Burke: Happy with Buck's play on Saturday

Mike

Go back and watch the second play of the game again, the one that Hall hurt his wrist on. The Ticats sent 5 on the rush, Swiston trips trying to get out of his stance, everyone else had there man but his walks right in and hits Halls throwing hand, done. That's just the kind of shitshow we are getting from these players.

Troy Westwood ‏@TroyWestwood 25 Aug

In tracking Pierce's plays yesterday, in his 20 pass attempts he only twice had reasonable time available in the pocket.

I love how people treat the game like it's so simple, when they really just do not have a clue. :)

Listening to Troy Westwood is the equivalent to reading Paul Friesen.

I still think 100% the o-line needs to be revamped.  I think Buck's numbers would improve if our O-Line was solid.  

Regarding what Burke said though... perhaps he's doing damage control?   Or perhaps he underwent a silent lobotomy.   Buck looked terrible against the Tabbies.

Maybe he thinks that if he says it enough it'll come true.

We have a very smart fan base. If only the bombers would appoint all the fans as head coach we would win. Burke can't possibly know what he's talking about. Same goes for the media analyzing the game on the post game show.

Listen, Buck was what he was on Saturday. But he was not the reason we lost.

i thought all qbs looked equally crappy... i also dont have a score card or video footage to reference like the coaches do so i too tend to listen to what the coaches say over forum denizens/media..

i dont think the o-line played well.. at all.. and from what i understand, edwards was the only consistent reciever..

*shrug* i still think coaches and coordinators are the.best judges of whos doing their jobs and i cant see why they would willingly lie about players performances... especially when hes been brutally honest in the past...

We have a very smart fan base. If only the bombers would appoint all the fans as head coach we would win. Burke can't possibly know what he's talking about. Same goes for the media analyzing the game on the post game show.

i thought all qbs looked equally crappy... i also dont have a score card or video footage to reference like the coaches do so i too tend to listen to what the coaches say over forum denizens/media..

i dont think the o-line played well.. at all.. and from what i understand, edwards was the only consistent reciever..

*shrug* i still think coaches and coordinators are the.best judges of whos doing their jobs and i cant see why they would willingly lie about players performances... especially when hes been brutally honest in the past...

This is called an "authority bias" - people want to trust the people in power, even when there is evidence to suggest otherwise.

Okay, I can accept that if you accept that he'll never be the reason if we ever win.

evidence eh? so your an offensive coordinator? no? we got one on the forum? no again? what about a quality control consultant? no again huh?what we do have is a bunch of people with varying yet similar experience levels but no experts..drawn from that what you want..

This is such flimsy reasoning.  Weak.  You can see with your OWN EYES that Buck isn't playing well.  Do you also believe everything politicians tell you?  Or that lawyers are always telling the truth?  I sure hope so, because unless you can show me your law degree or that you're secretly Stephen Harper we should all just close and eyes and accept what they say as gospel.

Okay, I can accept that if you accept that he'll never be the reason if we ever win.

Bingo bango....

Most other qbs might face the pressure and struggle and probably piss away a few possessions... but when the defense is making the same plays against you all night long... you can't hit denmark with a quick pass and let him burn them for some easy 20 yard gains?   Glenn made it look easy the other night simply getting the ball and immediately lobbing it above the blitzers and right into the dude replacing cornish or is slotbacks hands giving them an easy first down.....

It just seems that Pierce can't throw it to a receiver who is on the run... always seems like he waits until the route is finished and then underthrows it leaving them to come back to the ball and missing the first down...

evidence eh? so your an offensive coordinator? no? we got one on the forum? no again? what about a quality control consultant? no again huh?what we do have is a bunch of people with varying yet similar experience levels but no experts..drawn from that what you want..

This is such flimsy reasoning. Weak. You can see with your OWN EYES that Buck isn't playing well. Do you also believe everything politicians tell you? Or that lawyers are always telling the truth? I sure hope so, because unless you can show me your law degree or that you're secretly Stephen Harper we should all just close and eyes and accept what they say as gospel.

its a double edged sword.tho.. why do you assume hes lying? i also saw hall and goltz not fair much better.. i assume you did too..

you nor i know EXACTLY what plays were called and/audibles...we also don't know if the o-line executed properly, if the receivers ran the right routes or if the rb blocked the right gap..

so without knowing even half of this info, isn't it safe to assume your simply guessing or going by your own opinion? id take a coaches take on it over your or my own opinion any day... why? guess im just a dumb ole follower (even though I'm probably on par with you or close to it football knowledge wise and after watching the same game)

He's won before. Which means he can win again. And he gives us our best shot to win from who we have. Hard to say what hall gives us since he can't stay healthy.

Okay, I gotta ask -- are you trolling?  Or is this just a prank you're pulling on everyone?  What's the deal here?  It's been a few weeks of this nonsense so I'm curious.  Do you just don't know anything about the game of football?  Do you know what a quarterback is?  To be honest, it seems you really don't know which player on the team is Buck Pierce.  Have you ever actually even seen a Bomber game?  Let me know...

oh no no.. i know what each of those archaic devices is iso and we played with abacuses in kindergarden/grade 1 but im a calculator and computer kid (early stages tho.. 286s and older)

my printing is atrocious and my writing is not much better (i blame it on the lefthandedness) but im only 32. maybe not old enough to get curmodgeonly yet? ;)

He's won before. Which means he can win again. And he gives us our best shot to win from who we have. Hard to say what hall gives us since he can't stay healthy.

Okay, I gotta ask -- are you trolling? Or is this just a prank you're pulling on everyone? What's the deal here? It's been a few weeks of this nonsense so I'm curious. Do you just don't know anything about the game of football? Do you know what a quarterback is? To be honest, it seems you really don't know which player on the team is Buck Pierce. Have you ever actually even seen a Bomber game? Let me know...

other peoples opinion dont always equate with nonsense BB, no need to be dickish, is there?

Okay, I gotta ask -- are you trolling? Or is this just a prank you're pulling on everyone? What's the deal here? It's been a few weeks of this nonsense so I'm curious. Do you just don't know anything about the game of football? Do you know what a quarterback is? To be honest, it seems you really don't know which player on the team is Buck Pierce. Have you ever actually even seen a Bomber game? Let me know...

other peoples opinion dont always equate with nonsense BB, no need to be dickish, is there?

You're right, it did come off as dickish and I apologize to TUP.  A little harsher than I meant it to be.  This season is starting to wear on me.  But as I said, it's been a while with this defending of Buck (from Burke as well) and I just can't see the logic behind the argument.  If only our OL protected Buck this much.

It's one thing to share your opinion but quite another to keep repeating your point of view that clearly defies reason and facts.  Buck's record speaks for itself.  His stats don't lie.  To say you like Buck Pierce is fine.  To (repeatedly) say he's a good QB and gives us our best chance to win when it's evident that this isn't the case, simply comes off as carrying on an argument just for the sake of arguing.  

But in any case, my post was disrespectful and I'm sorry again TUP.  To each their own.

Just a opinion, from an inexpert source.....

This season started... with our pulling Buck - you know the vet, with the "tailored" game plan.... against the Argos...because they might (and of course would) blitz. We sent them and everyone else a message real early.... that we were soft... and could be taken off our game, almost at will, with no expectations, to being able to cope with it.....

We are now at the half-pole... and sure enough, this team is soft, loses physical battles, commits mental mistakes, and cannot make adjustments or cope with anything the opposition throws at us.   Burke's comments about Buck, are just another example, of the lack of expectations from our coach, and illustrates - the low standard to which our players are held, without any accountability...from both players and coaches.....

As far as Quarterback....our "best chance to win" can't read defences, holds the ball too long, lacks pocket presence, and is a injury risk at virtually any moment.  Nothing like holding ones breath, after even routine hits.  Which is one of the things that may explain why our chances of winning, are not the best.... 

Common wisdom is to keep Burke, till the end of the year.....but with 8 games, left....one begins to wonder... if the potential damage in keeping him on.....is becoming greater, than any possible damage, in letting him go.....

We need to totally re-vamp the offensive line and QB positions. I can't believe Elliott was even marginally successful under these circumstances! We should try and get him back IMO. There's a QB worth changing the O-line for...

Recievers suck too, but I think we're already starting to re-vamp there.

This is such flimsy reasoning. Weak. You can see with your OWN EYES that Buck isn't playing well. Do you also believe everything politicians tell you? Or that lawyers are always telling the truth? I sure hope so, because unless you can show me your law degree or that you're secretly Stephen Harper we should all just close and eyes and accept what they say as gospel.

its a double edged sword.tho.. why do you assume hes lying? i also saw hall and goltz not fair much better.. i assume you did too..

you nor i know EXACTLY what plays were called and/audibles...we also don't know if the o-line executed properly, if the receivers ran the right routes or if the rb blocked the right gap..

so without knowing even half of this info, isn't it safe to assume your simply guessing or going by your own opinion? id take a coaches take on it over your or my own opinion any day... why? guess im just a dumb ole follower (even though I'm probably on par with you or close to it football knowledge wise and after watching the same game)

To be fair, I don't assume he's lying. I assume he's just stupid.

Seriously man, next time you kiss Buck's arse you shouldn't use crazy glue.

No one here is saying that it's "all Buck's fault".  What Mike initially said was that he couldn't believe Burke stated that Buck played well, cause he didn't.  Burke is a complete tool.  How do we know?  1-7 this year...that's how.  Throwing away Elliott, that's how.  Keeping Crowton, that's how.  And those 3 things are just a few of the examples.  He's suppose to be this defensive genius, yet he's not helping his DC out who seems to be struggling.  And don't tell me it's because he doesn't like to micromanage his coaches.  Any moron with half a brain who was losing would say..."Casey, things aren't going well, I'm gonna help you out".  So the whole point of the original post is how Burke is NOT a good coach and seems to be sucking up to Pierce for whatever reason.