Election 2015

FrostyWinnipeg

It's very weird when you consider he's the 1st PM that employs a full-time stylist.

And William Lyon Mackenzie King employed a full time psychic so he could talk to his dead mother and dead dog.  Lots of weird stuff goes on in Ottawa.

It must have worked for him considering how long he was in power!

It's very weird when you consider he's the 1st PM that employs a full-time stylist.

And William Lyon Mackenzie King employed a full time psychic so he could talk to his dead mother and dead dog.  Lots of weird stuff goes on in Ottawa.

John Diefenbaker had jowls like a basset hound. We've had some strange looking PMs too. Sir John A was a raging alcoholic who could stand up in the HOC & give 12 hour speeches during filibusters with the aid of alcohol.

John Diefenbaker had jowls like a basset hound. We've had some strange looking PMs too. Sir John A was a raging alcoholic who could stand up in the HOC & give 12 hour speeches during filibusters with the aid of alcohol.

It was the 1800's. Everyone was a raging alcoholic. What else was there to do?

I have no idea. I heard that MacDonald would start speaking sober then have a bottle of whiskey beside him & start sipping... He gave some of his best speeches drunk as a skunk. 

I'm very surprised that the globe has endorsed the torys given the rampant left wing media bias we suffer under. Sun media has also endorsed the torys but also steven harper (unlike the globe)

I wonder if any other major news outlets have formally endorsed a political party.

I'm very surprised that the globe has endorsed the torys given the rampant left wing media bias we suffer under. Sun media has also endorsed the torys but also steven harper (unlike the globe)

I wonder if any other major news outlets have formally endorsed a political party.

Newspaper endorsements are a joke. All of Postmedia's newspapers were forced to run conservative endorsements by the ownership. The Globe put out a nonsense endorsement for an option that Canadians can't vote for (might as well endorse Unicorns). The only sensible endorsement I've seen is from the WFP, where they say that endorsements are nonsense.

If you think there is a left wing bias in our media, you're kidding yourself - 99% of endorsements have always been for the conservatives.

Great point KBF. If harper was so bad the left wouldn't hve to lie. While the right talks policies the left talks about what a personal devil the PM is. Desperate and disrespectful

Anyway...

The Liberals, who started the election in third place, have overtaken the Conservatives in seat projections, with 128 seats to the Conservatives’ 122. The NDP, once the front-runner, is trailing with 84 seats.

I hate getting into this crap, but there you go again. It's makes me laugh so hard when someone says the Liberals lie while Cons talk about policies. Come on man. Give me a break. The Cons lie about the Liberals all the damn time. Every commercial is a lie. Get over yourself.

For example. Pretending the economy is strong while the BOC cuts interst rates is a lie.

Or mailing out cheques to be taxed 6 months after the election is over is certainly misleading people.

Newspaper endorsements are a joke. All of Postmedia's newspapers were forced to run conservative endorsements by the ownership. The Globe put out a nonsense endorsement for an option that Canadians can't vote for (might as well endorse Unicorns). The only sensible endorsement I've seen is from the WFP, where they say that endorsements are nonsense.

If you think there is a left wing bias in our media, you're kidding yourself - 99% of endorsements have always been for the conservatives.

I'm being incredibly facetious and mocking someone that likes to post about the 'left wing media bias' that supposedly exists in their head

I'm being incredibly facetious and mocking someone that likes to post about the 'left wing media bias' that supposedly exists in their head

ah sorry missed that. Serves me right for skipping to the end of the thread :)

Just to provide some context for others:

hJvp8HW.png

Lol. One media outlet endorsed the ndp one time and there is a bias to the left? I'd love to hear the explanation on that.

Haven't seen so much blue since I've been to a jets game

Here's a gem from The Unknown Poster.

I dont claim it.  It exists.  You admit this by providing a cause.  I dont disagree that the media has their collective panties in a bunch because Harper doesnt pay them a lot of lip service.  But it would be nice if media reported news without a bias based on how easy the government makes their job.

If you claim the media isnt bias, thats the end of the discussion.  No point in continuing.

Sorry to bring up a point in an argument that you have clearly declared to be not up for debate based entirely on your opinion and no actual facts. Sorry but I'm going to have  to ask you you back up your point now about how the media is biased against the party that it formally endorses the majority of the time in the majority of outlets.

Harper shoots himself in the foot by refusing to talk to a media that wants to give him his endorsement. Barrels of Lol's. 

It must have worked for him considering how long he was in power!

how do you talk to a dead dog?  How do you talk to a live one?

I have no idea. I heard that MacDonald would start speaking sober then have a bottle of whiskey beside him & start sipping... He gave some of his best speeches drunk as a skunk. 

Imagine no professional sports teams to cheer for, which means no Bombers, no Jets, no Blue Jays.  Your job of menial back-breaking labour is so unsafe you will probably die doing it.  No TV. No radio.  No Kardashians telling us all how to live.  No video games.  No microwave burritos.  No sci-fi.  Books have to be read on paper.  You are lucky if you live past 50, and if you do, you probably spend the last five years in agonizing pain praying to die. People rarely bathed so the smell of BO would have been over-whelming, all the time.  Yeah, thanks to electricity and petroleum products providing mankind with cheap energy, we have it a lot better than they had it in John A's day.   I don't wonder for a second why they were blasted all day every day.

Didn't the Red Star endorse Trudeau?  EDIT - just saw the graph.  Sorry.

I think Stephen Harper having the Fords beside him at a rally was about the dumbest move he could have done. Harper: tough on crime. Ford: A crack smoker. Harper: hypocrite when it comes to crime as he is associating with a known crininal. Even Stephen Harper should have realized it was a huge mistake & not been a part of that rally.

Yes the CBC is a prime example of non biased journalism.

But ofcourse your opinion supersedes my opinion. Uh huh

But Fraser it's okay. Don't take things so personally. A few people around here need to relax.

Ok so even if we include the cbc as biased and technically formally endorsing 'the left' that leaves us with 2 media outlets supporting 'the left' and more than a dozen supporting the right.

Care to explain how that constitutes the Canadian media landscape being skewed to the left?

The majority of those papers that are backing the Cons are owned by one company, Postmedia Network, which owns all the Sun papers and generally promotes right of centre views if I'm not mistaken.  You could consider all those Postmedia papers as one entity really.  So is it really a surprise that the chart posted is going to be primarily Con blue?  About as surprising if Fox News backs the Republican candidate and MSNBC backs the Democratic nominee down south.  

I'm more surprised by the Wpg Free Press backing the Cons. Or the Globe and Mail with their backing of the Cons, but not Harper.  

The majority of those papers that are backing the Cons are owned by one company, Postmedia Network, which owns all the Sun papers and generally promotes right of centre views if I'm not mistaken. You could consider all those Postmedia papers as one entity really. So is it really a surprise that the chart posted is going to be primarily Con blue? About as surprising if Fox News backs the Republican candidate and MSNBC backs the Democratic nominee down south.

I'm more surprised by the Wpg Free Press backing the Cons. Or the Globe and Mail with their backing of the Cons, but not Harper.

I'd say you could count all the regional suns together as one national entity. I would argue common ownership is not a good enough reason to consider that national sun entity the same as the post though.