Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks

Little has a hamstring issue. For a while now too. This hurts us lots. Buff? Stings but Myers Toby Trouba lessens the blow. Losing little is tough.

For what it's worth, Maurice said Little's injury is a new one.

I did see him rubbing his shoulder/neck area during the game on Wdnesday.

Has any team in the NHL faced as many back breaking injuries as the Jets this year (aside from, perhaps, Columbus)?

Byfuglien, Trouba, Bogosian, Enstrom, Perreault, Chiarot, Kane, Little, Stuart.  I guess the hockey gods want no part of the Jets in the playoffs.

With all the adversity the Jets have faced this year, making the playoffs would be a truly impressive feat.

Well, Armia is a winger, Odell can play center, that's my guess. 

Scheif,Lowry,Odell,Slater now i suppose.

True with little rubbing his shoulder, guess maurice did say that it happened in the last game and he continued to play. 

If what players did in the AHL had any bearing on what they do in the NHL, we would have beaten ottawa 10-3. Hammond sucked in the AHL. 

The playoffs aren't guaranteed, i've seen lots of stories about us getting in the playoffs, almost like it's a guarantee but it's not at all. We are now sitting in the second wild card spot, Minny is on a roll, Calgary is playing well, (3rd in pacific), LA is right there, SJ is still there even altho they are fading... We have a pretty tough schedule left, we have injuries to key players, Not concerned about Buff as he honestly has not been playing well since the ASB, but... losing Little even if it's just 1 or 2 games really hurts.. Reality is, 1 or 2 wins is going to be the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs. I hope we do but it seems like the hockey gods are not on our side. It's too bad cuz this team when healthy can compete with anybody, it would be a damn shame if they missed the playoffs by a point or 2. I'm afraid they might, hope they don't but.. losing your best player (little) who happens to be your number 1 center too, that hurts. Even if it's just for a game or 2, it hurts lots. 

I still think this team can get in, every other playoff challenging squad has a tough sked as well as us, and injuries as we've seen, can happen to any team at any time with the level of intensity of play at this time of year. I think this team can play well enough to get in, the other guys will have to step it up like they did when the Defence went down. No Buff now but thanks to Chevy we have some depth that will not leave us totally high and dry. Speaking of Buff, I can't help but think much of his improved play or desire to play stems from two things, Maurice's influence, and his better level of fitness. He was really out of shape later on in Chicago and in Atlanta and brought that here the first few seasons ...

BUFF5.png

This is his Blackhawks days playing weight.

photo2-480x501.jpg

His early Jets playing days ...

HOC_NHL_NEW_YORK_ISLANDERS_1.jpg

... and now.

Looks like Buff has bought in, too bad about his injury, hopefully he gets back in time to help make a difference this season!