Ranking CFL stadiums - IGF is #1

gbill2004

I went to the Sask, ticats game after the bomber game at Commonwealth, and there is no way mosaic is better than Edmonton's stadium. That place made canadinns look like a palace. Concessions were the crops (basically just popcorn and hot dogs), all bench seating, no hand rails, terrible washrooms, dark and dingy atmosphere. Canada's fans weren't even into the game when they were up into the fourth quarter so I'm not sure why the media always raves about them being the best fans in the league. I wasn't impressed.

I went to the Sask, ticats game after the bomber game at Commonwealth, and there is no way mosaic is better than Edmonton's stadium. That place made canadinns look like a palace. Concessions were the crops (basically just popcorn and hot dogs), all bench seating, no hand rails, terrible washrooms, dark and dingy atmosphere. Canada's fans weren't even into the game when they were up into the fourth quarter so I'm not sure why the media always raves about them being the best fans in the league. I wasn't impressed.

I was at Mosiac just a month ago for the Riders home opener. It's worse than CanadInns, but not by much.

I was at Mosiac just a month ago for the Riders home opener. It's worse than CanadInns, but not by much.

Like it's worse then Canad Inns is currently (A pile of rubble buried in the abyss?)

Like it's worse then Canad Inns is currently (A pile of rubble buried in the abyss?)
Compared to its last year or two.

I go to McMahon at LEAST once a year, and I really don't think it's THAT bad...

It's old and showing it's age, but it's still a good place to watch football. Not really any poor seats to watch from, yeah there;s bench seats in the endzone sections and maybe up in the nose bleeds, but so what? Not like putting a board on the back makes things any more comfortable. 

I've been to them all, except Tim Hortons, and the renovated Ottawa facility.  (I've been to both the old Landsdown and Ivor Wynne.)

My Opinion:

Winnipeg,

Hamilton,

Ottawa,

Montreal (Molson, not big Owe)

BC

Edmonton

Toronto  (will move up at BMO)

Calgary

Regina.

I've been to them all, except Tim Hortons, and the renovated Ottawa facility.  (I've been to both the old Landsdown and Ivor Wynne.)

My Opinion:

Winnipeg,

Hamilton,

Ottawa,

Montreal (Molson, not big Owe)

BC

Edmonton

Toronto  (will move up at BMO)

Calgary

Regina.

Based on what I've seen on TV (have only been to Winnipeg, Edmonton and Calgary), this list seems the most accurate, IMO...

It's old and showing it's age, but it's still a good place to watch football. Not really any poor seats to watch from, yeah there;s bench seats in the endzone sections and maybe up in the nose bleeds, but so what? Not like putting a board on the back makes things any more comfortable. 

the one time I sat on the benches at Mcmahon I was just glad the attendance was so sparse, for where the seats are outlined I don't know how you actually fit 1 person per spot. That said I'm above average in both height and weight so seating room is always something I'm looking at. The benches at Mcmahon were awful from what I recall, the actual seats are fine.

The times I've been to IGF the legroom in some areas was fantastic, and seemed to be above average anywhere I sat. MTS Centre however I don't like going to on the other hand. I went to a world junior pre-tournament game there a decade ago, the leg room was bad enough I've turned down free NHL tickets because I just don't want to sit in there again.

the one time I sat on the benches at Mcmahon I was just glad the attendance was so sparse, for where the seats are outlined I don't know how you actually fit 1 person per spot. That said I'm above average in both height and weight so seating room is always something I'm looking at. The benches at Mcmahon were awful from what I recall, the actual seats are fine.

The times I've been to IGF the legroom in some areas was fantastic, and seemed to be above average anywhere I sat. MTS Centre however I don't like going to on the other hand. I went to a world junior pre-tournament game there a decade ago, the leg room was bad enough I've turned down free NHL tickets because I just don't want to sit in there again.

Having to go up & down 60 rows to get a hot dog or use the bathroom meantime not seeing the game as the narrow concourses are below the stands is no fun. McMahon isn't quite a dump yet but it's fast getting there.

I don't go to the concession during games as I don't have the patience for the lines and don't want to miss any of the game otherwise. So I basically get to my seat and don't leave until the game is over, so the concourse really only impacts me before/after the game. 

I was at the Calgary/Winnipeg Game.

Stadium concourse area reminded me a lot of canadinns with the layout. Pretty outdated and dingy looking to boot.

Once in your seat though, watching the game was great. We were in the second cheapest section (benches with little plastic bits for your butt, but no backs), and it was all right. All the fans in our area were great too, quite knowledgeable and having a fun time. Also got good advice for whale watching for once we got into Vancovuer. 

Stadium concourse area reminded me a lot of canadinns with the layout. Pretty outdated and dingy looking to boot.

Once in your seat though, watching the game was great. We were in the second cheapest section (benches with little plastic bits for your butt, but no backs), and it was all right. All the fans in our area were great too, quite knowledgeable and having a fun time. Also got good advice for whale watching for once we got into Vancovuer. 

That's my number one priority when watching a football game ;)

Me too and fans at IGF are crappy for that! I've asked fans at IGF where's the best place to go whale watching in Winnipeg and they looked at me like I was an idiot! Thanks a lot for nothing IGF!

Me too and fans at IGF are crappy for that! I've asked fans at IGF where's the best place to go whale watching in Winnipeg and they looked at me like I was an idiot! Thanks a lot for nothing IGF!

Palomino Club

You live in Maui.  Maui has some of the best whale-watching anywhere!

I've seen games in 5 different stadiums in my life time... 2 in the US, Metrodome and Ford Field.. Gotta say Ford Field was quite amazing... In the CFL, I've seen games at IGF, Canad Inns lol and Commonwealth.. Seen a baseball game at SkyDome years upon years ago... many many years ago now...

If i had to rank them... Ford Field is number 1 by a long shot, then i'd put IGF, then Metrodome, Then Skydome and then Canad Inns. 

So to me, Canad Inns looks similar to Mosaic so it would have to be on the bottom. 

hBG9AVc.png?1