Bombers working on trade for Evan Gill?

I'm just guessing but how about Chris Greaves for Evan Gill and Ticats 2016 first rounder?

Even for a second rounder (and Evan Gill - a 1st round pick).... I think it's a good deal. ;)

But Kyle maybe looking for another (NI) player instead of a 2016 draft pick..

I'm just guessing but how about Chris Greaves for Evan Gill and Ticats 2016 first rounder?

Even for a second rounder (and Evan Gill) I think it's a good deal. ;)

But Kyle maybe looking for another (NI) player instead of a draft pick.

I just proposed that because Walters lost the 2016 first rounder in getting Waggoner. But I agree; replace the first for a second rounder and it's still probably a trade I'd make.

Did some inquiring this morning / last night ... still waiting to hear back from a few but the sense I got was that this is nothing serious. Don't want to suggest the rumor is false, so I won't plus you really do just never know, but it's nothing the usual suspects knew about. What I do know is that Hamilton and Winnipeg have been having talks since way back just prior to the draft, so maybe something comes from those.

That being said - I've had a few people tell me the sense around the league is that Evan Gill could be had for pretty cheap - he's somewhat damaged goods and won't return anywhere near the first rounder Hamilton spent on him. Keep in mind, they spent a late first rounder on him in one of the weaker drafts in years. My guess is you could probably have him for a third or fourth rounder (with a special teamer thrown in for optics maybe)

With the Bombers having a wealth of Import DTs, I am guessing we will be rotating 3 import DTs on the line so Thomas maybe a waste of roster spot.

If the rumor is true, I would think Thomas will be involve with this, a rotational DL (Thomas) for a damaged/future player (Gill) and probably a ST player (Prime?), a backup Rec (Aprille?) or a mid-rounder (just like what Mike said) will do it.

Of course, everyone knows I dont have a clue. :D

I just proposed that because Walters lost the 2016 first rounder in getting Waggoner. But I agree; replace the first for a second rounder and it's still probably a trade I'd make.

Greaves is a proven starting NI.  Gill + 2nd rounder is not enough value.  First rounder was closer.  One proven for two unprovens with projected high potential.

Greaves is a proven starting NI.  Gill + 2nd rounder is not enough value.  First rounder was closer.  One proven for two unprovens with projected high potential.

This seems to have been simmering on the back burner for awhile, so if the rumour persists, it probably has some basis in fact. We would also seem to have an excess of NI DB/linebacker candidates, so they might figure into the deal.

I personally do not think this rumor has any legs.

Walters was probably kicking the tires on a Gill deal a while back.  Or trying to get Hamilton to kick the tires on a Gill deal.

The Greaves part is just us throwing poop at a wall.

Could the signing be a precursor to a trade?  Sign and trade deal?

I highly doubt it. What would be the point? Why let someone else control your contract negotiations.

Only benefit is if the trade recipient felt wary over giving up something for a player they might not be able to sign, even as a conditional trade.  Doesn't seem likely in this case as Gill was always said to want to play for the Bombers.