Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

Apparently the idea of turning Roman was not even seriously considered by WWE. It's one thing to reason your way out of a decision but to not even give it due consideration shows just how singularly focused they are on maintaining the status quo and seeing their plan to its fruition.

Fruition meaning off television entirely the way they're going. Who has final say on creative content & the direction Raw & Smackdown are going? Hunter or Vince? . 

A few quick hits:

TNA cancelled their big India tour.  They are calling it a postponment and claim its due to "security reasons".  This is a big deal because it was being touted as the tour that would keep them afloat and they have major TV partners in India.  Could be the final death rattle.  Its also awful for the talent that have kept the faith with TNA as this would have been a solid payday right before Christmas. 

Kurt Angle officially announced his "retirement" but seems to frame it more as a TNA retirement.  He had previously said he was taking 2016 off as his contract expires shortly and he desperately wants to go back to WWE.  WWE wants nothing of him (or specifically Vince doesnt) over fears that Angle's health issues are too be a risk because if something happened to him, he's far too big a name in the sports world and the negative press would be overwhelming.  Shame though because he's a very special talent and he deserves a last WWE run plus all the WWE bells & whistles (HOF, legends deal etc).

As if the Reid Flair "death" segment wasnt bad enough, WWE released a statement essentially blaming Charlotte but supposedly this is 100% untrue and that it was scripted and presented to Charlotte who had no choice but to accept it.  And in fact, she miffed on several lines because she was so upset while delivering the promo.  Ric Flair even said he was reluctant to complain for fear it would impact his daughter.  Think about that.  Ric Flair, the greatest of all time, who's best friend is Hunter, is afraid that they'd punish his daughter if he complained.  Unreal.  He also said he was just on tour with WWE and that everyone is walking on egg shells.

Randy Orton's shoulder injury was more serious than they thought.  He also needs neck surgery which *might* end up as fusion surgery but they are hoping not.  He's done for months and if its fusion, its over a year if at all.

WWE signed CMLL star La Sombra who is very talented and used to date local girl-made-good Sarah Stock.  There is talk they might have him work without a mask because even though WWE is desperate for a Latino star, they continue to have no clue what appears to a Latino audience.  They see La Sombra and say "he's good looking, why hide his face". 

TNA has a new TV deal with POP TV which I never heard but apparently was the TV Guide channel.  Available in more homes then their last deal (Destination America) but with far less viewership.  Its also not readily available in HD.  And reports are TNA is not being paid for the deal.  Its called a "multi-year" deal but so was Destination America and they cancelled TNA within six months.  TNA is doing the longest death spiral in wrestling history.

TNA has tried to get Goldberg.  Which wont happen unless three things occur: 1) Goldberg needs the money 2) Goldberg desperately wants his son to see him wrestle (he's said this is a motivation in wanting one last match) 3) TNA offers him ludicrous money.  Goldberg has reached out to WWE several times but they arent interested at the price he wants and they dont like him since he's never been a guy who wants a WM moment for the moment.  He wants it for the money.  The fact WWE has nothing special for this year's WM in the massive Cowboys Stadium might change their minds but I doubt it.

Hunter gave a recent interview positive on Hulk Hogan.  He made a silly remark about how Hogan was brought down because people like to see top stars fail (shows the mindset of WWE in how the common person reacts to anything) which is untrue.  But it also shows that WWE intends to bring him back in the fold when they feel the blow back will be minimal.

The thing is, you're never going to make everyone happy. Who could you put the belt on right now that wouldn't piss off a large amount of people? Maybe Ambrose? The point is that some people will always be unhappy. No word of a lie, the biggest WWE fan I know LOVES Sheamus. He still won't shut up about it lol.

You don't have to make them happy, but you should at least aspire to do enough that they're interesting in watching.

The thing is, you're never going to make everyone happy. Who could you put the belt on right now that wouldn't piss off a large amount of people? Maybe Ambrose? The point is that some people will always be unhappy. No word of a lie, the biggest WWE fan I know LOVES Sheamus. He still won't shut up about it lol.

You don't have to make them happy, but you should at least aspire to do enough that they're interesting in watching.
I'd argue that there is no one in the WWE right now that could accomplish that. At least people hate Sheamus and want to see him lose the belt. Can you say that about Owens? He is way too likeable as a heel.

EC3 nails it here:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/646271-ec3-explains-why-hes-a-successful-heel-in-tna-and-why-heels-nowadays-arent-getting-the-heat-they-should

I'd argue that there is no one in the WWE right now that could accomplish that. At least people hate Sheamus and want to see him lose the belt. Can you say that about Owens? He is way too likeable as a heel.

EC3 nails it here:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/646271-ec3-explains-why-hes-a-successful-heel-in-tna-and-why-heels-nowadays-arent-getting-the-heat-they-should

I'd say yes and no.

Really good heels in the role of guys the fans want to see get theirs in the end arent usually tippy top guys.  The tippy top guys always end up as faces because fans respect them.  Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Rocky, nWo, Brock Lesnar etc.

Seth is a good example of a guy that got heel heat and still did all the tremendous athletic moves.  But he also got respectful recognition from the crowd but he was a very good heel.  He was just booked poorly as Hunter's lackey who never won. 

If you think of heels that didnt get cheers or werent prone to turning face, they arent really iconic guys so much.  Sheamus is one for sure.  Yokozuna.  Randy Savage was a great heel but he was always on the verge of turning face.  It was also a bit different back then with the crowd being less "wise".  Rick Rude was a tremendous heel... Jake Roberts was taken out of a program with Hogan because he was getting cheered.  And that was the 80's.

Most of Hogan's heel opponents in the 80's were just big guys with limited top guy appeal.  If a guy is talented and has charisma, he's going to be respected and once respected, it's a short jump to being a face.

WWE is a total mess right now.  So no one guy is going to change things.  No one guy is going to make one million people suddenly watch the product.  So the next best thing is doing something interesting, like Mike said.  Owens, Ambrose, Roman as a heel...those are interesting stories. 

But like I said, WWE has a plan and that plan is to burn the place to the ground if thats what it takes to crown Roman the new John Cena.  Sheamus was chosen because he's a heel no one likes that wont get cheered against Roman and because he's muscular and is a gym buddy of Hunter's, he's credible in the eyes of the family.

Going against a lower-rated Monday Night Football game, the ratings for the Monday, November 30th edition of WWE Raw were up to 3.16 million viewers, up from last week's record low by 210,000 viewers.

To put the number in perspective, 3.16 million viewers tied the November 9th show for the second lowest watched non-holiday episode of the show since 1997. The Cleveland Browns vs. Baltimore Ravens game on ESPN drew 10.11 million viewers, down four million from the week before when the New England Patriots played the Buffalo Bills.

The third hour dropped by 300,000 viewers from the first hour. The main event of the show was the new League of Nations faction (WWE Champion Sheamus, King Barrett, U.S. Champion Alberto del Rio and Rusev) teaming with WWE Tag Team champions The New Day to battle Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, and The Usos in a handicap match.

The three hour breakdown was:

- 8 p.m. 3.31 million viewers

- 9 p.m. 3.19 million viewers

- 10 p.m. 3.01 million viewers

****So, not a disaster...but almost a disaster.  The trending collapse continues over-all.  WWE also sent out a fan survey asking a variety of questions to try to determine why fans are not watching.  Which is interesting since they have a plethora of data to tell them exactly why.  To me it sounds like a witch hunt to pin the collapse on anything other than lousy creative and a played-out presention/production.

On my part, I thought they tried harder on RAW this week.  Im a sucker for heel factions (anyone who attends my shows for years knows there is almost always a strong heel faction) but this League of Nations is not exactly elite.  Ambrose continues to be the most over babyface but is being used to try and give Roman the rub.  Swimming upstream.

Anyone with the Network should be watching Breaking Ground.  Its a tremendous show (narrated by William Shatner).  And its an interesting look into the "mind" of the WWE.  Head Coach Prince Albert tells new recruit ZZ that WWE is a "professional spot" (WWE rejects this in favour of being "entrainment", Assistant Head Coach Sara Del Rey tells one of the women that she can take the assigned promo and use her own verbiage (this is not the case in WWE).

Also, one episode showed Winnipegger Sarah Stock coaching a class of women.  She was identified but had no "inset" comments on camera.  She's a great worker and really should be working on RAW and not just coaching in NXT.  Shes a sweetheart too.

In kind of an interesting twist of fate... Mick Foleys son Dewey will be joining the RAW creative team as a writer. Also some  thoughts out there that they are gonna go get his ultra hot daughter lol Noelle as a backstage interviewer. 

Yeah....I saw that too.  Not sure what to think of it.  Mick is pretty much a corporate stooge at this point.  He lambasted RAW last week...and then news breaks his kid may end up on creative so it sort of came across either stupid (ie. getting your son heat before he even starts) or self-serving (bury RAW now and then note how much its improved after your son gets there).

Though many new hires to creative dont last long.  I dont know Dewey but unless he has some formal training in writing, I doubt he lasts.  "Idea guys" seem to exit the quickest.  WWE creative isnt an equal group of people in a room story-boarding ideas.  There is a hierarchy and politics.  Dewey likely gets a tougher go of it for being Mick's son.

Noelle would be the better bet for making it though.  She's a fan and she's attractive and she's done some interviewing and whatnot.  She commented that she trained a little but wants to explore other areas before returning to training.  Which to me sounds like she did not like the work involved in training.  But as a pretty face, if she's talented she'd be fine as an interviewer.

Im waiting for the inevtiable vignette of Dewey walking into the Authority's office and Hunter doing the introductions.  "Kane...Dewey".    (ECW fans will get it).