Pav is starting to lose, back to Hutch ...

If hutch starts Saturday. Pav finishes the season at 22 16 8. 920 Save % and a 2.26 gaa. Time to admit he had a Damn good season.

Hutch was good at shootouts but struggled since finally being beat in one. Shootouts are now irrelevant tho thankfully

You do realize that 95 percent of those games have been this year tho right. You do realize all those games buff had missed was when Maurice was coach right? You do realize he took over last season right? That's the 2013 2014 season.

You do realize Noel started the year tho right?

You do realize you come off as a dink sometimes right?

You should post your meaningless stats since Maurice took over.....

This team has showed grit, has battled through ups and downs, fought through the injury bug and has really matured.  We've gotten good play from both goaltenders when they needed it as a result, we've managed to claw our way into the playoffs.  Had we ridden one, or the other, for most of the year .. I'm not sure we'd be here now.    Pavelec, for as well as he's playing now, has never demonstrated that he can sustain a high level of play that effort over the long haul .. it's that consistency that's been missing from his game.   Hoping he stays hot through the playoffs .. and maybe he's found that confidence and consistency he's been lacking ..  either way, this is a huge milestone for this franchise and it's something to be celebrated.

Now I'm hoping for a Blues / Winnipeg first round series .. :)

Craig Button endorsed the Ducks as the Jets best first round opponent.  He felt their D was soft enough that the Jets would be able to use their size and cycle to have success.  I like the Ducks but havent followed them as much this season - they have some great offensive talent but how does that talent respond when getting hit repeatedly?

A lot of good goalies in the league around that .915 to .920.

Fleury, Luongo, Bobrovsky, Quick just to name a few. Not saying he's that calibre of goalie but there definitely is good goalies in that range.

All true. The problem is Pavelec isn't in that range for his career. He has a career SV% of .908, which is pretty bad. This is his first season in the NHL above .915.

Craig Button endorsed the Ducks as the Jets best first round opponent.  He felt their D was soft enough that the Jets would be able to use their size and cycle to have success.  I like the Ducks but havent followed them as much this season - they have some great offensive talent but how does that talent respond when getting hit repeatedly?

I agree with him. I don't think their D is anywhere near the calibre of the Blues and they don't have the same depth at forward. I don't fully understand how they have so many points. Maybe Boudreau is just that good of a coach?

You do realize that 95 percent of those games have been this year tho right. You do realize all those games buff had missed was when Maurice was coach right? You do realize he took over last season right? That's the 2013 2014 season.

You do realize Noel started the year tho right?

You do realize you come off as a dink sometimes right?

You should post your meaningless stats since Maurice took over.....

Delete. Decided attacking the poster instead of the post is silly

But shot stats can be misleading.. How do you compare the quality of shots.

So say goalie A faces forty shots from the blue line non screened and easy to stop. The defense is stout and giving the opposition nothing up close and most of the shots are simply them sliding it toward the net.

Now goalie B faces only 20 shots however many of them were on break aways , screened shots, power play shots etc...

Both goalies let in 3 goals... Does this make goalie A light years better?

Numbers don't always tell the story...

I think Drew Doughty and Barrett Jackman describe a quality shot from anywhere outside the blue line

Blues-Jets would be a war...  then Jets-Chicago...  then Jets-Calgary...  that would be some killer hockey

Or we play ANA and get CGY one round earier in the West semi's.  :)

We haven't had a lot of luck against the flames...

• 2 weeks later...