Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It had to be JJ or RJ.  I liked TFA so JJ completing the story makes sense.  I imagine it will be sufficiently recognizable, feel good and fit within the over-all franchise story.  Plus, he seemed to "get it" eventually, that Kathleen Kennedy is the boss.

Lens flares baby!

JJ is also re-writing the film with Chris Terrio.  Terrio wrote the awful Batman vs Superman.  But also wrote Argo.  He also re-wrote The Batman and wrote Justice League.  Hopefully BvS is not the direction they take Star Wars.  In Terrio's defense he was re-writing someone else's script.

But this sounds like its back to the drawing board for Star Wars 9.  Which is interesting as thats what happened with TFA when JJ came on board.  He discarded the scripts that had been written and started over with Kasdan.  I wish Kasdan was back for 9.  But now that the voices of the characters are established, maybe they dont need him.

I don't like JJ as the director for 9.  I'd much prefer Rian.  I liked TFA, but JJ tends to be a little safe when he makes movies and cleans everything up too well at the end of the movie.

Although I will say, he's a better choice then Colin.

Edited by Logan007

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I saw IT last night.  I had only just seen the original a few months ago.  And I liked the original.  But the remake is great!  Super creepy.  I was not sure about Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise but he is really good.  The kids are all good. 

Good film!

Are the scares more of the creepy scares or are they more of the scene is quiet and followed by a loud noise?     I'm debating on bringing my wife but she tends to dig her claws in whenever she watches a scary movie with the cheap scare tactics.   My arm cannot take the abuse lol..

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Are the scares more of the creepy scares or are they more of the scene is quiet and followed by a loud noise?     I'm debating on bringing my wife but she tends to dig her claws in whenever she watches a scary movie with the cheap scare tactics.   My arm cannot take the abuse lol..

Both. 

I don't usually fall for jump scares but they got me a few times. 

And plenty of creepy scenes too. It's genuinely a good scary movie. And I normally don't care for scary movies because they aren't scary. This is a good one.  

Edited by The Unknown Poster

Saw IT tonight. Pretty cool movie. During the previews tho... Flatliners remake coming soon. That was a great movie. Hopefully the new one lives up to the original. IT certainly did. I actually didnt find IT to be very scary at all... Just creepy. Really good tho.. And at the end it says... IT Chapter 1 so i wonder if chaper 2 coming soon or if its gonna be a while. 

Edited by Goalie

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

Saw IT tonight. Pretty cool movie. During the previews tho... Flatliners remake coming soon. That was a great movie. Hopefully the new one lives up to the original. IT certainly did. I actually didnt find IT to be very scary at all... Just creepy. Really good tho.. And at the end it says... IT Chapter 1 so i wonder if chaper 2 coming soon or if its gonna be a while. 

I'm assuming chapter 2 will be the adult versions of them making good on their vow to return to Derry if IT returns. Though TBH it was the flash backs for each of them which made the original so compelling IMO. Now that they have 100% concluded that by simply making a 1 real time movie of the actual events of their childhood(s) I don't know how good the second will be if it's strictly them 27 years later. The only things I could see as appealing in that case is who they get to play the adult versions (the original had John Ritter, Harry Anderson and Annette O'Tool for example) and to see what new antics Pennywise will have for them a second go round

Interesting tidbit the original was shot in Vancouver while this remake was shot in Toronto (which explains why it went from a heavily wooded setting to a pretty barren backdrop). Must be pretty cheap to film in Canada vs the US. IT reportedly only cost them $35m to make and as of the 13th had grossed $151m in the US alone

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Directors already talking about IT2. So it looks like it gonna happen.

15 hours ago, Goalie said:

Yes they split the film into two parts. The original had both the kids and the adults story. Chapter 2 will be the adults.