.  But he's an RFA going into his second contract.  I have little doubt they will make a good deal that both sides will be happy with.  Given his play this season, it probably benefits Trouba to wait.

And for the Jets who are one of the top teams as far as percentage of cap allocated to defense, they dont know (or maybe they do know) how that might change depending on Buff.

I'd be a happy camper if by July 1st, we had Trouba under a long term contract, Hamonic as a Jet and Myers.

I think Scheifele gets the long term deal and Trouba gets a bridge deal, unless they could get Trouba to sign long term around $4 -5M AAV  (which I don't think his agent would do).  But we really don't know what Trouba is going to grow into, so a long term contract could be a risk for both sides. (overpaying for the Jets, not maximizing payout for Trouba)

Unless of course they end up losing both Ladd and Buff, then that opens up space going forward to sign them both to longer term higher contracts, and some stability going forward.

Chevy will have a better idea of next year's cap after the board of Governor's meeting this week.

I am thinking it might be part of the reason why no Jets' UFAs have been re-signed as well.

Trouba's deal will not be an easy one to do and will be drawn out too.

I'd be much happier (on the D) with a 1LHD. I'd really like to see Hamonic in a Jets' uni because I think the Jets need a D like him but at what cost? Not Trouba. I'd trade Myers but then is Trouba going to have enough O to replace Myers? Buff still going to be on the team? Trouba's average TOI this year is about 20 minutes or so and I would like to see it much closer to 25. I honestly think Chevy is thinking of Trouba and Myers as our RHD and is going to move Buff. so, do we dress Hamonic, Trouba and Myers as RHD? If I had to pick, I would have Trouba and Hamonic as the top 2 RHD and trade Myers and Buff. Get a 1LHD or at worst a 2LHD that can generate some serious O.

Myers in a deal for Hamonic and Buff and Ladd and some prospects or picks or players for a top 6 winger and a 1LHD or 2LHD would make this a deeper, better team. Hopefully Morrissey is able to replace Enstrom in a couple years. Give trouba the PP time and Hamonic the shutdown minutes. Play them 25 minutes each with Enstrom and another LHD. Wheeler Scheifele Stafford Perrault Little and the top 6 winger would make a good top 2 lines. You'd have the rest of the team to fill out the bottom two lines. Isn't it time Peluso sat? I mean, really? Send Armia back to the Moose if he isn't going to play. Lord knows they need him.

The speculation is Trouba's agent sees him as a max year, top dollar player.  So a bridge deal is definitely likely, one that expires with him still an RFA so the Jets have some leverage.

If one of Trouba or Myers sticks on the left side permanently, it improves things greatly.

Trouba-Myers

Chairot-Buff

Enstrom-??? (Hamonic??)