Special teams was atrocious

Stoudermire had already touched the ball trying to catch it around the Bombers 6 yard line.  He shouldn't have tried to catch that kickoff at all.

Oh did he? I thought it went over his head. Either way it was just plain bone-head. He was snake-bit that entire game.

Yep, and at that point he should have recovered it ASAP, but he flubbed it again and we were about a half second away from the Calgary cover guys having a shot at a free TD.  Just a real stupid game for him all around.

Doug Brown on the post-game show labelled players like Stoudermire as "coach killers" in that they tend to give coaches heart attacks.  He explained that players such as Stoudemire that have immense talent are sometimes hard to coach (control) because they have supreme confidence in their abilities and will free-lance at the drop of a hat.  Some times it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I certainly wouldn't want to see Stoudermire in the D-backfield after a performance like that, to me it demonstrates that he probably has the attention span of a 4 year old.

Stoudermire had already touched the ball trying to catch it around the Bombers 6 yard line.  He shouldn't have tried to catch that kickoff at all.

Oh did he? I thought it went over his head. Either way it was just plain bone-head. He was snake-bit that entire game.

He misjudged it, it was driven relatively low and hard, he thought it was short and sprinted up 10 yards to catch it, then had to get back when he realized his screwup, tried to jump and catch it.  It hit his hand.

It was a game where the Bombers were the better team most of the time but made catastrophic blunders the rest of the time.  Many of those on special teams.

Doug Brown on the post-game show labelled players like Stoudermire as "coach killers" in that they tend to give coaches heart attacks.  He explained that players such as Stoudemire that have immense talent are sometimes hard to coach (control) because they have supreme confidence in their abilities and will free-lance at the drop of a hat.  Some times it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I certainly wouldn't want to see Stoudermire in the D-backfield after a performance like that, to me it demonstrates that he probably has the attention span of a 4 year old.

I understand talent....I don't understand mental lapses that should have been instilled to go with that talent....I knew a lot of free lancers back in the day....used to have long talks with them on the unemployment lines..

I've watched the replay of the stoudermire fumble and it should have been a no yards penalty on the stamps.

AND...

Was their 1st TD offside??

Couldn't get the video to work.

It is what it is, I guess.

You can also argue that at least two illegal block/holding calls were missed on Lirim's missed FG that Brown ran out past the 40 yard line.  Certainly had me yelling at the TV.  But, as you said, it is what it is.  We're onto Edmonton!

That fumble really was the turning point. Gave the stamps life and took away momentum from the bombers. The absolute worst part is that it happened right in front of my seats and the coaches were telling him to not **** around and yet he kept running backwards and sideways on every return. Veltung, if Stoudemire keeps playing like that is a better, safer option. The O and D were pretty solid all in all but the special teams blew the game plain and simple

This to me was the biggest fault of the game. I actually forgave him on the fumble as he was trying to make a play. That last return though - IMO earns him a ticket of town. His job on that play is to field the ball cleanly and move it up field and get out of bounds. I'm 100% sure those were the specific instructions given to him by our coaches as well. He totally ignored them, taking 10 seconds off the clock and losing 10 yards on the return. Not sure where his head was at in the game but I hope I see Veltung next week here in Edmonton

A ticket outta town?! You do recall how money he was last year, right? He was trying to do too much probably due to his missing time this year. Plus prolly a little rusty..

Ticket outta town tho? Lololol. Glad yer not the president or else Russia might be vaporized by now..

I don't like the reference people are making that ....oh well we lost to two good teams and all is well....for cripes sake we lost and that doesn't sit well nor should it...

Of course it sucks we've lost 2 games but we are not in any dire pediments or at risk of a terrible season.. People need to chill and realize its a looooong season..

I've watched the replay of the stoudermire fumble and it should have been a no yards penalty on the stamps.

AND...

Was their 1st TD offside??

Couldn't get the video to work.

It is what it is, I guess.

You can also argue that at least two illegal block/holding calls were missed on Lirim's missed FG that Brown ran out past the 40 yard line.  Certainly had me yelling at the TV.  But, as you said, it is what it is.  We're onto Edmonton!

Oh man there was no arguing it, again it was right in front of my seats and someone was getting absolutely mugged, not sure how the flag wasn't called. There was another return in the same end where the first guy down was clearly pushed in the numbers but no flags. I was speechless that something so obvious didn't get called. 

Seriously, it seems like kicking converts and kicking field goals are different mind sets... and we all know kickers are flakes.  Some coach will figure that out and go with two different kickers.  Convert percentage is way too low for that distance.

I watched that Parades kick-off five times in a row, and I have to say that the evidence as to whether Stouds actually touched that ball on the six yard line or not is inconclusive. Either way it was cluster-freak.

when it happened it sure looked like he touched it to me. I dunno what the cameras showed but I was fuming at him for sticking his hand up and touching it when it was clearly going into the endzone anyway. 

Guy tried to be a hero all night long and it wound up costing the team. I hate kick returners who run backwards and sideways. Yeah you're fast but so are the guys chasing you. Just hit it up the middle and see what happens. 

Seriously, it seems like kicking converts and kicking field goals are different mind sets... and we all know kickers are flakes. Some coach will figure that out and go with two different kickers. Convert percentage is way too low for that distance.

I have heard that it's been an adjustment since the are kicking from the middle of the hash marks. Very rare to have field goal not be from one of the hash marks. I think and old fashion straight ahead kicker might be good for converts.

I have heard that it's been an adjustment since the are kicking from the middle of the hash marks. Very rare to have field goal not be from one of the hash marks. I think and old fashion straight ahead kicker might be good for converts.

Time to bring Joe "the Toe" Poplawski out of retirement... :)

All I Know is I would rather my team lose by 10 but play a decent game, the other team just played better.  Losing by 1 point because of 4 turnovers, a missed extra point, boneheaded decisions by players, blocked kick, etc infuriates me.

As was mentioned, any one or two of these 8 dumb things doesn't happen and we probably win

We beat ourselves and an opportunity was given away

Seriously, it seems like kicking converts and kicking field goals are different mind sets... and we all know kickers are flakes. Some coach will figure that out and go with two different kickers. Convert percentage is way too low for that distance.

Lirim explained that the kick must be lined up between the goalposts and that he is comfortable lining it up with the left post.