Y'all Know What Happens Next...

BomberDynasty

1) Riders are hungry and desperate for that first win, and a message has been sent to the players with the firings...

2) On the other hand, it's business as usual in Bomberland, as the powers that be are very comfortable to maintain that status quo of losing ways and incompetentcy...

3) Bombers never play well in Regina, and are particularly vulnerable on Labor Day. Even with the great Bomber teams of 30 years ago, there was always fear of being blown out in Regina on Labor Day.

4) Bombers are going to trot out Broom with no other viable option, and we already know what thay means...

5) That Bomber O-Line is averaging allowing about 4 quarterbacks per year to be injured. There is a good chance Broom may not even finish the game...

6) Bombers of the modern era have a long and storied history of always embarassing themselves at the hands of the worst teams in the league... Think back to that one Ottawa game last year as an example...

So as the title says, in most likelihood this could get very embarrassing for the blue and gold. Knowing this, we should not get upset or emotional about what we see, because that is the brand of Bomber football we have been willing to accept, and what the Bombers really need is a little unconditional love at times like this ;)  They may be losers from top to bottom, but at least they are our losers. I hope they manage to pull off the upset, but I'm prepared for the worst...

15% Chance of win

20% Chance of a close loss

65% Chance of being blown out

1) Riders are hungry and desperate for that first win, and a message has been sent to the players with the firings...

2) On the other hand, it's business as usual in Bomberland, as the powers that be are very comfortable to maintain that status quo of losing ways and incompetentcy...

3) Bombers never play well in Regina, and are particularly vulnerable on Labor Day. Even with the great Bomber teams of 30 years ago, there was always fear of being blown out in Regina on Labor Day.

4) Bombers are going to trot out Broom with no other viable option, and we already know what thay means...

5) That Bomber O-Line is averaging allowing about 4 quarterbacks per year to be injured. There is a good chance Broom may not even finish the game...

6) Bombers of the modern era have a long and storied history of always embarassing themselves at the hands of the worst teams in the league... Think back to that one Ottawa game last year as an example...

So as the title says, in most likelihood this could get very embarrassing for the blue and gold. Knowing this, we should not get upset or emotional about what we see, because that is the brand of Bomber football we have been willing to accept, and what the Bombers really need is a little unconditional love at times like this ;)  They may be losers from top to bottom, but at least they are our losers. I hope they manage to pull off the upset, but I'm prepared for the worst...

15% Chance of win

20% Chance of a close loss

65% Chance of being blown out

108-thumbs-down-sign.png

Hey Mr.Dee - as bad as the OP is he's right. Though we did win the first game of the year there - like last year it's been pretty much unraveling. The simple fact is, the SK players will in fact be all pumped up. They usually are anyway but with this coaching change - just like in Montreal you can expect a HUGE emotional boost from the 'rider players.

Now, will Wpg be able to respond in kind? Just like the posts I make about the games when Winnipeg comes here (Edmonton) and I say they'll get blown out. I get a similar reaction, and after the game, year after year, gee, guess what - BLOW OUT. 

Problem is on here some people read these posts and they think the author is 'hoping' for a blowout. For me its the complete opposite. It's not very fun sitting in the stands, surrounded by a bunch of Eskimo fans, and hearing it from them after yet another bumbler play. If I had a dollar for every time an eskie fan asked when Wpg would field a real team here and at least put up a fight...........

Labour Day, like it or not - it not much different. I'm a student of history and as the OP says, even when SK is in the tank (like they are now) they always seem to rise to the occasion and play way above their heads in this game and the bomber players and coaching personal cannot match that enthusiasm. 

I give thumbs down too because, IMO - the OP has it wrong. I say it's a 90% chance of getting utterly destroyed, and a 10% chance of us making a game of it and having me be a bit late to the annual family bbq. I haven't been late to that barbeque in over a decade - and I won't be late this time. Do I hope I'm wrong, you bet I do. But I'd gladly bet you I'm not (I could use some easy money ;) )

exactly..

a crippled,winless rider squad fresh off firing a hc AND gm..

and we are here actling we are on a death watch for our season...

you would honestly think we had a back to back against hamilton or edmonton from all the dejection around here..

Hey Mr.Dee - as bad as the OP is he's right. Though we did win the first game of the year there - like last year it's been pretty much unraveling. The simple fact is, the SK players will in fact be all pumped up. They usually are anyway but with this coaching change - just like in Montreal you can expect a HUGE emotional boost from the 'rider players.

Now, will Wpg be able to respond in kind? Just like the posts I make about the games when Winnipeg comes here (Edmonton) and I say they'll get blown out. I get a similar reaction, and after the game, year after year, gee, guess what - BLOW OUT. 

Problem is on here some people read these posts and they think the author is 'hoping' for a blowout. For me its the complete opposite. It's not very fun sitting in the stands, surrounded by a bunch of Eskimo fans, and hearing it from them after yet another bumbler play. If I had a dollar for every time an eskie fan asked when Wpg would field a real team here and at least put up a fight...........

Labour Day, like it or not - it not much different. I'm a student of history and as the OP says, even when SK is in the tank (like they are now) they always seem to rise to the occasion and play way above their heads in this game and the bomber players and coaching personal cannot match that enthusiasm. 

I give thumbs down too because, IMO - the OP has it wrong. I say it's a 90% chance of getting utterly destroyed, and a 10% chance of us making a game of it and having me be a bit late to the annual family bbq. I haven't been late to that barbeque in over a decade - and I won't be late this time. Do I hope I'm wrong, you bet I do. But I'd gladly bet you I'm not (I could use some easy money ;) )

108-thumbs-down-sign.png

I prefer to look at every game as an opportunity for a win, whether I'm playing in it or watching it. I prefer not to take the defeatist attitude, but you and the OP, and a few others, are welcome to revel in it.

I'm fully aware of what has happened in the past, but you know what…I don't care about those games..in the past. Tomorrow's game brings the promise of change and a victory, by any means.

Am i setting myself up for disappointment? Possibly..but it doesn't matter, I'm a big boy..I can handle it.

Go Blue

108-thumbs-down-sign.png

I prefer to look at every game as an opportunity for a win, whether I'm playing in it or watching it. I prefer not to take the defeatist attitude, but you and the OP, and a few others, are welcome to revel in it.

I'm fully aware of what has happened in the past, but you know what…I don't care about those games..in the past. Tomorrow's game brings the promise of change and a victory, by any means.

Am i setting myself up for disappointment? Possibly..but it doesn't matter, I'm a big boy..I can handle it.

Go Blue

well said dee.. i can never understand the defeatist attitude..especially considering saskabush's current situation.. sure, ours aint so great either but throwing in the towel against a hapless, winless team with a deplorable defense? as long as ours comes to play he have a very good shot at winning one or even both of these...

gotta believe folks or else what is the point of following or cheering for our team?

The OP is not a WBB fan.  He's a Rider fan in disguise (albeit a bad one) trolling.    

I probably shouldn't use such big words.  Do they have dictionary's in Saskatchewan?  If so, would they know how to use it?  

Nope. Not a Rider fan, and not Crunch in disguise either.

I'm not a melon-header or any kind of gap-toothed aberration either...

Just a long time Bomber fan who has become dis-illusioned and has seen the light that nothing will EVER change on this team until the current organizational structure is completely abandoned in its entirety. The reason why this team never shows any improvement in its "rebuilding" phases is not due to the team being gutted sometime in the distant past, but is actually a result of poor decisions by the BOD and management. Those problems are systemic and will not go away until that structure changes...

Riders will be all fired up as the players are finally free of their arrogant former head coach. Rider fans will be fired up in a sold out Mosaic Stadium as they look at the firings of Chamblin & Taman as a new lease on life. We'll have to weather the first half storm & stay close if we are to have even a chance to win tomorrow. Brohm will have to be an effective game manager & turnovers for the offense just can't happen. 

Riders will be all fired up as the players are finally free of their arrogant former head coach. Rider fans will be fired up in a sold out Mosaic Stadium as they look at the firings of Chamblin & Taman as a new lease on life. We'll have to weather the first half storm & stay close if we are to have even a chance to win tomorrow. Brohm will have to be an effective game manager & turnovers for the offense just can't happen. 

This is solid post and pretty much what fans here are seeing.

Or we score a quick TD via return or pick six and the crowd goes quiet for awhile. Im really hoping our defense can punch this offense in the mouth.. Only problem i see is that Dyce knows Hall. He may very well know how to pick our defense apart...

Well that and Brohm not Brohmimg it up too badly..

Calling him Broom in your post also makes you sound childish (and that goes for everyone else), which makes me not even want to read what you wrote.  I mean really, grow up, have some hope.  And if you think they're going to lose, don't watch the game and go enjoy the lovely weather we're having.  Oh, and on a side note.  For everyone who keeps calling him Broom.  That's almost a compliment.  You make it sound like he sweeps up the competition.  It's the dumbest nickname I've heard anyone give someone else.

Yes, Brohm is not very good, but he's our only viable option right now.  Are we going to lose?  It's a possibility, but spreading doom and gloom on this board before it even happens is just trollish behavior.

Calling him Broom in your post also makes you sound childish (and that goes for everyone else), which makes me not even want to read what you wrote.  I mean really, grow up, have some hope.  And if you think they're going to lose, don't watch the game and go enjoy the lovely weather we're having.  Oh, and on a side note.  For everyone who keeps calling him Broom.  That's almost a compliment.  You make it sound like he sweeps up the competition.  It's the dumbest nickname I've heard anyone give someone else.

Yes, Brohm is not very good, but he's our only viable option right now.  Are we going to lose?  It's a possibility, but spreading doom and gloom on this board before it even happens is just trollish behavior.

Don't you mean spreading doom and broom?

dancing-guy-smiley-emoticon.gif