Around the NHL

Missed this tidbit:

Scott Campbell @NHL_Campbell

My guess is Enstrom will be traded, he's the highest paid Jet and he just can't be making that kind of money.

Unless the Jets are paying for half his salary he's not being traded. He's got 1 more year left on his MOS salary.

He was second to Stafford in goals for the Jets upon being traded here was he not? Chevy x'd the pooch on Stempy. Stempy > Copp this year.

He's signed to two more years after this one.

http://toomanymenonthesite.com/2015/12/04/winnipeg-jets-trade-rumors-ondrej-pavelec-dustin-byfuglien/2/

Man, I thought I had some far-fetched trades, this gus has a couple of them...

Winnipeg Trades Dustin Byfuglien to Edmonton for Nikita Nikitin, Jordan Eberle, prospect and/or draft pick

Sign me up for this one.

If replacing his 2 points over the last 10 games is a problem, then the Jets are in trouble.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Ehlers but he's being out produced by Thorburn right now.  We're only talking a couple weeks (he'd miss 6-8 games) so I'd put Armia in for him.

Injuries happen.  I'd feel no different if he got injured in practice, an NHL game or at the WJC.  You can't plan for something like that.  Besides, I'd say, given his size, an injury is more likely to occur playing against grown men in the NHL than against a bunch of teenagers.

I think playing in the tournament could have a beneficial impact on him.  He'd be a top level talent playing top line minutes.  He'd be a "leader" on his team.  Could come back with extra confidence.  Not to mention the experience of playing in a meaningful tournament with all the pressure that goes with it.

Let him play.

Playing with juniors will not help him play against men....leave him on the big team...give him some 1st or 2nd line time with some defensively sound players.   Lineup I'd like to see for the CBJ game...no Peluso but big line changes.

Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler 19 minutes (speed kills)
Ladd Little Armia 17 minutes
Perrault Burmi Staf 14 minutes
Lowry Copp Thorbs 10 minutes

Trouba Buff 25 minutes
Enstrom Myers 25 minutes
Chiarot Stuart/Postma 10 minutes

Helle Hutch

Wow. That's awful. Very good player

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Penguins have announced that Pascal Dupuis will not play hockey again because of a medical condition related to blood clots.

Dupuis was diagnosed with a blood clot in his lung in January 2014 and returned to the NHL this season.

The 36-year-old played 18 games while taking blood thinners but experienced what the team called "several medical incidents" that required testing.

Dupuis will be placed on injured reserve and continue to receive his salary through the end of his contract, which goes through next season.

Paul Friesen         @friesensunmedia

#NHLJets rookie Ehlers on last year's WJHC: "I love playing for my country. It was amazing."

I asked #NHLJets rookie N Ehlers if the Jets left the WJHC up to him, what would he do: "I don't think they're going to do that."

Ehlers on if his confidence could use the boost of the WJHC. "You know what, I don't think I need that." #NHLJets.