Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

Roman's catchphrase sucks. His signature moves are boring. He cannot act natural on the mic. I don't get it. You could argue that he's got the look.... Maybe.

Roman is the perfect example of the new way of doing things and why it sucks.

He is a 100% WWE product.  Taught by WWE, developed by WWE, marketed by WWE.  Which is why every single thing he does or says is manufactured and lame.  Compare him to Ambrose and Rollins who learned on the indy's, worked on the indy's, developed on the indy's.  They have personality.  They learned different styles and worked with different guys and added/subtracted things from their personalities and repetoir through trial and error.

Roman doesnt know any better.  He's exactly what WWE would create if they had a wrestler-making machine.  Average at everything, not excellent at anything, looks the part, does what he's told.  100% manufactured right down to his beautiful blue eyes.  And WWE is perplexed why he doesnt resonate better with fans.  He's as fake as it comes.

Vince bought out all the other major promotions like AWA where so many great wrestlers learned their chops. NXT is the WWE & I don't see a lot of the new wrestlers being as stiff as Reigns is on the mic. He really should lose his punching of the mat & the primal scream. That's when fans react negatively towards him. He needs to change some of his fake mannerisms in the ring, work to get better on the mic  &  he'll be fine. 

WWE fans are telling them exactly what they think of their product. Are vince and Hunter listening?

There is no way to spin the Monday, 11/23 WWE Raw ratings other than that they were a disaster.

The show did 2.95 million viewers, more than 200,000 viewers lower than what had previously been the non-holiday low dating back to 1997 when Raw was losing badly to WCW Monday Nitro.

Part of the reason was the NFL's Monday night game featuring the New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills that did 14.26 million viewers, which is about two million more than football has been doing in recent weeks but nowhere near a record.

It is the first time Raw averaged less than three million viewers since 1997.

To make matters worse, this was the day after the Survivor Series event where the WWE heavyweight title changed hands, which usually would lead to at least a strong first hour. In case you needed to be reminded, Sheamus now holds the gold after cashing in his MITB briefcase against five minute champion Roman Reigns.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.19 million viewers

9 p.m. 2.99 million viewers

10 p.m. 2.71 million viewers

I think Ken Kennedy did lose. Someone did.... I thought they'd have roman beat Sheamus actually.

Fans have rejected Sheamus. Rejected roman. Had they used the tournament to push Owens, Ambrose, Cesaro they would have drawn a better rating.

Should have given it to Owens. He is the most over then he could've feuded with Reigns to get him over. To me, there's more talented mid carders than Sheamus. That's where he should be. Mid card feuding with someone like Stardust. How does Zack Ryder stay on the roster? 

The thing is, you're never going to make everyone happy. Who could you put the belt on right now that wouldn't piss off a large amount of people? Maybe Ambrose? The point is that some people will always be unhappy. No word of a lie, the biggest WWE fan I know LOVES Sheamus. He still won't shut up about it lol.

Yeah but it's not really about making people happy so much as telling interesting stories. Putting a belt on a bad guy shouldn't make fans happy but they should be interested in watching hat bad guy lose

Sheamus isn't a write off. He is over to a degree. But I don't think a majority of people tune in to watch him get his comeuppance.

I guarantee WWE knows he was a weak choice. It everyone else hurts their plan to elevate Roman. The only idea that elevates Roman is turning Roman heel and they are desperate to create a new John Cena tjat they forget how Cena and other generational stars were created.

WWE isn't one good decision away from improving. They've lost something like 30% of their audience. They need a stark shift akin to the change in 97 when everything changed.

They need a new producer, fresh production, different announcing concept, a major shift in how they view creativity and the good sense that Hunter can't be the central character.

You can break the WWE down by era. They switch things up and change every "era". This era is limping to a slow death. But an aged Vince too afraid to move out of this corporate comfort zone won't change.

The thing is, you're never going to make everyone happy. Who could you put the belt on right now that wouldn't piss off a large amount of people? Maybe Ambrose? The point is that some people will always be unhappy. No word of a lie, the biggest WWE fan I know LOVES Sheamus. He still won't shut up about it lol.

Owens. 

Yep tough to argue with any of that. The storylines have been boring or nonexistent. Where are the heel and face turns? Where are the dirty finishes in meaningful matches? Where are the angles with wrestlers as guest referees? To take a quote from Vince McMahon on the Stone Cold podcast, its just "wrestling for the sake of wrestling." That's fine for house shows but there's gotta be some continuity on TV to keep people coming back. One thing I hate is the six man tag team matches between seemingly random wrestlers with absolutely no drama or backstory leading up to them. What's the point? Why should I care? Not sure how to fix it, it will take an incredibly creative mind to get the WWE out of this funk.

Owens.

Yes I'm sure all the Roman Reigns and Ambrose fans would be thrilled with Owens getting the belt. No one at all would complain about that..... (Sarcasm)

Yeah but it's not really about making people happy so much as telling interesting stories. Putting a belt on a bad guy shouldn't make fans happy but they should be interested in watching hat bad guy lose

Sheamus isn't a write off. He is over to a degree. But I don't think a majority of people tune in to watch him get his comeuppance.

I guarantee WWE knows he was a weak choice. It everyone else hurts their plan to elevate Roman. The only idea that elevates Roman is turning Roman heel and they are desperate to create a new John Cena tjat they forget how Cena and other generational stars were created.

WWE isn't one good decision away from improving. They've lost something like 30% of their audience. They need a stark shift akin to the change in 97 when everything changed.

They need a new producer, fresh production, different announcing concept, a major shift in how they view creativity and the good sense that Hunter can't be the central character.

You can break the WWE down by era. They switch things up and change every "era". This era is limping to a slow death. But an aged Vince too afraid to move out of this corporate comfort zone won't change.

Get rid of the Authority. Bring back a face GM who looks like he's booking matches for the benefit of the fans & keeps the heels in their place. Get rid of the Kids Era. Release wrestlers like Hornswoggle & Zack Ryder. Then go back to the Attitude Era. Maybe not quite as brutal as it was over a decade ago when wrestlers were fighting in barb wire & the blood was everywhere. But ramp up the matches so they look a little more violent without the blood.

Get the wrestlers that need to be over, over. Like Ziggler, Owens & Cesaro. Get Braun Stroman off television. Send him back to NXT. He's absolutely useless & he can take Rowan with him.

Make the Dudley Boyz more relevant. Don't put them in squash matches against the Wyatt Family. They need to win the tag belt.Time for a change from New Day even though they're over. We need to see more of The Prime Time Players.Get rid of The Ascension as they're also useless. More meaningful matches from the Divas Division. We need to see Sasha Banks more & less of Paige. Lastly make Owens the champ & get the belt off Sheamus.

Owens.

Yes I'm sure all the Roman Reigns and Ambrose fans would be thrilled with Owens getting the belt. No one at all would complain about that..... (Sarcasm)

He's the best heel in the WWE. He deserves to be the champ. I doubt most people would argue that.