Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

8 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'm assuming chapter 2 will be the adult versions of them making good on their vow to return to Derry if IT returns. Though TBH it was the flash backs for each of them which made the original so compelling IMO. Now that they have 100% concluded that by simply making a 1 real time movie of the actual events of their childhood(s) I don't know how good the second will be if it's strictly them 27 years later. The only things I could see as appealing in that case is who they get to play the adult versions (the original had John Ritter, Harry Anderson and Annette O'Tool for example) and to see what new antics Pennywise will have for them a second go round

Interesting tidbit the original was shot in Vancouver while this remake was shot in Toronto (which explains why it went from a heavily wooded setting to a pretty barren backdrop). Must be pretty cheap to film in Canada vs the US. IT reportedly only cost them $35m to make and as of the 13th had grossed $151m in the US alone

There will still be flashbacks in the second chapter. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There will still be flashbacks in the second chapter. 

Flashbacks of what? a rehash of the first movie? if that's the case it really doesn't offer much to the next movie. At least in the original they start off as adults and as they are informed of IT returning they have that epiphany as to what they had buried in their memories once they left Derry through flashbacks.  Since we just watched everything (at least should be everything) that transpired to them as kids it seems redundant to show us the same stuff again.

Personally if I was making another IT movie it would be a prequel to Pennywise's origins. That would be about as good as they could do given the way they remade it this time around

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Flashbacks of what? a rehash of the first movie? if that's the case it really doesn't offer much to the next movie. At least in the original they start off as adults and as they are informed of IT returning they have that epiphany as to what they had buried in their memories once they left Derry through flashbacks.  Since we just watched everything (at least should be everything) that transpired to them as kids it seems redundant to show us the same stuff again.

Personally if I was making another IT movie it would be a prequel to Pennywise's origins. That would be about as good as they could do given the way they remade it this time around

Word is there will be flashbacks of scenes filmed but not shows in the first movie. Something related to the house fire etc 

The new Terminator will be a sequel to T2 and ignore the ones that came after it.  Makes sense.  I assume given Hamilton and Arnold's ages that Judgement Day will not have come and it will be some years later (like modern time) and we get more info on how Skynet came to be.  Cameron talked about wanting to explain why the Terminator's look like Arnold.  One thing I always wanted them to pick up on was how similar Arnold in T3 was to T2.  I guess it wont matter now, but they showed him exhibiting some of the traits he "learned" in T2.  I always thought there was meant to be something to the idea it was the SAME guy.

In JLA news, Zack Snyder will not be returning at all.  He was supposed to return to finish the film in post production, editing etc.  But wont be back.  Supposedly what Snyder left for Whedon was such a mess, it required extensive re-writes and re-shoots to the extent Whedon is getting a writers credit.

And there is a hot rumor about Han Solo...that a certain Dark Lord of the Sith appears in that film.  Some think this is gimmicky.  I like it. 

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

In JLA news, Zack Snyder will not be returning at all.  He was supposed to return to finish the film in post production, editing etc.  But wont be back.  Supposedly what Snyder left for Whedon was such a mess, it required extensive re-writes and re-shoots to the extent Whedon is getting a writers credit.

Whedon at this point would be getting co-directors credit as well.

I harbor no ill feelings for ZS at this point in his life.

7 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Whedon has cut Lex Luthor from the Justice League film.  Which is great news because Eisenberg sucked.

Agree with your point about Eisenberg in BvS but to remove the character is a bad move imo. I get he's not the focal antagonist for this film but he is usually a critical part of everything superman/justice league in some way. I would have just wrote him a small part where he's dealing with Doomsday or Steppenwolf to obtain some tech from Apocalypse and eventually forms the Legion of Doom or something in the aftermath of this movie.  But DC has been suckin some balls with getting their **** together so that is just wishful thinking on my part

10 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Agree with your point about Eisenberg in BvS but to remove the character is a bad move imo. I get he's not the focal antagonist for this film but he is usually a critical part of everything superman/justice league in some way. I would have just wrote him a small part where he's dealing with Doomsday or Steppenwolf to obtain some tech from Apocalypse and eventually forms the Legion of Doom or something in the aftermath of this movie.  But DC has been suckin some balls with getting their **** together so that is just wishful thinking on my part

Easy, bring in Lex Sr.

29 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Easy, bring in Lex Sr.

that would be brilliant.  Retroactively make Eisenberg the loser son of the real evil genius.

11 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Well, last we saw him, he was in prison so it could make perfect sense not to see him.  Odds are the character has to return at some point.

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

On the list of things that sucked about Batman vs. Superman Jesse Eisenberg's performance  was way down the list. 

I'd put it near the top.  It was terrible.  If everything else had been great, that performance would still render the film unlikely to be watched a second time. 

Realistically the worst thing about the film of Snyder.  because everything wrong was directly from him, script, direction, casting .

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'd put it near the top.  It was terrible.  If everything else had been great, that performance would still render the film unlikely to be watched a second time. 

Realistically the worst thing about the film of Snyder.  because everything wrong was directly from him, script, direction, casting .

Yup, definitely one of my top five hated things about the movie.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So you're blaming the actor for the role that was written? 

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So you're blaming the actor for the role that was written? 

As I mentioned, Im blaming Snyder the most.  But yes, of course you can blame an actor that sucks for sucking.  He plays the same character with the same weird inflections and ticks in every role.  He was terribly miscast which is Snyder's fault.  But when I say Im glad the actor was cut its not personal.  I dont know him.  it encompasses the entire performance.  And acting is a collaboration, including with the actor.

4 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Easy, bring in Lex Sr.

Was he alive? Thought they said he was dead.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I think the role was bad and no actor could have saved it so therefore I am not willing to put the blame on Eisenberg.

I like Eisenberg but didnt like the Lex character.

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-zack-snyder/

Wonder who he was supposed to play originally? Olsen? The Senator? The #1 henchman?

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Was he alive? Thought they said he was dead.

I like Eisenberg but didnt like the Lex character.

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-zack-snyder/

Wonder who he was supposed to play originally? Olsen? The Senator? The #1 henchman?

I don't believe they ever mention he was dead.  But there's a lot of people who have been saying they should bring in Lex Sr.

I hate Eisenberg and I hated the Lex Jr character.