Odds and Sods - Game 1 - Bombers at Riders

Who got called for the bonehead illegal block causing Veltung's return TD to be nullified?

It was a really clean return with lanes open and pure speed.

On the replay, it looked like Cronk or Pontbriand crashed a Rider from behind but I don't want to point fingers at an innocent bystander.

Anyone get a good look to ID the guilty party? We had too many of those ST penalties las year and you'd hope MOS and the other coaches would lay down the law.

Who got called for the bonehead illegal block causing Veltung's return TD to be nullified?

On the replay, it looked like Cronk or Pontbriand crashed a Rider from behind but I don't want to point fingers at an innocent bystander.

Anyone get a good look to ID the guilty party? We had too many of those ST penalties las year and you'd hope MOS and the other coaches would lay down the law.

It was Pontbriand.

It was Pontbriand.

Right at the point of attack too, without that illegal block there may not have been much of a return to regret.

It was Pontbriand.

Right at the point of attack too, without that illegal block there may not have been much of a return to regret.

No it wasn't, it happened in the middle of the field and by then veltung had already picked left side and was motoring..

It was Pontbriand.

Your definition of "point of attack" is certainly different from mine .. Pontbriand was about 10 yards away from the returner when he engaged the Rider player .. really didn't need to touch him at that point as there was already a decent seam for Veltung to hit.

It was Pontbriand.

Your definition of "point of attack" is certainly different from mine .. Pontbriand was about 10 yards away from the returner when he engaged the Rider player .. really didn't need to touch him at that point as there was already a decent seam for Veltung to hit.

Yeah that penalty was completely unnecessary and contributed nothing to the return.  Take away that penalty and the right call being made on the Demski safety and this game wouldn't have been nearly as close.

It was away from the Play, Veltung was already gone pretty much at that point but like JBR said in another thread, the bombers did manage to score a TD on the following drive.

But yeah, maybe if the refs caught the illegal block on washington by smith i think on Messams big TD run, it wouldn't have been as close as it seemed. 

A lot of shocking things in that game really, the TOP being so close was very surprising, to me it seemed like the bombers definitely controlled the game, They would drive down field, only 1 2 and out, i mean i dunno, but apparently it was very close, only a minute or so apart, but watching the game twice even, It certainly appeared as tho the bombers dominated time of possession.