Nichols is the man.

Fatty Liver

Bombers would be smart to have real competition for the starting QB role in 2016.

Not sure if that would be Nichols.

But if he plays well for the remainder - why shouldn't he get a shot to knock Drew Willy off his anointed perch?

I agree.

The only problem is that if QB X wins the job, Bombers have a very expensive back-up or #2 in Drew Willy.

And I'm not sure they'd want to set themselves up for that.

Anyhow, that's for the future. Let's go beat the Als next.

How many carries did Messam have against us on Saturday? Was it 9 carries? The Riders have a beast at tailback playing well & a struggling rookie qb yet they throw 90% of the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for their play selection as it played right into our defense's hands but you have to ask the question, "Why do the Riders continue to do what they do offensively refusing to run the football with Messam?" Maybe MB isn't the only OC with questionable play selections. Rider fans must be going nuts trying to figure things out. Messam should be carrying that football 20 times a game minimum to open up the passing game to take the pressure off Smith.

This c surprises you how? Chapdelaine has a history of going away from the run especially with guys like Harris and Messam

Remember, Nichols has been in the league for more than a few years now. So that being the case, how likely is it that he goes from a guy who ended up 3rd on the Eskimo's depth chart and expendable to a legitimate starter inside 1 year. The short answer is: he doesn't

Almost like a guy named Crompton who was 4th on the depth chart and went on to become a 7-1 starter for another team..... what team did he play for before he joined the Als??

Coincidentally because the Esks made a mistake thinking that Nichols was better than Crompton.
Nichols is better than Crompton.
Not a chance.

Definitely. I don't know what you see in Crompton. IMO last season will end up being his greatest accomplishment as a pro. He'll be out of the league by 2017.

Every team in the league except Toronto and Calgary would be better with him as their number two QB.

Absolutely false. You are wildly overrating Crompton. I'd take him over DeMarco in Ottawa but that's about it. I'd take the chance on an unproven guy like Jeff Matthews in Hamilton before I would go with a mediocre QB like Crompton. He has no future in the CFL. I'm hoping he gets the start this week so we can see exactly what Nichols vs Crompton looks like.

Lol what did you think?

Remember, Nichols has been in the league for more than a few years now. So that being the case, how likely is it that he goes from a guy who ended up 3rd on the Eskimo's depth chart and expendable to a legitimate starter inside 1 year. The short answer is: he doesn't

Almost like a guy named Crompton who was 4th on the depth chart and went on to become a 7-1 starter for another team..... what team did he play for before he joined the Als??

Coincidentally because the Esks made a mistake thinking that Nichols was better than Crompton.
Not a chance.

Definitely. I don't know what you see in Crompton. IMO last season will end up being his greatest accomplishment as a pro. He'll be out of the league by 2017.

Every team in the league except Toronto and Calgary would be better with him as their number two QB.

Absolutely false. You are wildly overrating Crompton. I'd take him over DeMarco in Ottawa but that's about it. I'd take the chance on an unproven guy like Jeff Matthews in Hamilton before I would go with a mediocre QB like Crompton. He has no future in the CFL. I'm hoping he gets the start this week so we can see exactly what Nichols vs Crompton looks like.

Lol what did you think?

Crompton wasn't very good actually.. he was very very average, threw for less than 200 yards. He wasn't good. Not the best time to make that comparison. Crompton didn't win the game for the Als and rarely to never does. 

Not a chance.

Lol what did you think?

Crompton wasn't very good actually.. he was very very average, threw for less than 200 yards. He wasn't good. Not the best time to make that comparison. Crompton didn't win the game for the Als and rarely to never does. 

Yet he was still miles better than Nichols. Nice try though.

Nichols looked just like the Nichols who lost his job in Edmonton...

I'm not saying anything again, no one seems to listen. I've watched Nichols here for 6 years - I know exactly who he is and what he brings to the table. There's a reason why he's no longer here (in Edmonton) anymore. He's not a bad guy though, like I said before, he's miles ahead of any QB the bombers can recruit for the past 2 decades. That's why the Bombers continue to be the joke of the league

Crompton is an average QB with an OC that called a simple game to help his QB win.

Nichols is an average QB with an OC who forces all his QBs into being a pocket passer.

Broken record alert:  Bellefuile just falls into this 'defensive' mode of playcalling, always has...  his plays develop slow because (imo) he creates option plays that really try to deal with every conceivable defence... tries to cover too many possibilities.

When he opens up, he's a good OC... but with an average or young QB, the 'safest' options always end up as hitch, hook or draw

YAC is critical for this team - looks like everyone is just sick of getting ****-canned for a few extra yards.

Crompton is an average QB with an OC that called a simple game to help his QB win.

Nichols is an average QB with an OC who forces all his QBs into being a pocket passer.

Broken record alert: Bellefuile just falls into this 'defensive' mode of playcalling, always has... his plays develop slow because (imo) he creates option plays that really try to deal with every conceivable defence... tries to cover too many possibilities.

When he opens up, he's a good OC... but with an average or young QB, the 'safest' options always end up as hitch, hook or draw

YAC is critical for this team - looks like everyone is just sick of getting ****-canned for a few extra yards.

Nichols may be the better QB but Crompton has a better O-line and SJ Green. Also a special teams to spot him points so he can play a much more balanced game

nichols is a backup QB. Why does anyone expect him to be some great prospect at #1?

If bombers play mistake free football, we can win with him... If we had edmontons coaches and roster, we could win in spite of him like they did...

Crompton is a backup QB as well but hes being foisted into the starters role. They too can win in spite of him if they play mistake free football..

We gave this game to Mtl with our turnovers and piss poor ST coverage.