Religion (etc)

Jacquie

Lawless says Henoc is visiting the Lions today.

If he is a Christian, I would be worried.
Why?

You've never heard the claims about Christians being thrown to the lions in ancient Roman times (it never actually happened but lots of people think it did). 

And Henoc is a devout Christian.

Why?

You've never heard the claims about Christians being thrown to the lions in ancient Roman times (it never actually happened but lots of people think it did). 

Christians were, in fact fed to the lions at the colloseum in Rome, along with other captives from foreign lands, criminals and rebels. Animals were also pitted against each other as well, and gladiators fought each other, too.

But the  "Christians" got their revenge. When Constantine converted to Christianity (sort of), and made it the official religion of the Roman empire, the newly minted Christians cheerfully began to toss pagans into the arena. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Why?

Why?

That's ridiculous, it says so right in the Bible.  It happened right after Charlton Heston wins the chariot race....sheesh.

Christians were, in fact fed to the lions at the colloseum in Rome, along with other captives from foreign lands, criminals and rebels. Animals were also pitted against each other as well, and gladiators fought each other, too.

But the "Christians" got their revenge. When Constantine converted to Christianity (sort of), and made it the official religion of the Roman empire, the newly minted Christians cheerfully began to toss pagans into the arena. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

I commend you on your memory tracker.

Different kind of forum, I know, but that's a lot to recall.

Why?

But the "Christians" got their revenge. When Constantine converted to Christianity (sort of), and made it the official religion of the Roman empire, the newly minted Christians cheerfully began to toss pagans into the arena. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

From what I've read, there are no genuine records indicating Christians were thrown to the lions in the Colosseum.

Why?

Actually the Roman senator and historian Tactitus wrote about Christians being wrapped in animals skins and being fed to wild beasts. Also the Jewish historian Josephus reported that Nero led brutal persecutions against Christians, falsely accusing them of starting fires in Rome. Feeding people to the lions became a spectator sport in Roman culture around 80 A.D.

Why?

But the  "Christians" got their revenge. When Constantine converted to Christianity (sort of), and made it the official religion of the Roman empire, the newly minted Christians cheerfully began to toss pagans into the arena. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

How true that is. Nowdays the faux-christians are now dressed in green are are fed to travelling gladiators who maul them to a point where they curse their gods and destroy their contracts. They even spend days scribing on their slate but unfortunately their lamentations go unanswered. 

Why?

From what I've read, there are no genuine records indicating Christians were thrown to the lions in the Colosseum.

Why would they build the Colosseum then? For U-II and UB-XV concerts?