Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Now word is Gotham City Sirens is being replaced by a Joker/Harley Quinn movie.  Gal Gadot has come out to say the Justice League re-shoots by Whedon arent that major even though others have said they are.

Damn it WB!

Reshoots have never bothered me. A Joker/Harley Quinn origin film could be good if done ala Natural Born Killers. Least that might be the way I would do it.

Just to clarify what Reeves said about Batman.  He's responded to the rumors:

Jeez, what'd I miss, guys...? ? Just to be clear: Of COURSE Batman will be part of the D.C. Universe. Batman will be BATMAN...

11:19 AM - 24 Aug 2017

In my comments from a while back about not being part of the DCEU, I was talking about The Batman being a story specifically about Batman...

11:20 AM - 24 Aug 2017

...not about the others in the Universe. That it wouldn't be filled with cameos servicing other stories -- that it would be a BATMAN story.

11:20 AM - 24 Aug 2017

Edited by Logan007

On 8/22/2017 at 2:11 PM, Taynted_Fayth said:

Went and saw The Hitman's Bodyguard this afternoon. Probably best movie i've seen in quite some time. Reynolds and Sam Jackson have an amazing chemistry. Tons of laughs, action and a decent story. I'd be very disappointed if they don't take a stab at a sequel to this. I'd highly recommend checking it out.

Saw this Friday night and agree. Very funny movie.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

This Chan/Brosnan thing actually looks okay, but I'm really weirded out by Chan doing something serious and Brosnan's Irish accent......

yeah over all the trailer looked decent enough to check out.  The storyline seems like a retread of so many other movies tho. Butt hurt dad out for justice who happens to be some ex-black ops covert.  I'm more interested in seeing how Chan does in a serious role as so many of his movies are always slap-stick or accompanied by some loud mouth side kick

On 8/28/2017 at 8:15 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

What a crock.  If you cast any other colored person that was portrayed as a white person in the comics, it's ok.  But if you cast a white person as a colored person in the comics...WOAH.  WHITEWASHING.  Give me a break.

On 7/27/2017 at 0:14 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Further complicating the Justice League re-shoots is that Henry Cavill is currently filming Mission Impossible and has a mustache which Paramount will not allow him to shave to accommodate the JL re-shoots.

Well with Tom out a month with broken ankle(?) I guess he can shave it off.

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Interesting cause The Rock is Black Adam. 

" Plot details on Shazam remain under wraps, however, the New Line Cinema production which will be produced in conjunction with Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment, will not feature Black Adam (Dwayne Johnson) as the villain. "

No Rock at least not yet.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Interesting cause The Rock is Black Adam.  

I would prefer Sasse over Cena TBH. The inevitable Shazam vs Black Adam showdown will happen, and having 2 wrestlers (current or former) I think will take away froom the characters and have fans expecting a people's elbow or a 5 knuckle shuffle.

If these 2 characters are to be included in the DCU down the road I think it would have been better to get someone similar to Cavill's size. Shazam and Black Adam both are about the size of Superman.  If I had done the casting and it was a priority to find a role for Cena and the Rock,  I probably would have made Cena Darkseid and the Rock as Bane 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

" Plot details on Shazam remain under wraps, however, the New Line Cinema production which will be produced in conjunction with Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment, will not feature Black Adam (Dwayne Johnson) as the villain. "

No Rock at least not yet.

The plan is to keep them apart before bringing them together I think.  It would be a bit of a risk of both the headliners are wrestlers. Rock is a proven draw. Cena not so much. 

GIven the sheer number of movies he's in and the fact that he keeps getting cast in damned near everything yeah i would say The Rock is viewed as a proven draw. He is certainly a much more known commodity than Cena. Quite frankly I always found Cena boring as all hell but The Rock is THE most electrifying man in all sports entertainment!

14 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well known...yes but proven draw? Not sure i would go there. F&F don't count.

Rock's average movie draw is $107 million with an open average of $39 million.  He's a draw. 

Interesting story too.  After he had initial success and was considered the next big thing, his management had him move away from his "Rock" persona and drop weight.  So you had that "skinny" Duane era.  His box office began to flatline.  He fired his people and his ex wife became his manager, he bulked back up and made a deal with Vince for "The Rock" name and rehabilitated his career.