Round 1 - Game 1 : Jets @ Anaheim

The story so far...

1. Pav to start

2. Underdogs and who does not love the underdog

3. Everyone healthy pretty much

4A. Ducks 3-0 vs Jets this year including 2 extra time wins over Pavelec

4B. No shootouts in the playoffs

T-0 Solid rocket booster ignition and liftoff!

shuttle-launch-2-o.gif

Game time is Thursday 930PM. See you in chat.

Really too bad we're saddled with Sportsnet's crew in the playoffs. I wonder if Damien Cox will even leave toronto to cover the series? I think we should induate his inbox with specific Jets questions... See the comedic responses.

"Induate"...... Inundate?

As with most, if not all, series this one will be decided by the goalies. Which Pavs do we see? Just continue that hot streak and we got this series!

The last few playoffs have shown that goal-tending is not the be all and end all that it used to be. Good goal-tending helps, but teams of this era seem to generate more quality scoring chances. The days where the likes of Broduer and Hasek can control a series are over.  

Ducks played in a much easier division getting to play teams like Arizona and Edmonton a few more times, we played in a division where every team, EVERY ONE OF THEM, finished with 90 points or more. Ducks were killing it earlier in the year, running away with it, thought they'd be presidents trophy winners at one point but something happened there, they haven't played as well recently,  their goaltending is just as questionable as ours, Gibson hasn't been so good this year and Anderson is hot and cold, Who is even starting for them? They don't even know. I think we match up well vs the DUCKS, we played that playoff style, tight checking hard hitting, good D game most of the season, ducks didn't... Ducks tend to choke in the playoffs and when the going gets tough, guys like Perry and Getzlaf are known to become hotheads and get out of control doing more harm than good for the DUCKS. I dunno, head says Ducks win but.. Heart says Jets shock some people here and take it in 6 games. 

I dunno, this is gonna be a good series and i'm gonna predict that the winner of this series goes to the western conference finals regardless of who wins between calgary and vancouver, If we win our next opponent would be the winner of the calgary/vancouver series. Get by the ducks and we could easily make it to the conference finals vs one of Minny St Louis or Chicago I'm guessing. 

Part of me thinks us and St Louis are destined to meet in these playoffs and the only way that happens is in the western conference finals. 

I see the Jets home games will be starting about 1 hour later than usual.

Really too bad we're saddled with Sportsnet's crew in the playoffs. I wonder if Damien Cox will even leave toronto to cover the series? I think we should induate his inbox with specific Jets questions... See the comedic responses.

Oh crap! I hate Sportsnet. Now I'm going to have to temporarily suspend my "any Rogers I have to pay extra for" boycott. 

I don't think it's a Sportsnet decision, I think it's a league decision re: start times. S'all about TV numbers. Think of it this way, even if the game's were on at 2am central you'd have a huge Wpg audience. But a 5pm ANA start for the games in Wpg.... that would be brutal. This way, they're watching games 3/4 at 6 and 6:30... little more reasonable.

I don't think it's a Sportsnet decision, I think it's a league decision re: start times. S'all about TV numbers. Think of it this way, even if the game's were on at 2am central you'd have a huge Wpg audience. But a 5pm ANA start for the games in Wpg.... that would be brutal. This way, they're watching games 3/4 at 6 and 6:30... little more reasonable.

the networks want double-headers, and, quite simply, this is how they're going to go about getting 2 games in a night.

Moving on from the network hate. For some real analysis who do they play against Getzlaf and Perry or do they even bother matching lines. I would assume they would probably want Myers on against that line with the forwards being Ladd Little and Frolik or the Lowery line.

Someone who is more familiar with the Ducks, how deep are they?  It seems they have higher end offensive talent than us, but arent we the deeper team through four lines? 

The more I read, the more I think Ill feel disappointed if we dont beat them.  I think the Jets are better.  I am concerned about nerves and goaltending.  If the team plays their game and we get good goaltending, we should win.

Im looking forward to how the coaching staff game plans this too.