Round 1 - Game 1 : Jets @ Anaheim

Been asking similar questions and people tell me that Anaheim's D and G are slightly questionable, but their top-end offensive talent isn't matched. If Getzlaf/Perry want to put on God-Mode, then they're virtually unstoppable. If you can find a way to contain them, though...........

Jets have better special teams and Ducks can take questionable penalties (like the Jets).  i've seen people say that Getzlaf and Perry can get frustrated and riled up which takes them off their game and prone to penalties.  Will be interesting to see if we can needle them to death.

Will our Powerplay ever see Myers and Buff together, either on the point or one in front of the net?  Imagine those two bodies cycling around, changing places between point and net front.

It will be exciting to see if Buff can be the same player he was for Chicago in the Playoffs.

I don't think it's a Sportsnet decision, I think it's a league decision re: start times. S'all about TV numbers. Think of it this way, even if the game's were on at 2am central you'd have a huge Wpg audience. But a 5pm ANA start for the games in Wpg.... that would be brutal. This way, they're watching games 3/4 at 6 and 6:30... little more reasonable.

Living in the same time zone as Anaheim, I happen to like the 5:00 pm starts. Actually, 4:00 pm is even better, just adds another hour to Crown Royal time.

That will be another interesting aspect.  Buff likes D obviously and the D pairings in practice today give some clue as to what the playoffs will bring but it will be hard for the Jets not to look at Buff's success during that run and not get him in front of the net.  The good news is, as a D, Buff still likes to be deep in the offensive zone so Im sure there will be times where a forward slips to the point and Buff b-lines it right to the front.  If the Jets get down does he switch.

I really think this series is a pick 'em. Anaheim has more star power, but we're red-hot, and Anaheim's record is inflated by the crappy teams in the Pacific.

I think it boils down to one guy. If we have SuperPav, we win. If we have ClarkKentPav, we lose.

It's been said that if our goaltending is steady, if our discipline is maintained, and the Jets can attack with the same ferocity as they've been doing - in other words - if they have all their ducks in a row, then victory should be attained, maybe even, in six games.

It's been said that if our goaltending is steady, if our discipline is maintained, and the Jets can attack with the same ferocity as they've been doing - in other words - if they have all their ducks in a row, then victory should be attained, maybe even, in six games.

You weren't even trying, were you.

Lord love a duck. How could you say such a thing?

Someone who is more familiar with the Ducks, how deep are they?

Uh...first place in the conference deep!

Just because their top line is a monster doesn't mean they're a one-line wonder.  They also have Lowrys and Stempniaks on their team.

And as strange as it sounds, I consider Ryan Getzlaf underrated.  If cups were won on the sheer willpower of a team's captain...well the season would never end, as Getzlaf, Toews and Dustin Brown would be beating each other to death for eternity.  Outside of knocking him out of the series with an injury, there is no amount of physicality that the Jets D can bring that will get Getzlaf to change his game.

That said, Getzlaf normally plays setup man for Perry, and Perry can be taken off his game.  Setup without the finish will work just fine for the Jets.

Lord love a duck. How could you say such a thing?

It was too subtle.  ;)

Over/under on tickets being sold out has to be 2 mins (tops).

I logged in at 10:00:00, nothing, refreshed, nothing, refreshed, nothing...

Reminds me how lucky I was in the summer of 2011...

There are still single tickets available for Wednesdays game, the $340 ones.  Just got to keep clicking.  People like me stare at them for a while before doing a catch and release.

I got a cheap single for Monday.