Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

59 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The Rock was the highest paid actor in Hollywood last year, wasn't he??!! How on earth can you say the guy's not a draw...

Highest salary, I think, over the course of the year.  Meaning, total salary, not per film.  Although he obviously is a high per-film earner.  But he works a ton.  I dont know how he manages his schedule.

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Highest salary, I think, over the course of the year.  Meaning, total salary, not per film.  Although he obviously is a high per-film earner.  But he works a ton.  I dont know how he manages his schedule.

My understanding is he's the highest rate-per-film actor in Hollywood today, but I shall google......

*edit*

It may have been overall take, and not per-film......and he's since been beat by Marky Mark.....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2017/08/22/the-worlds-highest-paid-actors-2017-mark-wahlberg-leads-with-68-million/#2854a6e83f92

Edited by Noeller

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He has a starring role in the new Bumblebee film.  So he's going to start getting these roles.  He was fine in Trainwreck.  I believe he has a starring role in Daddy's Home 2 as well.

I thought he was one of the best parts of Trainwreck.  Maybe not a leading man yet but certainly fun to watch.

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The Rock is the #1 action star right now,   no question he is a draw.  

Cena... most people have no idea who he is.   He would be more likely to star in the direct to video sequels of any Rock movies...

That's an over-statement.  His roles in upcoming films, including a Transformers spin off show the studio's consider him bankable.  I dont think he'd carry a big budget superhero film though.  But he's probably around where Rock was for The Rundown or Walking Tall.  Going to get some leads and see if he can carry them.

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

The Rock was the highest paid actor in Hollywood last year, wasn't he??!! How on earth can you say the guy's not a draw...

Baywatch

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Rumoured polot of Bond 25:

Been there done that. Make him middle aged Bond which is what he really is.

40 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yowza

This is a good thing but i dont think they would do this unless they had a back up ready to go...maybe back to JJ or one of the Marvel guys or even Rian again?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well one can only assume there were major issues. He did have a hand in writing the script so they must have liked much of it. But to order a re-write at this late stage. 

I suspect they sold it as a punch up. But the new script was making major changes and he balked. 

I do not think production even began yet.

It's in pre production with principal shooting to begin in January. So it's close. 

Word is Johnson might be enlisted to direct 9 now. Originally he was going to write and direct both 8 & 9 but then just 8 but submit a treatment for 9. But his treatment wasn't used. 

Rumour has it trevorrow and Kennedy did not get along. 

Some rampant speculation about Star Wars is making the rounds.  They had brought on a new writer to re-write Colin's script just last month.  It sounds like Leia factored heavily into a Kylo redemption arc.  But LucasFilm doesnt want to recast or CGI Leia.  So... they tried to re-work the script.  I'd suspect that either Colin was opposed to the new direction or even the new writer was having trouble making it work.  The speculation is, the redemption arc wasnt working without Leia.

Rian Johnson is top of the list to take over.  Which makes sense since he's already working there.  It will be interesting to eventually hear how the story changes after Carrie died.  How do you replace the key role her character was to have?  Do you essentially move Luke into that role?

21 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Whats interesting is, everyone assumed it was

Spoiler

Luke

If that is even a spoiler at this point.  Because of

Spoiler

Luke being called the Last Jedi in TFA's crawl.

But, what threw suspicion on it was that

Spoiler

over-seas translations used plural for the "Jedi" translation, implying the intent was more than one.

Oh well.  I think it still has double meaning.

Went and saw IT this afternoon, overall it was decent. Pretty much the knock I had on the original was it was made for TV so when gore scenes and whatnot were about to occur it would cut to black (commercial) at least in this they went all out.  I do think the original Pennywise was better than this remake but they certainly made this one a little more creepy in everything from his eyes to the way he would appear time and again.

The script while for a lot of the movie was true to the original, I thought they did a good job adding in some more modern dialog and it pays off for a mouthy character like Richie. He got several laughs out of me as the movie went along.

They did a nice job adding in some new elements while respecting the original so that gets a thumbs up for me. It's not really a scary movie for the desensitized such as myself who are pretty rabid horror movie fans, so the shock and awe of the big screen doesn't really cut it. I'd say watch it but up to you if you wanna spend money or just wait. Either way works.