Week 10 Aug 30 Sask@Ott. (Tor 15 Edm. 38)

Mr Dee

Wow I could only wish that Marve could have a ridiculously high completion % and throw over 300 yards.       Edmonton definitely is on a whole different level then us.   

unfortunately that's what I was thinking while watching this game

yah, me. also found the "which movie star would play Milt/matt etc" . not funny.

Come on that was good stuff.

Schultz: I'd pick this guy, Ivan Drago!!

Panel: Uhh Schultzy don't you mean Dolph Lundgren???

Schultz: No!! Ivan Drago!!! Did you see how badly he beat Apollo Creed??

Panel: He killed him Schultzy!!

Now that's good comedy!

Tidbits..

Sacks - Mtl 6 Ham 1

Turnovers - Mtl 2 Ham 3

Rushing yds - Mtl 123 Ham 29

Smirks - Popp 1 Austin 0

Zachary Collaros was still the best QB out there, but Mont. kept him contained, sacked him 6 times, and kept him off balance just enough. But raise your hand on who expected Tanner Marsh to come in and manage the game just enough to squeak out a win?

The best thing about this game? - Now we don't have to listen to that "unbeatable at home" stat any longer.

Who expected a Hamilton returner to stand like a statue and watch the ball bounce off his helmet?

Man Franklin played great for a rookie in his first start. Who gets 300+ yards passing and a TD plus 50+ yards rushing and a TD in their first start? 

Really close game until the 4th. Two good teams taking their shots. I love that kind of football. Edmonton owned the time of possession, but scored FG's so Toronto could hang in there for a long time by scoring a couple of TD's. The Esks turned the game around when ran that punt back for a TD. Toronto pretty much gave up and got shellacked from that point forward. 

Why can't we recruit qbs like that? Other teams do it. Nah, the team continuosly brings in guys like Brink, Elliott, Hall, Goltz & Brohm & tries to pass them off as legit pro qb prospects to long suffering Bomber fans. 

Teams like Hamilton, Edmonton, and Toronto have have superior coaching and talent around them. Makes it easier to develop a QB.

Why can't we recruit qbs like that? Other teams do it. Nah, the team continuosly brings in guys like Brink, Elliott, Hall, Goltz & Brohm & tries to pass them off as legit pro qb prospects to long suffering Bomber fans. 

Well we had guys like Elliott and Dinwiddie impress in their first games too. The key as always is how they do over the long haul. 

Franklin is looking like a very good QB prospect- smart, good arm and mobile. Between him and Reilly, Edmonton ought to be set for time to come.

Yep great game and proves a good team can come back after a terrible one - even with a rookie QB. A well coached team with proper player development can do that. 

I may have had one too many brown ales last night but I thought I saw shades of Warren Moon in Franklin's performance.  Very calm presence and smooth delivery and frankly a little boring to watch him perform.  I like QB's with a little bit more frenetic energy that will throw the ball with either hand if need be.

Yep, the best we have done since the Cal Murphy era is Taman bringing in already developed Qbs in Jones and Glenn.  Bombers haven't developed a good QB since McManus.  Haven't developed even an average Qb in that time frame either

Yep, the best we have done since the Cal Murphy era is Taman bringing in already developed Qbs in Jones and Glenn.  Bombers haven't developed a good QB since McManus.  Haven't developed even an average Qb in that time frame either

Exactly what I've been saying - some yahoo on here 'critized' my comment by saying McManus never did anything for us?  :wub:  - Still don't get his point. MY POINT was we hadn't RECRUITED a QB who had a decent career in this league since him (some people can't follow the dots when making a comment lol).

This is the SOLE reason why we have been an irrelevant team in the CFL for the past 25 years. I don't care what arguments are brought forth (whether it be Hamm, Dunnigan, Cavillo, etc) - yes other teams have brought in QB's from other organisations and thrived, but they still have developed their own regardless. This is why I'm in Marve's corner, and if it isn't Marve, then whomever we bring in next. I've been waiting 25 years for the Bombers to recruit and develop their OWN QB - sooner or later, even by pure 'dumb' luck, it has to happen. Until it does - we'll always be a bottom feeder who may, once in a blue moon, fluke a year where we get to the Grey Cup (or even win the odd one) but will never maintain a level of consistency like all the other teams who bring in their own QB's do.