Burke: Happy with Buck's play on Saturday

Mike

He's won before. Which means he can win again. And he gives us our best shot to win from who we have. Hard to say what hall gives us since he can't stay healthy.

Okay, I gotta ask -- are you trolling?  Or is this just a prank you're pulling on everyone?  What's the deal here?  It's been a few weeks of this nonsense so I'm curious.  Do you just don't know anything about the game of football?  Do you know what a quarterback is?  To be honest, it seems you really don't know which player on the team is Buck Pierce.  Have you ever actually even seen a Bomber game?  Let me know...

He's won before. Which means he can win again. And he gives us our best shot to win from who we have. Hard to say what hall gives us since he can't stay healthy.

Seriously man, next time you kiss Buck's arse you shouldn't use crazy glue.

No one here is saying that it's "all Buck's fault".  What Mike initially said was that he couldn't believe Burke stated that Buck played well, cause he didn't.  Burke is a complete tool.  How do we know?  1-7 this year...that's how.  Throwing away Elliott, that's how.  Keeping Crowton, that's how.  And those 3 things are just a few of the examples.  He's suppose to be this defensive genius, yet he's not helping his DC out who seems to be struggling.  And don't tell me it's because he doesn't like to micromanage his coaches.  Any moron with half a brain who was losing would say..."Casey, things aren't going well, I'm gonna help you out".  So the whole point of the original post is how Burke is NOT a good coach and seems to be sucking up to Pierce for whatever reason.

We know Burke is a complete fool?  I mean, really, you might as well stop there because nothing else you can write will have any merit when you make a statement like that.  You can argue the merits of his Head Coaching abilities but to flat out say he is a complete fool?  Like Burke has no football knowledge?  Fans get too caught up in the emotion and make silly sweeping statements.

I did not watch the game in detail as I was busy so I went back and forth between the radio and TV.  What I saw was a QB getting his butt kicked the entire game.  What I heard was the media analyzing the game being pretty positive towards Buck's play.  So we have the football media and the head coach saying the same thing.  But they are all wrong because some fans that want instant change disagree?

No one is going to tell you Buck played amazing.  Obviously.  But until you can play without being on your a$$ the entire time, no QB is going to be fairly judged.  I think this season we have a decent idea of Goltz' shortcomings, we know little about Hall (other than he deserves another start) and that Buck is certainly not superman.  But we certainly cannot say we know with any sort of certainty what we have with any of them because we have such a horrible Offence and O-line.

Personally, if I'm calling the shots Buck gets released in the off-season as long as we can bring in a veteran QB.  If not, I'd bring him back at a reduced price as a veteran back up.  If he has coaching abilities, I'd bring him in as a player-coach.  But I wouldn't cut him if our answer is Goltz and two guys we've never heard of.

Seriously man, next time you kiss Buck's arse you shouldn't use crazy glue.

No one here is saying that it's "all Buck's fault".  What Mike initially said was that he couldn't believe Burke stated that Buck played well, cause he didn't.  Burke is a complete tool.  How do we know?  1-7 this year...that's how.  Throwing away Elliott, that's how.  Keeping Crowton, that's how.  And those 3 things are just a few of the examples.  He's suppose to be this defensive genius, yet he's not helping his DC out who seems to be struggling.  And don't tell me it's because he doesn't like to micromanage his coaches.  Any moron with half a brain who was losing would say..."Casey, things aren't going well, I'm gonna help you out".  So the whole point of the original post is how Burke is NOT a good coach and seems to be sucking up to Pierce for whatever reason.

We know Burke is a complete fool?  I mean, really, you might as well stop there because nothing else you can write will have any merit when you make a statement like that.  You can argue the merits of his Head Coaching abilities but to flat out say he is a complete fool?  Like Burke has no football knowledge?  Fans get too caught up in the emotion and make silly sweeping statements.

I did not watch the game in detail as I was busy so I went back and forth between the radio and TV.  What I saw was a QB getting his butt kicked the entire game.  What I heard was the media analyzing the game being pretty positive towards Buck's play.  So we have the football media and the head coach saying the same thing.  But they are all wrong because some fans that want instant change disagree?

No one is going to tell you Buck played amazing.  Obviously.  But until you can play without being on your a$$ the entire time, no QB is going to be fairly judged.  I think this season we have a decent idea of Goltz' shortcomings, we know little about Hall (other than he deserves another start) and that Buck is certainly not superman.  But we certainly cannot say we know with any sort of certainty what we have with any of them because we have such a horrible Offence and O-line.

Personally, if I'm calling the shots Buck gets released in the off-season as long as we can bring in a veteran QB.  If not, I'd bring him back at a reduced price as a veteran back up.  If he has coaching abilities, I'd bring him in as a player-coach.  But I wouldn't cut him if our answer is Goltz and two guys we've never heard of.

Frankly, if you didn't pay attention to the game, your opinion on his performance is irrelevant.

Did Buck get a lot of time from our offensive line? No, not really. But what people want to conveniently ignore when they discuss our OL is that while there is no debating they are not very good, they're also being put under siege by a constantly blitzing defense because of Buck's inability to read the blitz. Really, Buck and the OL have to be lumped together. Buck can't get time because the OL can't protect but the OL can't protect because there isn't a defense in pro football that will have any respect for Pierce as a passer.

Pierce played god awful. He sailed a beach ball to the wide out that turned into a pick six and at the time, the PBP tried to say "Dee Webb baited him" but in reality, it was just a piss poor throw that no QB should have been making. Every time Pierce scrambled to try and extend a play with his feet, he either turned away from his receivers, ran into a defender or hell, even stumbled into one of his own linemen. He's clueless out there. He had 12 completions and 2 of them were for a loss of yards. He sailed balls on guys, threw behind them, threw into the turf and his biggest pass play of the day was to the fullback. God awful.

Pierce played god awful. He sailed a beach ball to the wide out that turned into a pick six and at the time, the PBP tried to say "Dee Webb baited him" but in reality, it was just a piss poor throw that no QB should have been making.

and it's a pass that Buck Pierce has been throwing right to the DBs are whole lot in the last 2 seasons. 

evidence eh? so your an offensive coordinator? no? we got one on the forum? no again? what about a quality control consultant? no again huh?what we do have is a bunch of people with varying yet similar experience levels but no experts..drawn from that what you want..

This is such flimsy reasoning. Weak. You can see with your OWN EYES that Buck isn't playing well. Do you also believe everything politicians tell you? Or that lawyers are always telling the truth? I sure hope so, because unless you can show me your law degree or that you're secretly Stephen Harper we should all just close and eyes and accept what they say as gospel.

its a double edged sword.tho.. why do you assume hes lying? Because he's given me plenty of evidence suggesting I should question his decisions. i also saw hall and goltz not fair much better.. i assume you did too..  "Not fair much better" = better.

you nor i know EXACTLY what plays were called and/audibles...we also don't know if the o-line executed properly, if the receivers ran the right routes or if the rb blocked the right gap.. So?  I don't need to know the exact plays to know that Pierce can't read a blitz and makes terrible decisions on the field.

so without knowing even half of this info, isn't it safe to assume your simply guessing or going by your own opinion? id take a coaches take on it over your or my own opinion any day... why? guess im just a dumb ole follower (even though I'm probably on par with you or close to it football knowledge wise and after watching the same game) For the sake of not personally attacking you I won't reply to this.

As much as I respect Mike's opinion I just question why long time football people disagree with it.

Why do you assume Burke is right?

He's already admitted he doesn't know very much about the finer points of an offense.

He's also already admitted Buck wouldn't likely be on the team if he wasn't such a nice guy, so there's a clear bias.

As much as I respect Mike's opinion I just question why long time football people disagree with it.

He's already admitted he doesn't know very much about the finer points of an offense.

He's also already admitted Buck wouldn't likely be on the team if he wasn't such a nice guy, so there's a clear bias.

Actually he said he didn't know anything about the offense, which makes it even worse when he comments about issues on offense

Maybe he will say something smart like Goltz is the starter for the rest of the season.  And stick to it.

It is going to be an interesting game coming up.  One word, Run Justin, RUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

Especially after watching Reilly get creamed multiple times on Saturday...maybe there's a mercy rule...somewhere in the annals of the CFL rule book...

To say Burke knows nothing about offence is taking his words far to literally.

If any person posting here feels they know something about football offences, then OBVIOUSLY a long time football guy knows something about football offences, even if he is primarily a defensive-minded coach.

Immediately after the game, the media analyzing the game on the post-game show said the same quasi-postive remarks about Buck.  I mean really, between Goltz and Buck does the majority want Goltz to start?  I don't see why.

Hall deserves to start when he's healthy.  Buck should be the back up.

Still want an "unlike" button

You must mean dislike.

I 'liked' your last post and there already is an option to unlike.

Sorry. Yeah, a dislike button.

Buck should either be riding the pine or sitting on a beach.

Still want an "unlike" button

You must mean dislike.

I 'liked' your last post and there already is an option to unlike.

Sorry. Yeah, a dislike button.

Buck should either be riding the pine or sitting on a beach.

Beach??

haHA... Buck going to see a doctor tomorrow - I guess his injury wasn't really 'urgent' -  and Hall missing practice too...  Yawn, its just practice anyway. 

I really hope Buck gets cleared so we can cut him.

Just put Boltus in, by Sunday, he will have as much or more experience with our new offence than any of our current guys.

evidence eh? so your an offensive coordinator? no? we got one on the forum? no again? what about a quality control consultant? no again huh?what we do have is a bunch of people with varying yet similar experience levels but no experts..drawn from that what you want..

This is such flimsy reasoning. Weak. You can see with your OWN EYES that Buck isn't playing well. Do you also believe everything politicians tell you? Or that lawyers are always telling the truth? I sure hope so, because unless you can show me your law degree or that you're secretly Stephen Harper we should all just close and eyes and accept what they say as gospel.
its a double edged sword.tho.. why do you assume hes lying? i also saw hall and goltz not fair much better.. i assume you did too..

you nor i know EXACTLY what plays were called and/audibles...we also don't know if the o-line executed properly, if the receivers ran the right routes or if the rb blocked the right gap..

so without knowing even half of this info, isn't it safe to assume your simply guessing or going by your own opinion? id take a coaches take on it over your or my own opinion any day... why? guess im just a dumb ole follower (even though I'm probably on par with you or close to it football knowledge wise and after watching the same game)

To be fair, I don't assume he's lying. I assume he's just stupid.

lol, ok fair enough.. burkes admitted his knowledge on things offense isnt great.. but id also assume marcel and the offensive guys tell him their opinions..

burke must talk to his oc and offense staff.before talking to the media and explaining his positions tho, no?

i cant imagine he just goes in there and wings it..

burke must talk to his oc and offense staff.before talking to the media and explaining his positions tho, no?

i cant imagine he just goes in there and wings it..

Burke does wing it...he is a wing nut...guess you haven't been listening to him all season