Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

I assume Mauro will go from "excited" and "living a dream" to bitter and depressed in six months.  WWE has this weird thing about announcers where they hire you so you think they like your work but then they want you to change everything about how you announce.  And basically you have Vince screaming in your ear the entire show anyway so its not so much you announcing, it's Vince using your voice.

That's why Cole and JBL both went from not bad to sucks.

Anyone see TLC last night?  They are literally doing every trick in the book to get Roman over.  I half expect Stephanie to declare her love for him on RAW one of these days or Vince to come out and get speared.

Nice seeing the Diva;s continue their downward trend.  Funny how Heel/face doesnt really apply to the women.  Oh well, Charlotte is way better as a heel.  I assume they are waiting for Nikki to come back to be the WrestleMania opponents when it should be Sasha.

Ambrose winning the IC title is interesting.  Because they desperately need top heels so Owens really shouldnt have won, but Ambrose also desperately needed a win.  I wonder if Owens will move up now or if they just continue the IC program.

I still say Del Rio could be everything they need and want in a top guy.  He was great last night.  Now let him cut promos.

That spot off the ladder through the other ladder was one of the most insane spots I've seen in a WWE ring in years.

Really didn't understand the decimation of the Dudleys, that match probably could've been more competitive - even eliminating Harper would have made sense. Charlotte heel turn is in motion, didn't mind that match but I really can't enjoy seeing Ric Flair be that involved. Ambrose/Owens didn't really capture my attention, I was switching back and forth between that and the SNF game. Main event, as usual, was horrible. Where was Barrett? Ambrose? Usos? I don't usually enjoy ladder match finishes, they always seem so awkward. The one in the opener was perfect, though. Ended after a memorable spot instead of just a cluster**** of nonsense.

That spot off the ladder through the other ladder was one of the most insane spots I've seen in a WWE ring in years.

Really didn't understand the decimation of the Dudleys, that match probably could've been more competitive - even eliminating Harper would have made sense. Charlotte heel turn is in motion, didn't mind that match but I really can't enjoy seeing Ric Flair be that involved. Ambrose/Owens didn't really capture my attention, I was switching back and forth between that and the SNF game. Main event, as usual, was horrible. Where was Barrett? Ambrose? Usos? I don't usually enjoy ladder match finishes, they always seem so awkward. The one in the opener was perfect, though. Ended after a memorable spot instead of just a cluster**** of nonsense.

Issue with the Dudleys is two-fold: They are an "old" act, they are an act from TNA.

The thing with Charlotte is that she'd be better doing a story that isnt so obvious.  Instead of Flair being in her corner, they should have had him confront her and be "disappointed" in her with her retorting that everything she learned, she learned from him.  They tried to do a heel turn with Ric Flair in the Carolina's...that's goofy.  Not to mention Paige is very good as a heel in both character and work (she's very aggressive).

But being a heel will help bring Charlotte out of her shell and give her more confidence.  She probably shouldnt be doing all the Ric spots, but its a starting point.  She'll find her own way unless they really mess with her.  Bringing in Ric was solely because of the backlash over the Reid Flair stuff.  WWE was showing everyone that Ric is cool with it (even though he isnt, but money talks and Ric would let Vince crap on his face if he thought it would benefit his daughter).

Watched Becky vs Sasha <--- very good match

The tag title ladder match was insane, Kalisto is just crazy good... his finisher off the top of the ladder was amazing and the best spot I've seen in a ladder match in years.

Ryback- Rusev - Boring

Del Rio- Swagger - Boring

Charlotte and Paige was good for what it was

Didn't mind the Wyatts destroying the ECW originals... Wyatts needed to be dominant and were.

The main event was awful and boring. Sheamus is terrible and Reigns is being forced fed to the fans so much and it's not working at all

Also thought Owens vs Ambrose was a really good match. Not sure I'd have put the strap on Ambrose tho

Last thing I'll say... It's hard to take the League Of Nations thing seriously because for months and months, every one of them except Del Rio (who wasn't around) was being jobbed left right and center, losing night in night out. Now they put them together and they are pushing them as their top Heel group, but how can they be taken seriously when the fans have been made to think they are nothing more than Jobbers. It doesn't work and the ratings reflect that. 

Put me in the group that is not excited at all about the prospects of HHH vs Reigns at Wrestlemania. That really doesn't do it for me at all. They missed their chance to turn Reigns Heel, Unless Stephanie gets all lovey dovey for Reigns and Costs HHH the match at Mania, this is just a pointless feud. It means nothing at all. It's not gonna put asses in seats, yeah they will inflate the numbers at Cowboys stadium and say they will have over 100,000 people there but it won't be close to it. 

WWE is in a tough spot at the moment, It's time for change for sure but it almost seems like they really don't know what to do. 

I think they know how to, they just dont want to.  Because no one is forcing the issue.  They used to hang on the segment by segment ratings.  Now a year long trend into the toilet doesnt cause them to do anything.  No competition = no prideful reactions,

In the 90's, they were forced to make new stars.  They very quickly built up a whole slew of new guys in Austin, Rock, Shamrock, Foley, New Age Outlaws, Kane, Taka, Venis etc etc etc.  But the story-telling was very different.  Russo wanted to have something for everyone.  Now WWE can only focus on a couple of guys and one issue at a time.

They need to accept that they are in a downturn and plan for the future by creating new stars.  It might mean sucking for 2016 but it will make them stronger in 2017, 2018 etc.  And to be honest, they could turn around quicker by just doing things the fans want.  But they wont.  And if Hunter is working Roman at WM, then you can bet Roman will continue getting the giant push.  The only good thing is, because it's Hunter it will probably be a good angle with good heat.

"The Roman push isn't working"

I would normally agree with that but I think that last night's events will help. Notice throughout the match everyone was cheering for NXT, We Want Cena, etc.. But then after the match were cheering Roman hard. This was Roman's best moment thus far.

"The Roman push isn't working"

I would normally agree with that but I think that last night's events will help. Notice throughout the match everyone was cheering for NXT, We Want Cena, etc.. But then after the match were cheering Roman hard. This was Roman's best moment thus far.

That's happened before.  I believe they went back to boo'ing him on the ramp.  Its a booking trick.  And they've been using every trick in the book to present Roman as tough, sympathetic, overwhelmed, over matched, fighting man, brave, emotional, loyal, independent. etc.  Every trick in the book.  And last night it was having Hunter, who is over as a heel when hes acting like a heel, be the foil.  So Roman was cheered.

The issue they have is not getting fans to every cheer Roman.  Its to get them to consistently cheer Roman and actually want to pay to see him.  Thats the difference between getting a pop and being over.  Roman got a pop.  He isnt over.  Last week there were several reports of people streaming out of the building during the main event segment.  Which is a very bad sign.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Roman Reigns but I still think his fanbase is growing.

They will either give up trying or he will get over.  And if he does get over, they will pat themselves on the back when in reality, ANYONE would get over with the push he's getting.  Its sort of fitting because Hunter was also a guy that wasnt over and was given numerous chances and a lot of tricks before he finally connected.  WWE-history tells us that Hunter was an immediate star ofcourse.  But it wasnt true.

In 100 years this will be a great case study in WWE shoving someone so far down the fans throats that tjey just decide they like it. Every booking trick ever. Iron Mike Sharpe would get a huge ovation in the Roman spot with booking like this. It's masterful really.

Surprised vince was back so quick and willing to take so much. They will surely Pop a rating. But now what?

I can't remember the last time I saw the world championship change hands on RAW

Pretty rare these days.

July 2011 saw a title win on RAW as a tournament. 

But one guy beating another, Nov 2010 when Miz cashed in on Orton on RAW.

Title swap in an actual "match", June 2009 in a Fatal Four Way.

Prior to that, 2006, 2001, 1999.

So not very often.

Well at least they recognize they need t shake things up. Roman is a better champ than Sheamus and having Roman vs. the McMahons/League of Nations, Dean vs Kevin Owens, and the Charlotte storyline, I'm actually pretty interested to see where this goes. Can't wait for the Rumble!!

Well at least they recognize they need t shake things up. Roman is a better champ than Sheamus and having Roman vs. the McMahons/League of Nations, Dean vs Kevin Owens, and the Charlotte storyline, I'm actually pretty interested to see where this goes. Can't wait for the Rumble!!

Brock and Cena are both back imminently too.  Just in time for WM season and for WWE to think everything is right in the world.  Then we get NEW record low ratings next year!