Pav is starting to lose, back to Hutch ...

Pavs should have saved the game winning goal. He was out of position, as usual.

....What?! Listen the last thing I am is a Pavelec booster or supporter but when it's a partial breakaway as it was when Kreider made Byfuglien look stupid at the blue line, Pavelec played that as well as he could under the circumstances. He stretched out to make the pad save but Kreider went to his back hand and BARELY fit the puck in. To say he was out of position is not remotely correct whatsoever, and to say he should have made the stop considering it was a partial break shows how foolish that comment is. Even folks in peewee or bantam hockey wouldn't say he was out of position. Krieder just made a heck of a play. It's as simple as that. I'd like to say I'm surprised by your comment but for someone who suggests calling up Connor Hellebuyck for the stretch run, someone with ZERO NHL experience (Yes a great prospect no question), or implies this team is better without Dustin Byfugien, sadly I'm not surprised at all.

Pavs should have saved the game winning goal. He was out of position, as usual.

....What?! Listen the last thing I am is a Pavelec booster or supporter but when it's a partial breakaway as it was when Kreider made Byfuglien look stupid at the blue line, Pavelec played that as well as he could under the circumstances. He stretched out to make the pad save but Kreider went to his back hand and BARELY fit the puck in. To say he was out of position is not remotely correct whatsoever, and to say he should have made the stop considering it was a partial break shows how foolish that comment is. Even folks in peewee or bantam hockey wouldn't say he was out of position. Krieder just made a heck of a play. It's as simple as that. I'd like to say I'm surprised by your comment but for someone who suggests calling up Connor Hellebuyck for the stretch run, someone with ZERO NHL experience (Yes a great prospect no question), or implies this team is better without Dustin Byfugien, sadly I'm not surprised at all.
Pavelec's skate/leg should have been touching the post on that breakaway. He was almost a foot out of position.

Can't say I agree with you. I've been watching a lot of hockey lately between the teams the Jets and the Canucks play and I have to say the Goaltending the Jets have been getting in the last little while has been more stable than not. They've even won a few games because of their G-tending more so than they've lost because of it. So to say Pavs is terrible is a little far far-fetched.

As a matter of fact, you could say Pavelec is a big reason the Jets are still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Can't say I agree with you. I've been watching a lot of hockey lately between the teams the Jets and the Canucks play and I have to say the Goaltending the Jets have been getting in the last little while has been more stable than not. They've even won a few games because of their G-tending more so than they've lost because of it. So to say Pavs is terrible is a little far far-fetched.

As a matter of fact, you could say Pavelec is a big reason the Jets are still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Definitely not a Pavelec supporter myself but gbill you clearly do not understand what it means when people say a goalie is out of position. If a goalie bites on a deke on a breakaway, that is not the time to say he was out of position. That is just not the correct use of that term.

Definitely not a Pavelec supporter myself but gbill you clearly do not understand what it means when people say a goalie is out of position. If a goalie bites on a deke on a breakaway, that is not the time to say he was out of position. That is just not the correct use of that term.

Kreider made one hell of a move, BUFF did not have him defended, buff got owned really. It was a nice move and nice goal by Kreider, Blaming Pavelec on that one is just crazy and obviously from someone who has never played hockey, or if so, was a terrible teammate. Sometimes, the other guy just makes a nice move, that's what that goal by Kreider was, he beat Buff to the puck and made a nice move on the goalie, the only move he could really have made to beat him and did it in a split second really, Pav had him but, Kreider made a great move. Why always looking to blame Pavelec? Why can't it just be the ranger player made a nice move and scored? 

Thing is on the game winner, it wasn't a breakaway. Byfuglien had him defended coming from one side. Pavelec didn't protect the area of the front side of the net that he needed to.

I don't usually weigh in on these debates, but Buff clearly did not have him defended.