Pav is starting to lose, back to Hutch ...

He kept us in the game in the 1st period.

And then he let in 4 goals and ended the game with a .867 save percentage. Yep, Pavs is back to his usual terrible self. Glad we were able to win in spite of Pavelec, but we're not going to score 5 goals every game. Jets simply need better from their goaltending.
Convenient how you ignored all of the odd man rushes in the game, especially in the second period. Pavelec made a number of big saves to bail out his blue liners.
Ya that's called doing your job. Is Pavelec the only goalie who ever has to deal with odd man rushes? Every goalie deals with odd man rushes every game. That's the stupidest point in this thread. Guy has 5 years of NHL stats proving he's below league average. He is who he is.
No, the stupidest point in this thread is how you want to blame a goaltender for his goals against in today's game when we are without our top defenceman, arguably our third or fourth defenceman, and our second best d-man down the stretch. Is Pavelec the only one to face odd man rushes? Of course not. Hi Captain Obvious. That being said, those saves is what allows your team to stay out in front as often as they did. You want to give chances like that to Vrbata, Burrows, and the Sedins all game? Good luck with that.

There's differences of opinion, and then there's just simply not understanding the game you're pretending to know so much about. Unfortunately for you, you fall into the latter.

Sorry man, you just don't get it. There's so many holes in your argument here. Pavelec has 5 years of statistics proving he's not an NHL calibre goalie.

Read these if you don't believe me (there are many more...):

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2014/2/4/5377382/ondrej-pavelec-and-the-possibility-of-a-buy-out

http://m.thn.com/blog/ondrej-pavelec-the-worst-decision-the-winnipeg-jets-have-made-so-far/

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2205284-cautionary-tale-how-the-winnipeg-jets-ended-up-with-the-nhls-worst-goaltending

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2013/3/6/4000798/winnipeg-jets-ondrej-pavelec-overpaid

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ondrej-pavelecs-goalie-play-is-the-winnipeg-jets-main-issue/

Wow... I'm NOT arguing the last five years - Read my posts on the subject - Please point out to me where I have disputed ANYTHING over the last five years.

What I am arguing is that RIGHT NOW he is the best we have. I'm also arguing that RIGHT NOW considering what's transpiring infront of him is that you can't blame him for the goals today, nor could you blame him for the winner against Chicago which was tipped right in front of him, and you also can't blame him on the winner against the Rangers as Byfuglien got beat, and Krieder made a heck of a play (Which Pavelec was not out of position on - An assertion of yours that's again incorrect)

You say Pavelec is below average - Guess what - NO ONE IS DISAGREEING WITH YOU. He's paid 21st among starting goalies (Which is ALSO below average, which to your point of the contact tying the Jets down is also incorrect based on that.)

The bottom line is this - He is the best goaltender we have TODAY. In April that's not changing. Yeah it was fun with Hutch but anyone who knows hockey and knows what they are talking about knows that what Hutch was on was a hot streak. That's over. That's pro sports. Pavelec had a shorter one before the Hawks game, and Hammond had a hot streak going of his own going in Ottawa before his last couple of games. They come and go and last for varying periods of time. All things being equal (meaning taking hot streaks out of the equation), today Pavelec gives the Jets the best chance to win. Yes it's not ideal but that's just what we are faced with right now. 

Having said all of the above, especially with him being below average, if you're going to give guys like Radim Vrbata, the Sedins and Burrows time to have a picnic at the top of the crease, more often than not you're going to lose REGARDLESS of who the goalie is. The Jets got lucky today. Pavelec was a big reason why. The four goals he allowed could have easily been six or seven and that's not an exaggeration or a reflection of his play - That's a product of the defenders in front of him and the aforementioned twenty turnovers the club committed today.

And then he let in 4 goals and ended the game with a .867 save percentage. Yep, Pavs is back to his usual terrible self. Glad we were able to win in spite of Pavelec, but we're not going to score 5 goals every game. Jets simply need better from their goaltending.
Convenient how you ignored all of the odd man rushes in the game, especially in the second period. Pavelec made a number of big saves to bail out his blue liners.
Ya that's called doing your job. Is Pavelec the only goalie who ever has to deal with odd man rushes? Every goalie deals with odd man rushes every game. That's the stupidest point in this thread. Guy has 5 years of NHL stats proving he's below league average. He is who he is.
No, the stupidest point in this thread is how you want to blame a goaltender for his goals against in today's game when we are without our top defenceman, arguably our third or fourth defenceman, and our second best d-man down the stretch. Is Pavelec the only one to face odd man rushes? Of course not. Hi Captain Obvious. That being said, those saves is what allows your team to stay out in front as often as they did. You want to give chances like that to Vrbata, Burrows, and the Sedins all game? Good luck with that.

There's differences of opinion, and then there's just simply not understanding the game you're pretending to know so much about. Unfortunately for you, you fall into the latter.

Sorry man, you just don't get it. There's so many holes in your argument here. Pavelec has 5 years of statistics proving he's not an NHL calibre goalie.

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2014/2/4/5377382/ondrej-pavelec-and-the-possibility-of-a-buy-out

http://m.thn.com/blog/ondrej-pavelec-the-worst-decision-the-winnipeg-jets-have-made-so-far/

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2205284-cautionary-tale-how-the-winnipeg-jets-ended-up-with-the-nhls-worst-goaltending

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2013/3/6/4000798/winnipeg-jets-ondrej-pavelec-overpaid

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ondrej-pavelecs-goalie-play-is-the-winnipeg-jets-main-issue/

Wow... I'm NOT arguing the last five years - Read my posts on the subject - Please point out to me where I have disputed ANYTHING over the last five years.

What I am arguing is that RIGHT NOW he is the best we have. I'm also arguing that RIGHT NOW considering what's transpiring infront of him is that you can't blame him for the goals today, not could you blame him for the winner against Chicago which was tipped right in front of him, and you also can't blame him on the winner against the Rangers as Byfuglien got beat, and Krieder made a heck of a play (Which Pavelec was not out of position on - An assertion of yours that's again incorrect)

You say Pavelec is below average - Guess what - NO ONE IS DISAGREEING WITH YOU. He's paid 21st among starting goalies (Which is ALSO below average, which to your point of the contact tying the Jets down is also incorrect based on that.)

The bottom line is this - He is the best goaltender we have TODAY. In April that's not changing. Yeah it was fun with Hutch but anyone who knows hockey and knows what they are talking about knows that what Hutch was on was a hot streak. That's over. That's pro sports. Pavelec had a shorter one before the Hawks game, and Hammond had a hot streak going of his own going in Ottawa before his last couple of games. They come and go and last for varying periods of time. All things being equal (meaning taking hot streaks out of the equation), today Pavelec gives the Jets the best chance to win. Yes it's not ideal but that's just what we are faced with right now.

Having said all of the above, especially with him being below average, if you're going to give guys like Radim Vrbata, the Sedins and Burrows time to have a picnic at the top of the crease, more often than not you're going to lose REGARDLESS of who the goalie is. The Jets got lucky today. Pavelec was a big reason why. The four goals he allowed could have easily been six or seven and that's not an exaggeration or a reflection of his play - That's a product of the defenders in front of him and the aforementioned twenty turnovers the club committed today.

I'm talking about going forward, he's not the answer, and it's frustrating knowing we're likely stuck with him. That's my point.

What I am arguing is that RIGHT NOW he is the best we have. I'm also arguing that RIGHT NOW considering what's transpiring infront of him is that you can't blame him for the goals today, not could you blame him for the winner against Chicago which was tipped right in front of him, and you also can't blame him on the winner against the Rangers as Byfuglien got beat, and Krieder made a heck of a play (Which Pavelec was not out of position on - An assertion of yours that's again incorrect)

I'm talking about going forward, he's not the answer, and it's frustrating knowing we're likely stuck with him. That's my point.

And again, no one is saying he is the answer (And no, that's not the only point you've made so don't pretend that it is - They've all just been dissected for the incredibly flawed arguements they are). Could you point out where anyone is saying he is the answer, or are you going to gloss over that like how I said to point out where I said anything about the last five years of his career? 

Suggesting we are stuck with him is wrong. His salary ranking compared to other starting goalies proves that.

And again, no one is saying he is the answer (And no, that's not the only point you've made so don't pretend that it is - They've all just been dissected for the incredibly flawed arguements they are). Could you point out where anyone is saying he is the answer, or are you going to gloss over that like how I said to point out where I said anything about the last five years of his career?

Suggesting we are stuck with him is wrong. His salary ranking compared to other starting goalies proves that.

No one is going to trade for Pavelec. Who wants to pay $4 million a year for a backup goalie? No one. Only way he's traded is if the Jets eat a significant portion of his salary.

And you've been making excuses for Pavelec throughout this entire thread. So what if we had an injured D-man or he had a few odd man rushes? Every goalie deals with those challenges every season. Are the Jets the only team to deal with a skilled team like the Canucks this year? Bottom line is he lets in more goals than a league average goalie. Your arguments are hilarious; not sure why I'm even wasting my time responding to them.

Guess it's easier to blame one guy instead of the other 5 on the ice.

The point is Pavelec is the weak link. Jets right now have 4 solid lines. Pavelec is the one weighing the team down.

That right there shows your understanding of the game (or lack thereof). It has nothing to do with the four forward lines. It has everything to do with your three defensive pairings, which just got weaker assuming Enstrom misses any time on the upcoming road trip.

No one is going to trade for Pavelec. Who wants to pay $4 million a year for a backup goalie? No one. Only way he's traded is if the Jets eat a significant portion of his salary.

And you've been making excuses for Pavelec throughout this entire thread. So what if we had an injured D-man or he had a few odd man rushes? Every goalie deals with those challenges every season. Are the Jets the only team to deal with a skilled team like the Canucks this year? Bottom line is he lets in more goals than a league average goalie. Your arguments are hilarious; not sure why I'm even wasting my time responding to them.

*head desk*

Why the hard on for the "league average goalie"? Again, no one, myself included is saying he is average or above average. He is below average and IS GETTING PAID as a below average goalie. You're all hung up on his average salary. Guess what - IT DOESN'T MATTER what he makes per year when you're getting paid as the 21st goaltender. It's about a MARKETPLACE and his MARKET VALUE is where it should be, MAYBE a bit higher but nothing that's untradeable by any means whatsoever. What is so difficult to understand about that?

The problem here is that just because he is below average (which I fully acknowledge) is that you want to blame every goal that gets past him as his fault. Sorry, hockey doesn't work that way. If you understood the game you'd get that. It's obvious you don't.

The point is Pavelec is the weak link. Jets right now have 4 solid lines. Pavelec is the one weighing the team down.

That right there shows your understanding of the game (or lack thereof). It has nothing to do with the four forward lines. It has everything to do with your three defensive pairings, which just got weaker assuming Enstrom misses any time on the upcoming road trip.
Yes I forgot to mention the fact we have a great top two defensive pairings. And your statement there shows your lack of understanding in the importance of team possession. And early indications are Enstrom should be fine. His shoulder popped out then right back in. But we will get an update tomorrow.

Yes I forgot to mention the fact we have a great top two defensive pairings. And your statement there shows your lack of understanding in the importance of team possession. And early indications are Enstrom should be fine. His shoulder popped out then right back in. But we will get an update tomorrow.

A great top two when everyone is in the lineup yes. A great top two pairings today? Not even close.

Funny you bring that up. Guess what happens when you turn the puck over 20 times in a game? You have no puck possession. If you have no puck possession the other team is bound to score. It's not a difficult concept.

Guess the jets should trade for price or rinne. Cuz reality is ain't much available in the goaltender market. Could be better than pav. Easily could be worse. Who should the jets sign then? Cuz helle and comrie are the future so what all star goalie should the jets sign for a year or 2 until the young guys are ready

Guess the jets should trade for price or rinne. Cuz reality is ain't much available in the goaltender market. Could be better than pav. Easily could be worse. Who should the jets sign then? Cuz helle and comrie are the future so what all star goalie should the jets sign for a year or 2 until the young guys are ready

Some of these suggestions here are ridiculous. In a previous post I suggested that TNSE buyout Pavelec, then sign or trade for a "league average" gosltender for the next couple years until Hellebuyck is ready. Price and Rinne are elite goaltenders. All I'm asking for is league average.

Pavelec is like 7-2-1 in his last 10 or something like that. The past is just that. The past. He's been good recently tho and if people can't admit that, what can you say really.

There's no doubt Pavelec has been on a hot streak recently. I acknowledged that. But he's now cooling off as he always does, leveling back to his usual below average self. If you're happy with below average, you're entitled to your opinion, but we as Jets fans should demand better than sub-par from our starting goaltender.

Watch Minnesota play.... you will see a team that really limits the chances that opposition get on them.... the Jets as of late are doing the opposite of this.

Also perhaps they should fire Chevy... how dare he draft 3 guys who are currently tearing it up in the minors and looking like guys who can play in the NHL....

Again with these ridiculous points. I suggested previously that we could have a bright future in net, with Hutch and Hellebuyck, but they are question marks for now, and we need a league average (or better) goalie to bridge us for the next couple years.