Round 1 - Game 1 : Jets @ Anaheim

It's been said that if our goaltending is steady, if our discipline is maintained, and the Jets can attack with the same ferocity as they've been doing - in other words - if they have all their ducks in a row, then victory should be attained, maybe even, in six games.

You weren't even trying, were you.
Lord love a duck. How could you say such a thing?

It was too subtle.  ;)

Subtlety slides off my tongue and oozes from my fingers like water off a duck's back.

Someone who is more familiar with the Ducks, how deep are they?

Uh...first place in the conference deep!

Just because their top line is a monster doesn't mean they're a one-line wonder.  They also have Lowrys and Stempniaks on their team.

And as strange as it sounds, I consider Ryan Getzlaf underrated.  If cups were won on the sheer willpower of a team's captain...well the season would never end, as Getzlaf, Toews and Dustin Brown would be beating each other to death for eternity.  Outside of knocking him out of the series with an injury, there is no amount of physicality that the Jets D can bring that will get Getzlaf to change his game.

That said, Getzlaf normally plays setup man for Perry, and Perry can be taken off his game.  Setup without the finish will work just fine for the Jets.

I agree with this guy. ^^^

Jacquie, look who picked the Jets to be in quarter finals

https://twitter.com/amellywood/status/588247792369401857

Not just the quarterfinals. His bracket has the Jets playing the Blues in the conference final.

Between Arrow, his charity work, his fan interaction and now this, how can you not love the guy.

Yeah i know but orlesky tweeted that out, i was like WTF, everything i've seen is just maintenance. She's been wrong before tho. She didn't exactly provide any context to the tweet so i'm assuming it was just for the practice this morning. 

I know it's early. But I can't believe how the guys you'd expect to show up the most just disappeared tonight. Where's the character of Ladd and Buff? You've hot Scheif, Lowry and Trouba all kids playing their hearts out (bad penalty notwithstanding) and the leaders don't even get off the bus.

Perreault needs to play Saturday. Period. I'm just so disappointed in these guys. Inexcusable.

Really seems like Ladd has a groin injury or something, he hasn't been himself for about 8-10 games now

Enstrom is just too small to have on the ice against Getzlaf and Perry.

Battling until Chiarot's penalty, not much hitting after that.

Trouba and Chiarot were our only D to show up, Scheif line played well.

Maybe Buff should be our third line winger...

Stupid, selfish penalties (hi Mark Scheifele), defensive zone turnovers (hi Andrew Ladd - Where have you been the past month), and your best player being invisible (hi Dustin Byfuglien) against the best team in the conference makes for a very short series.

Penalties killed us. Stupid penalties.