Around the NHL

My guess is Enstrom will be traded, he's the highest paid Jet and he just can't be making that kind of money. 

Enstrom will be moved this season or during the off-season, Buff will most likely be traded... Hamonic? I'm not sure a deal is there unless a 3rd team is involved, some talk LA has interest in Buff, perhaps they trade us a Muzzin type and then we move him to NYI for Hamonic but that's really the only way i see Hamonic ending up a JET... if a 3rd team is involved.

Jets aren't gonna trade Trouba, doubt they will trade Myers, and Buff is probably as good as gone... You can't tie up half your capspace in D men, that's crazy talk really

Scheif will get the long term deal, Trouba will get a bridge deal, Lowry? They will have a decision to make on him, Personally, I think he's probably a very good 4th liner but I'm not sure due to his lack of scoring ability if he's anything more than that. 

People are fooled by Stempniak because he is playing first line minutes and power play minutes on NJ. He wouldn't be doing that here. 

No one's fooled at all... Semin is awful.

That being said, I would have been totally fine with Stempniak on the third line with Burmi/Ehlers instead of Thorburn.

People are fooled by Stempniak because he is playing first line minutes and power play minutes on NJ. He wouldn't be doing that here. 

No one's fooled at all... Semin is awful.

That being said, I would have been totally fine with Stempniak on the third line with Burmi/Ehlers instead of Thorburn.

I think Maurice and company have a lot more love for Thorburn then some on this cite.

Not the most athletic guy out there but I don't mind Thorburn, plays his role fairly well and chips in offensively now and then.

Needs to clean up the dumb penalties but can say that for a few others as well. 

Thing is... Thorburn isn't a top 9 player... He just isn't... He'd be a good 4th liner but... the fact that he's playing on the third line tells me we have no depth what so ever or the depth that we do have, Maurice won't play them. 

Thorburn is not good, he's a 4th liner at best... actually he might even be the 13th forward on most times... I don't mind him, nice guy, tries hard but... he shouldn't be playing in the top 9... he's dragging burmi and ehlers down  with him right now. You got 2 skill guys playing with a plug... it just doesn't work. 

Thorburn is a great utility player.  And valuable for that reason.  When he played top six last year for Kane, he might not have made the line better, but his hustle and tenacity and effort didnt drag it down either.  And thats what I see with him on the third line.  He gives 100% effort.  He's not a bad skater. 

In a perfect world, he's on the 4th line and Im fine with that.  He's probably been good for Burmi and Ehlers as they got used to each other because he's a smart player who doesnt cheat and kept opposing players honest.  But as far as the 3rd line adding offense, he isnt good enough.  Would like to see Lowry get back to that line.

I'd sign Scheif to 8 years if he agreed. Would 40m get it done?

Thorbs should be a 12th or 13th winger....Peluso should be brought in for about 12-15 games a season max...lack of depth is obvious this season.

Ya, I think they are hoping for Myers to replace Buff's points and Trouba to step up next year. As much as I won't like to see it, I think Buff is gone.

If we trade Enstrom, what is our LHD looking like?

Morrissey, Chiarot, Pardy, Stuart and Harrison? ouch...

We need a 1LHD or 2LHD badly.

If we pried Muzzin out of LA for something/someone, I would play him.

Lowry is the only Jet with NO goals all year... He would not help that line at all. Lowry is what you call, a guy who got hyped by Maurice so much that he believed it, it went to his head, he thinks he is better than he is. The guy has ZERO goals.. the only Jet who has ZERO goals. 

I'll go this far even... I think Lowry would benefit greatly from being sent down to play with the Moose. 

He just doesn't look the same this year at all, something is wrong there. 

Lowry is the only Jet with NO goals all year... He would not help that line at all. Lowry is what you call, a guy who got hyped by Maurice so much that he believed it, it went to his head, he thinks he is better than he is. The guy has ZERO goals.. the only Jet who has ZERO goals. 

Well he is playing on the 4th line now.  He still has upside.  And I think he could do well on the wing with Ehlers and Burmi.  Burmi has been much improved since going to 3C.  Basically took Lowry's job.

Well he is playing on the 4th line now.  He still has upside.  And I think he could do well on the wing with Ehlers and Burmi.  Burmi has been much improved since going to 3C.  Basically took Lowry's job.

Yeah but how much upside? He can't score. He has hands of stone... he's had chance after chance but can't buy a goal... I think last year was somewhat of a fluke for him, he played with Frolik a bit... Frolik made Lowry seem better than he is. Frolik not here anymore so Lowry don't look as good. 

Any team in the league would take Thorburn on their 4th line. He's massive and a good skater. I'm not sure I'm a fan of him getting 3rd line minutes, but I do like his game.

He is also a good guy to have in the room as his teammates really like him, as funny as it sound he is an asset for this team. If the Jets had more depth he would be a fourth liner as he is everything you want in a fourth line player

Missed this tidbit:

Scott Campbell @NHL_Campbell

I missed fans reactions to @FriedgeHNIC saying Trouba's camp and #NHLJets have amicably decided to no contract talks till summer. Awesome.

This is better for Trouba, the way he was playing the first 20 games Chevy was trying to sign him to 'bad play' money.

My guess is Enstrom will be traded, he's the highest paid Jet and he just can't be making that kind of money.

Unless the Jets are paying for half his salary he's not being traded. He's got 1 more year left on his MOS salary.

Stempniak is an upgrade over Semin...

He was second to Stafford in goals for the Jets upon being traded here was he not? Chevy x'd the pooch on Stempy. Stempy > Copp this year.

If we trade Enstrom, what is our LHD looking like?

Taller.

Stempniak is a winger.. he never played center for the Jets, he was a winger....

Of course Stempniak is better than Copp, Copp is a rookie, but a rookie who is actually playing pretty well, do people expect Copp to put up tons of points playing with Peluso and Lowry now? Seriously... His job is to play good defensively, he has been, his job is to win face offs, he has been. Copp has been good.

Why compare Stempniak getting first line minutes with NJ to a 4th line center who is actually doing his job night in and night out. 

Stempniak signed a PTO with NJ also.. he wasn't exactly in high demand... pretty much NJ was the only team that wanted him... Funny how it was NJ when his wife and kids live in the New York area...

The guy wasn't going to sign here to play 3rd or 4th line minutes and he's not a top 6 player on the JETS.... he just isn't... He probably wanted more than a 1 year deal too and no way i'd give him that... and seeing as tho he signed a PTO with NJ, every GM in the league wouldn't give him more than a 1 year deal either, hell, 29 teams wouldn't even give him that, NJ didn't even give him that. 

Thing is... Thorburn isn't a top 9 player... He just isn't... He'd be a good 4th liner but... the fact that he's playing on the third line tells me we have no depth what so ever or the depth that we do have, Maurice won't play them. 

Thorburn is not good, he's a 4th liner at best... actually he might even be the 13th forward on most times... I don't mind him, nice guy, tries hard but... he shouldn't be playing in the top 9... he's dragging burmi and ehlers down  with him right now. You got 2 skill guys playing with a plug... it just doesn't work. 

One can't pin Ehlers play of late on Thorburn. That's on Ehlers. Thorburn has nothing to do with Ehlers making bad decisions. He seems to be lacking confidence lately.