LB Kyle Norris

DB Donovan Alexander

WR Brett Carter

LB Mike Cornell

OL Gord Hinse

LB Kyle Jones

LB Rene Stephan

DL Ryan Lucas

If the Bombers had him ahead of Ackie and Waud on their draft board then I'm on board with this.

"We can't believe this player was still available with our pick, we had him rated as the best player in the draft the whole time"

Things every GM everywhere says after a draft. I think it applies here too. Doing a sell job for public consumption. Obviously they like the guy enough to give up a first round pick but I'm not getting super pumped because they're blowing a ton of smoke up his ass right now. 

If the Bombers had him ahead of Ackie and Waud on their draft board then I'm on board with this.

"We can't believe this player was still available with our pick, we had him rated as the best player in the draft the whole time"

Things every GM everywhere says after a draft. I think it applies here too. Doing a sell job for public consumption. Obviously they like the guy enough to give up a first round pick but I'm not getting super pumped because they're blowing a ton of smoke up his ass right now. 

True - but they didn't say it.

I know tapes don't show much, but he seems to have pretty good lateral speed..

A little small IMO.

6'1' 225 is small? :o

Never looked up his numbers, but just based on what he looked like on film. Although I thought the camera added 10lbs?!

Would the Bombers potentially look at giving Waggoner reps at safety and moving Leggett to SAM?

Leggett is definitely physical enough to play closer to the LoS .. it would give us a tonne of flexibility with NIs potentially starting at WIL, CB and S as a lot of these guys can take reps at multiple positions 

Would the Bombers potentially look at giving Waggoner reps at safety and moving Leggett to SAM?

Leggett is definitely physical enough to play closer to the LoS .. it would give us a tonne of flexibility with NIs potentially starting at WIL, CB and S as a lot of these guys can take reps at multiple positions 

And you have depth behind the starter in each case. Why we did not go DL at 11. This is how there roster is going to be built with Canadians playing at CB/LB/S

I suggested this possibility a few weeks ago before the draft. It wasn't a popular opinion, but is one that makes even more sense to me now. A Waggoner/Newman safety spot makes more sense to me then them competing at WIL. I, also, think Leggett would make a great SAM.

The bottom 6 Canadians have had a major upgrade in only a year. Hopefully we start seeing some top end talent out of these guys.

The bottom 6 Canadians have had a major upgrade in only a year. Hopefully we start seeing some top end talent out of these guys.

I predict that there's going to be some table scraps coming out of this T.C. that never hit the floor.  Sherman, Hurl, Newman and now Waggoner all fighting for the same jobs.

Waggoner, Hurl, Newman, Briggs, Morgan, Bucknor, Jones, Sherman

... that is a lot of talent on defense. I can't imagine we keep it all together and I doubt every single one of these guys meets the hype but it sure beats throwing Rene Bandaid and Neil McKinlay out there.

Sherman is borderline, Hurl is borderline, Bucknor is 30 (old for a CB), none of the rest have shown they can start.

And you forgot Westerman and Thomas.

I suggested this possibility a few weeks ago before the draft. It wasn't a popular opinion, but is one that makes even more sense to me now. A Waggoner/Newman safety spot makes more sense to me then them competing at WIL. I, also, think Leggett would make a great SAM.

I agree that the Bomber should look at playing a NAT in the S position however I don't think Leggett would be a good SAM he is only 186 LBs, he might be a good DB or CB ?

Yes a first round draft is a high price but it obviously means that someone else went in with a "second rounder" bid and we did what we did to get Waggoner. The Bombers were not the only ones who thought high of him as we was paraded in front of 4 teams prior to this draft. I just don't know anything about him as Duane Forde didn't start fawning over him until a couple of days ago!!! LOL

I don't see us starting a Canadian at safety.  Let's just slow down.  We didn't just draft a starter, and if we did, he is taking the spot of Hurl, not an American.

Not necessarily. He may be taking Bucknor or JFGs spot as a starter. Further to that, he is not taking the spot of an American, he would be allowing us to put a veteran import elsewhere in the lineup. Hurl's job is not the one on the line.

Waggoner, Hurl, Newman, Briggs, Morgan, Bucknor, Jones, Sherman

... that is a lot of talent on defense. I can't imagine we keep it all together and I doubt every single one of these guys meets the hype but it sure beats throwing Rene Bandaid and Neil McKinlay out there.

Only need 2 or 3 to meet the hype. The others can be SP teams demons.

I don't see us starting a Canadian at safety.  Let's just slow down.  We didn't just draft a starter, and if we did, he is taking the spot of Hurl, not an American.

Not necessarily. He may be taking Bucknor or JFGs spot as a starter. Further to that, he is not taking the spot of an American, he would be allowing us to put a veteran import elsewhere in the lineup. Hurl's job is not the one on the line.

He won't play safety in the CFL.

I agree that the Bomber should look at playing a NAT in the S position however I don't think Leggett would be a good SAM he is only 186 LBs, he might be a good DB or CB ?

What does him being 186 pounds have to do with anything? Chip Cox is listed at 185 and he's one of the best linebackers in the league.

I think you put too much weight on a guy's measurables.

Leggett is physical for his size. If you can handle the physical demands of being a S, you can handle the physical demands of being a SAM.