Game 81 - Jets @ Avs

The Jets really looked uptight and clenching on the stick tonight... also played a very soft game which was the complete opposite of what Lawless said of what they would do.     Hopefully they loosen up for the play offs!   So many two on ones that resulted in Stafford or whoever else holding onto the puck way to long and not even getting a shot off. 

The Jets really looked uptight and clenching on the stick tonight... also played a very soft game which was the complete opposite of what Lawless said of what they would do. Hopefully they loosen up for the play offs! So many two on ones that resulted in Stafford or whoever else holding onto the puck way to long and not even getting a shot off.

I'm very nervous about them being nervous in the playoffs.

Amazing really... Last 3 games.. Jets took 5 of 6 points against St Louis, Minny and Colorado.

Last 3 games for the Kings.. they went 1 for 6 points.. Vancouver,Edmonton,Calgary

It is absolute insanity that with a win in the nothing game tomorrow, the jets could finish with 99 points and still be the 2nd wild card team.

99 friggin points and you are technically ranked 8th in the west? That's nuts.  But would finish with more points than Calgary and possibly tied with Vancouver i think. 

Kings let their confidence lead them down the wrong path. There was a game last week where they were losing and at intermission one of the Kings players said they wanted to win in regulation because they had their eye on home ice advantage in the playoffs. They thought they could coast all season and then try when it mattered. They forgot it mattered now.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them dominate next season with something to prove.

Kings let their confidence lead them down the wrong path. There was a game last week where they were losing and at intermission one of the Kings players said they wanted to win in regulation because they had their eye on home ice advantage in the playoffs. They thought they could coast all season and then try when it mattered. They forgot it mattered now.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them dominate next season with something to prove.

IMO   The Kings lost some players last year and i think the lack of some leadership in the room hurt them. They were to cocky i think.

They brought in some new guys but failed to teach them what it takes to be Champs and just assumed they could get it done again and not remembering the effort it takes to actually do it.

I think Maurice said it best.... " You cant go play fight and expect to win, You have to go out and actually punch people in the face.

Or something like that   lol 

I don't think the KINGS are as good as they were last year, there is a reason they missed the playoffs, it's not because of the last 3 games either, it's because the entire season they just weren't as good as 8 other teams in the west... Time catches up with some teams, Confidence might play a role but i would expect the kings to make some changes this summer, they can't go in to next season with Richards and that contract taking all that cap space.. there are some teams and the kings may be one of them who are tight against the cap and may have to shed significant amounts of salary just to actually be at the cap next year, Hawks are another, Bruins are one too, I believe the Flyers might be also.. Theres actually about 5 or 6 teams who are going to be in cap hell, they don't have much room to sign guys unless they dump some salary first really... This is gonna be an interesting off-season to say the least in the NHL. Penguins are another team who might have to make some changes... It's gonna be interesting for sure. Some of these teams have like 2 million in cap space and need to sign like 6 7 8 guys still for next season, The tides they are a changing a wee bit...

Believe someone on here or elsewhere asked whats the likilhood that both the jets and flames get in and the kings and sharks  don't... Moving forward, i'd say its more likely the Jets and Flames get in than the kings and sharks... 

I don't think the KINGS are as good as they were last year, there is a reason they missed the playoffs, it's not because of the last 3 games either, it's because the entire season they just weren't as good as 8 other teams in the west... Time catches up with some teams, Confidence might play a role but i would expect the kings to make some changes this summer, they can't go in to next season with Richards and that contract taking all that cap space.. there are some teams and the kings may be one of them who are tight against the cap and may have to shed significant amounts of salary just to actually be at the cap next year, Hawks are another, Bruins are one too, I believe the Flyers might be also.. Theres actually about 5 or 6 teams who are going to be in cap hell, they don't have much room to sign guys unless they dump some salary first really... This is gonna be an interesting off-season to say the least in the NHL. Penguins are another team who might have to make some changes... It's gonna be interesting for sure. Some of these teams have like 2 million in cap space and need to sign like 6 7 8 guys still for next season, The tides they are a changing a wee bit...

Believe someone on here or elsewhere asked whats the likilhood that both the jets and flames get in and the kings and sharks  don't... Moving forward, i'd say its more likely the Jets and Flames get in than the kings and sharks... 

This might be true and usually happens but its about how you continue to build and keep competitive all the time.

Ive got no idea why you add the Flyers into this.

Elite teams stay that way because they can loose people but stay on top because of the leadership base they build on. The learning and building never ends.

Kings....  Lost players and figured it all just come without the work

Boston.... To old n slow and cant compete like they have.

Pens....  Rely on The Kid and a few others to do to much.

Build on structure and depth not super stars and cash. Hawks are a good example of this. And so were the Devils.