Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

I don't think their writers are very good and i think lots of them have no idea what gets over or doesn't get over in the wrestling business.

I think a perfect example of a crappy storyline is the ziggler lana rusev summer rae one... That's hollywood writing BS.. that doesn't work anymore. It's too fake.

They need to fire the writers or most of them... and just make it more legit.. obviously it can't ever be legit legit but.. what i mean really is make it echo real life more.. Fans these days are smarter... we all have the internet, we can all look up sites like sescoops or rajah or whatever else is out there, the meltzers of the world even... we all know it exists.. I guess what i'm saying is they need to bring some reality in to these shows and they need to let guys go out there and talk on their own... sink or swim, the cream will rise to the top and the ones who don't.. well screw them really.

Austin 316 was not something that was pitched by a writer, Austin came up with that himself... Stone Cold was his ex wife telling him to drink his tea before it gets stone cold.. said stone cold eh, i like it..stone cold steve austin is born really...

Need to let them just be who they are and push people who actually deserve to be pushed...

Show,Kane,Cena for that matter (I would love to see Heel cena tho) are all stale and boring characters that have been around for ever.. It's time for change. Until vince actually dies, i'm not sure you will see it. 

I don't think their writers are very good and i think lots of them have no idea what gets over or doesn't get over in the wrestling business.

I think a perfect example of a crappy storyline is the ziggler lana rusev summer rae one... That's hollywood writing BS.. that doesn't work anymore. It's too fake.

They need to fire the writers or most of them... and just make it more legit.. obviously it can't ever be legit legit but.. what i mean really is make it echo real life more.. Fans these days are smarter... we all have the internet, we can all look up sites like sescoops or rajah or whatever else is out there, the meltzers of the world even... we all know it exists.. I guess what i'm saying is they need to bring some reality in to these shows and they need to let guys go out there and talk on their own... sink or swim, the cream will rise to the top and the ones who don't.. well screw them really.

Austin 316 was not something that was pitched by a writer, Austin came up with that himself... Stone Cold was his ex wife telling him to drink his tea before it gets stone cold.. said stone cold eh, i like it..stone cold steve austin is born really...

Need to let them just be who they are and push people who actually deserve to be pushed...

Show,Kane,Cena for that matter (I would love to see Heel cena tho) are all stale and boring characters that have been around for ever.. It's time for change. Until vince actually dies, i'm not sure you will see it. 

Well I disagree to a point about the Ziggler/Rusev angle.  As a mid card angle its good.  Because it actually has chapters to the story.  Its something that is accessible to the fans - a love story.  It hasnt been very good because its not bring written very well, but that type of angle is historically pretty decent.  They just dont let people act "normal".  One of the best angles I can remember was Jericho/Christian/Trish love triangle.  Very well done (all Jericho's idea too, btw).

The angle is weird because we're supposed to be buying into Ziggler as a Face but he is doing some very Heel things.  It's all so confusing.  Also Summer Rae is just dreadful.

This is a routine complaint.  WWE books their heels like faces and their faces like chumps.

Lana was super over and Vince LOVED her, turned her and did nothing with her.  Absurd.  But its a very misogynistic company.  The genesis of "Divas Revolution" was Steph tweeting about an acctess (I cant recall who) that gave a speech at the Oscars demanding equal pay and treatment for women.  Steph agreed.  AJ Lee then tweeted at Steph that she should start with her own business.  Steph was furious and Vince talked her off the ledge and made he reply "graciously".

Then, several of the wrestlers were pushing more realistic UFC type angles and gimmicks.  Vince hates UFC.  Hunter and Steph didnt follow it at all.  They had no idea who Ronda Rousey was until she was invited back stage (Ronda is a huge fan).  They realized she was a huge cross over star and decided they needed their own Ronda Rousey's in WWE.  With no clue how to do it, they decided they'd push the really talented new women from NXT with the idea that the "Divas" were damaged as a brand through years of bad booking and bad wrestling.

Thats why the Divas Revolution because the "brainchild" of Steph.  Because she had to be seen working hard for women's rights.  But they wouldnt drop their "Diva" brand name (which is incredible passe) and Cena went to bat for Nikki so she didnt drop the title right away as planned.  Then the revolution began to faulter so they moved Steph away from it (cant let her be near anything failing) and ret conned it as a Bella's initiative.

Thats how good ideas become **** in WWE.  Because they are stupid and let ego get in the way of good business.

I think Summer got the gig because she could be made to sort of look like Lana and it was more of a non-working role.

If you have the Network I highly recommend Legends with JBL - guest Eric Bischoff.  Caught the second part last night and its tremendous.  I have a feeling something is up with WWE and EB.

I think Summer got the gig because she could be made to sort of look like Lana and it was more of a non-working role.

If you have the Network I highly recommend Legends with JBL - guest Eric Bischoff.  Caught the second part last night and its tremendous.  I have a feeling something is up with WWE and EB.

that was my initial reaction with the little preview of the show and bischoff stating he'd still like to get in the ring with vince. got me thinking to the way WWE has treated WCW icons in the past and most recently in sting,  i started day dreaming of a nWo vs DX survivor series

but waaaaay past its best before date

Nope. Smackdown ratings are holding steady and or rising by a tiny amount each week...

They aren't getting huge ratings cuz it's on Sci Fi but.. 2.1's is pretty big ratings for a station like Sci-Fi. It's holding steady around that 2.1 mark it seems, last week, got a 2.1 rating as did this past week but 100,000 more people watched the show than last week. Pretty good considering it's taped on a tuesday. 

Smackdown is moving to USA soon tho. 

Up from last week. Down over all for the year. They drew their lowest rating of 2015 this month.

Generally SD ratings are steady (or flat depending on perspectice). But they are down compared to average earlier in the year.

When they move it USA there will be a renewed push which will fall by the wayside eventually as it always done.

I think it does make a difference, As much as Vince and WWE may not think that most people check out the internet, most people do. I read the spoilers, if something interesting happens, i'll probably check it out, if not, i don't. It definitely plays a role for sure. 

Bischoff was way over rated, its not hard to succeed when you have unlimited funds.

He merely stole ideas from Japan and ecw and signed everyone.

When WWF stepped up the game (I.e grew up) WCW was left in the dust.

For two years in a row WCW ran the same Nitro, same PPV each time.

The big pay off was either someone jumping ship to NWO resulting in the baby face being gang beaten and spray painted or a main event dq where the NWO gang attacked and spray painted the face.

It was sooooo predictable and boring.

They mixed it up by having NWO red and nwp black and white... They had sting In the rafters for a year... They had Mr perfect playing country music.

Bischoff was way over rated and not even close to Heyman when it came to creativity.

Some of tjay is true. Much of it isn't. Without Biscjoff there is no attitude era. There is no DX. There is no Mr McMahon. There isn't raw as we know it today. There isn't live weekly shows or monthly PPV.

It's possible wwe would have developed al those things on their own. But they got them all from Bischoff.

He didn't have unlimited funds. He took over wcw when it was losing massive money. He had limited budgets until he turned WCW around and made it profitable for the first time ever. He got large budgets because he made record profits.

Bisch didn't have an unlimited budget.

Wcw was very limited when Bisch became executive producer. It had lost money every year of its existence. It only continued to exist because Ted Turner was nostalgic for the important wrestling (Georgia Championship and Crocket promotions) had played in the success of TBS.

Bisch turned wcw around wcw in two years posting a profit in 1995. He was rewarded by being promoted to President of WCW

He admits he got the idea for the nWo from Japan but it doesn't work without Nash and Hall and how it was portrayed. Bisch deserves credit for that.

He never had unlimited budgets. There were always budgets. They grew because profits grew.

He definitely made mistakes. He didn't elevate new stars fast enough. But WWE suffered the same fate. It's sort of the by product of success. And Eric's idea was to use the young guys underneath. It was a good idea but not elevating them in time was a mistake. On the flip side he did create Goldberg.

Keep in mind Eric also had to do battle with corporate standard & practices that handcuffed him to such an extent they wouldn't let him use certain aspects of Jay Leno's monologue that jay used on network TV.

Eric, to an extent was he architect of his own downfall. But he was ground breaking as a TV producer. And one of the finest non-wrestler TV characters of the modern era.

I watched Fall Brawl 97 Sunday evening on WWE Network with the War Games double ring covered by a steel cage with the NWO made up of Kevin Nash, Konnan, Sixx & Buff Bagwell vs WCW made up of Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, Steve "Mongo" McMichael & Mr Perfect Curt Hennig. That was the match Mr Perfect turnedon his  teammates & joined NWO. The headshot Flair took from Perfect who slammed the cage door in his face looked nasty then (as I remember that match) & it still looks nasty now 19 years later. 

The NWO was a stunning idea from Bischoff. Even the theme music was ground breaking for professional wrestling but even just a few months after Hall & Nash debuted with Hogan you had guys like Konnan in the faction... Konnan?? Holy crap, what a brutal wrestler he was & probably still is. And Buff Bagwell. hardly one of the elites in the ring.

WCW might have got a bit more mileage out of the NWO if some of the really impactful heel & face wrestlers had joined & then kept the group to 5 or 6 guys.Flair & Benoit should have been part of that group even though Flair was looked upon as the face of WCW at the time more than Sting. Benoit should  have been a part of the NWO as well. Instead they had no talents like Scott Norton, Konnan, Sixx  & Bagwell as part of that faction. And then eventually the NWO Black, Red & Latino. Soon, even Santa Claus was wrestling in WCW.